“Extrodinary Service”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Extrodinary Service”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stay at this location pretty much every week for business and the staff and management is superb. Cheryl and her staff are very special people. They have been very accommodating to me and my company. The hotel is very clean, very nice and a great location!

I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank-You for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center / Downtown. As you know as one of our regulars we do try to make everyone of our guests experiences personal and memorable. We love what we do and it shows ... Hopefully, while you are in town you have a chance to spend a little time on Las Olas that is only a few short blocks from us that boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping . A nice little get away after a hard day at the office!

I hope to see you and your colleagues on your next stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City center / Downtown!

Safe Travels,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Hampton Inn at City Center had everything that we look for in a hotel and we were pleasantly surprised! It was clean, staff were helpful and accommodating, and the hotel and parking garage felt very safe and secure. We were in town for only 1 day for an event but wish we would've stayed longer! From the moment we walked in, we felt catered to. We were put on a waiting list for an early check in and able to get in our room a little earlier than normal. I didn't catch the guys name who assisted us but he was great (afternoon of 11/2/13)! The front desk staff even gave a courtesy call to make sure we were completely satisfied with our room. The free breakfast buffet was much more than we expected; not just a continental breakfast, but hot foods such as eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks. The pool and jacuzzi area looked very nice, unfortunately we did not get to use it this trip! The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The lobby bar on the 2nd floor was nice, we would have gone sooner, but it didn't open until 5. The 2 free drink tickets were a nice treat! The entertainment area full of bars, restaurants, and museums are a quick cab ride or walk away. We ended up walking to everything. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjmiami2013
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Thank-You for your comments! We are a great value and offer amenities that prove to have a cost savings benefit. Complimentary breakfast , shuttle for two to Port Everglades, free wifi , two free drink tickets at check in for our brand new full service bar with tapas food items as well as a Shop and Drop package that offers a shopping and meal gist card along with other goodies... definitly something to look into!

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

ct
Reviewed 30 October 2013

While on business we stayed four nights at this property. As others have reviewed the location to the airport, Las Olas and the Riverfront is great. Exceptionally clean and wonderful bed/bedding.
David at the front desk was exceptionally accommodating. The breakfast served is very good for yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, muffins, oat meal and waffles. The scrambled eggs were weird and the potatoes were tasteless. The pool area is very nice and well maintained. Overall it is an excellent property for the money. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had four rooms on the 8th floor. All were fine with pleasant views. One was adjacent to the ele...
1 Thank lightsdp
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Greetings from Fort Lauderdale -

I am always excited to read a review with some meat and potatoes to it ... the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center is centrally located right in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale! Just moments from Trendy Las Olas and the Riverfront. Great Location! Easily walk-able or a $5.00 / 5 minute taxi ride ... Our rooms are exceptionally clean with great attention to detail as I believe I do have the best housekeeping director out there ... She loves what she does! My staff truly loves what they do ... The entire team goes above and beyond daily to ensure great service and personal attention. I do hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

October 23, 2013
Kelley Malone
Fort Lauderdale- City Center/Downtown
Dear Ms. Malone,
I want to tell you about one of your wonderful employees.
Her name is Kelley Matera. Kelley is a really great representative for your company.
Kelley has wonderful customer service skills and she makes the customers (like me) feel like a million dollars.
I had a special request (high floor, two beds, etc) and Kelley was able to accommodate my needs.
I only fly Delta. I only rent cars from Avis, I own a Volvo and I love staying at the Hampton Inn on North Andrews Avenue when I am in Fort Lauderdale. I am super brand loyal to Delta, Avis,Volvo and Hampton Inn/Hilton.
I am brand loyal to those four brands because of people like Kelley Matera.
Please tell Kelley how much I appreciate the kind way that she treated me.
I am so very impressed with Kelley.
Please give her some gold stars.
Thank you.
jDS
PLEASE TURN THE MUSAC OFF IN THE BREAKFAST AREA IN THE MORNING. THE TELEVISION IS BLARING AND THE MUSAC IS BLARING AND IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS... I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL OF YOUR STAFF IF THEY WOULD PLEASE TURN THE MUSAC OFF DURING BREAKFAST. NOBODY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. THANK YOU FOR MEETING WITH ME.. JDS Gainesville Florida

Room Tip: Ask Kelley to help you get a nice room. Kelley is a really great staff person at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

I appreciate the time you took to write a review and note one of our shining star employees... Kelly is a keeper for sure! At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center we always try to ensure great service with the emphasis on individual attention and exceeding and anticipating your needs! As for the musac... This was resolved within moments of your request after we met! Thank-You for brining it to my attention ... I do understand your frustration.

New York, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice. Both times we were taking a cruise the next day. We really like the hotel; complimentary breakfast and transportation to the port; and its proximity to shops and restaurants. We will stay here again and will recommend it to friends traveling to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Regina E
Hello from Fort Lauderdale -

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am always excited to hear that our guests has a great stay! We are just a few blocks from Trendy Las Olas which has over 40 restaurants with great boutique shopping, a beautiful waterfront area that is the perfect setting for a drink and great conversation. The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City center is the perfect location for cruisers ... Less than 2 miles from the Port Everglades , complimentary shuttle to the port , free breakfast and a brand new bar that over looks the Fort Lauderdale Skyline is a wonderful beginning to a relaxing cruise with family or friends.
I do look forward to seeing you on your next stay at The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center!

Fountain Valley, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was on a business trip and we wanted to stay close to the airport as we had meetings and were leaving the following day. They have a bar on the second floor which is was great touch since the area kind of lacked restaurants and bars. The staff was awesome from the check in to the bartender to the meeting room staff. All were nice, helpful and very friendly. A very good value for the location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Russell K
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

It is always great to hear that guests have a great stay! Our bar is great addition to the hotel and our guests seem to like it! We are just a few blocks from trendy Las Olas which boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping, I do hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!
Maitland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Pros:

Loved the trip so much.
Great location.
Great price.
Only Hampton Inn WITH ALCOHOL bar!
AWESOME Breakfast
Great WiFi
Enrique is the man. Hooked it up!
Free Drink Tickets

Cons:

Room was near side entrance door, elevator AND maid room...so LOT of action in the AM. If you want to sleep in , might request room not near those areas

Room Tip: See Cons in review notes....
1 Thank Cameron M
Hello from Sunny South Florida!

I am excited to read that you enjoyed your stay and found that the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale City Center is a great value! We did just add a full service bar with tapas food items that seem to be a hit with all of our guests ... I do hope that you had a chance to spend some time on our beautiful beaches and at Trendy Las Olas located just a few blocks from the hotel!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!