“The staff goes above and beyond”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Annapolis, Maryland
“The staff goes above and beyond”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

When working at Broward Health I try to stay at this property as much as I can . The general manager, Kelly Malone, keeps her staff on their toes ! Everytime I check in and check out the experience is flawless. The rooms are cleaned properly and the bedding is very comfortable . The breakfast lady who I often see there does a perfect job and her smile and polite nature is very welcoming in the morning . One of my joys is that this property DOES NOT CHARGE FOR PARKING ! .... I find it silly that hotels with on site parking nickel and dime you for parking. However, do not rent a large SUV since the garage is super tight. The garage walls bear scrapes and scars from previous guest mishaps. Overall, I must say this is one of the nicest run Hampton Inns I have been to .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Randall W
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello from warm and sunny Fort Lauderdale,

I Love that word Exceptional! At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we strive to give 100% every single day and personalize each guest experience. Attention to detail is what we are great at ... hence our clean rooms and welcoming staff.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale,

Safe Travels,

Kelley Malone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Seattle
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is an ok hotel in a seedy area in Fort Lauderdale. You can walk to some shops and restaurants in 20 minutes but sketchy people are out at night. Hotel was quiet with comfortable beds but it was slightly dirty and run down. Price was almost $200/night. Breakfast was free but not good at all. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeaStarSeattle
Greetings from South Florida,

At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale. We try very hard to make each and every guest enjoy their stay with hopes of seeing them year after year! I will address your comments with my team and utilize them as a learning tool to improve in the future!

Safe Travels and I do hope to see you and your family on your next trip to Sunny South Florida!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Me and my wife stayed in the Hampton Inn when we were visiting family for the holidays and let me just say that this Hampton lives up to the name. Staff was incredibly attentive especially the Housekeeping supervisor Angie. My wife wanted new linens since she accidentally spilled her wine on them and without no hesitation Angie came in there with fresh ones within 10 minutes. Next time we're going back to Florida we're definitely coming back to this Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I always enjoy reading happy ending reviews. The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale is the ideal location for cruisers to stay... Just a mile and a half from Port Everglades and to have the option to be right in the heart of Downtown with Trendy Las Olas just blocks away is the ideal location. We do work very hard to keep the hotel nearly spotless, clean rooms with a very friendly staff is sure to make your stay memorable and relaxing. We did just add a full bar with great evening food options. At check-in we do give each registered guests a complimentary drink ticket for the bar ... just an added amenity to ensure our guests enjoy all the value Hampton Inn has to offer!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Grain Valley, Missouri
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice hotel. Hot breakfast. Pool. It's location is great for walking to eating establishments, bars & grills and more. You can arrange for shuttles to and from the airport and Port Everglades for a cruise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeTheTraveler56
am excited that you had a great time in Fort Lauderdale and hopefully an even better time on your cruise. You are correct in saying that Hampton Inn's do not nickel and dime you like other chains ... Our breakfast is awesome and now with a make your own waffle station. The shuttle is complimentary and great tip about reserving a shuttle for your return to the airport! Our shuttle company now has more space so the ease of reserving a shuttle is even better!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Safe Travels.

Queens, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews, I stayed at this hotel before a cruise. I guess my standards are a little different because I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Upon check in, staff could hardly be bothered. I found the lobby dark and in need of a good scrubbing and a coat of paint. The smell of mildew was overpowering. My room was in need of that same paint. I always check behind the bed looking for little critters so I did feel a little better when I didn't find any. The bed linens were clean and fresh. The carpet was dirty and not one that I would walk barefoot on. The furniture was old but serviceable. The bathroom was clean and I did appreciate the makeup mirror. I didn't use the pool area but it looked nice. I also did not use the voucher for a glass of house wine or tap beer. The breakfast area was crowded with guests, so I took coffee and box cereal back to the room. Can't say more about it.

The area around the hotel was not one I would want to walk around in so I took a taxi to and from Las Olas.

There was shuttle service to the cruise port that got us to the ship in plenty of time.

If I were staying at this hotel for more than an overnight I would definitely have moved on and stayed elsewhere.

The only bright side to this experience was Fatima who was working at the front desk during checkout. She was helpful, informative, and willing to help.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 10toesinthesand
Albert Lea, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stay at Hampton Inns often and chose this hotel because of the close proximity to the airport. We had a late flight and wanted something close to the airport. When we arrived, check in was quick and easy - no issues there. The problem was with the cleanliness of the room. You can imagine my surprise when I looked behind the night stand to plug in my phone and found a used condom. That about sums up how clean the room was.

At check-out, the lady at the front desk was very short with us. We asked her to call a taxi for us, and we ended up waiting over 20 minutes for one to arrive.

No wonder the rate was so affordable. You get what you pay for....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank-You for taking the time to share your experience. The hotel is located in a Downtown area that has a lot of colors if you will. The Greyhound station being a 10 minute walk is a tad more colorful than where we are located. The Hampton Inn Downtown City center is just a few blocks north of Trendy Las Olas a very hip hot spot for boutique shopping and restaurants with outdoor cafe's and a beautiful waterfront area, close to fortune 500 businesses and a $5.00 taxi ride to Fort Lauderdale Beach ... The hotel as you mentioned in beautiful and the staff is on point ready to please. I am delighted that you did have a wonderful time in Fort Lauderdale and loved the hotel...

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here twice before and after our cruise; the good was the fact the hotel is not far from the airport or the cruise ship so it is easy access to both. We rested comfortably in quiet rooms on each stay, desk staff is very courteous and helpful.

The not so good; if you do not have a car your dining options are quite limited, the hotel is not in the best neighborhood (its actually downtown) there is a McDonalds and Subway within walking distance NOT within sight of the hotel. Be prepared to walk through dark streets in a risky neighborhood. Be early for breakfast, as this hotel caters to persons departing on a cruise, everyone hits the breakfast area about the same time overwhelming the area. The second visit I arrived early to the breakfast area and made the mistake of changing the channel on the TV because I did not want to hear about the murder taking place during breakfast, so I get a lecture from a staff member how the customers are not allowed to change the channels on the TV. I didn't change it back.

Room Tip: Its an aging property in a poor neighborhood.