Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, United States
“Unhappy customer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Air went out first night and they could not move me as they were full, next day was fixed but then went out again and had to be moved at 9 pm. Charged me one rate on one night then higher rate second night, then had to go to front desk to find out why. Also parking is very very tight, concrete pillar and curbing make it very diffcult to enter and exit parking

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Deborah M M
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 18 February 2014
do appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments as a teaching moment with the staff. Just for a little reassurance, the water having a yellowish tinge is indeed from the city and is what occurs anywhere when there is a water main break in the area. Unfortunately, this is not something that I have immediate control over however, we do strive to take corrective measures and offer complimentary bottles of “bottled water “at the front desk to ensure guest comfort. The 100% satisfaction guarantee is clearly posted on the front desk counter at check-in and the staff has the autonomy to invoke the 100% as it's not only Hampton's policy but mine as well as we embrace the theory of ensuring each and every guest is satisfied.

I do hope to see you on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels,

Kelley Malone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The staff is helpful. Close to shopping and restaurants. Close to airport with a shuttle to the airport and surrounding attractions. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Amanda G
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale -

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale City Center. We are the closest Hilton property to Trendy Las Olas which I am excited you were able to experience and hopefully enjoyed! Las Olas is great ... Day or night it is a hip, trendy location with tons of restaurants and boutique shopping with a beautiful riverfront that is delightful to walk along or enjoy a few cocktails with some friends! At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale City Center we take pride in offering the best service we can and really enjoy what we do ... I love that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

When working at Broward Health I try to stay at this property as much as I can . The general manager, Kelly Malone, keeps her staff on their toes ! Everytime I check in and check out the experience is flawless. The rooms are cleaned properly and the bedding is very comfortable . The breakfast lady who I often see there does a perfect job and her smile and polite nature is very welcoming in the morning . One of my joys is that this property DOES NOT CHARGE FOR PARKING ! .... I find it silly that hotels with on site parking nickel and dime you for parking. However, do not rent a large SUV since the garage is super tight. The garage walls bear scrapes and scars from previous guest mishaps. Overall, I must say this is one of the nicest run Hampton Inns I have been to .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randall W
Hello from warm and sunny Fort Lauderdale,

I Love that word Exceptional! At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we strive to give 100% every single day and personalize each guest experience. Attention to detail is what we are great at ... hence our clean rooms and welcoming staff.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale,

Safe Travels,

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is an ok hotel in a seedy area in Fort Lauderdale. You can walk to some shops and restaurants in 20 minutes but sketchy people are out at night. Hotel was quiet with comfortable beds but it was slightly dirty and run down. Price was almost $200/night. Breakfast was free but not good at all. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeaStarSeattle
Greetings from South Florida,

At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale. We try very hard to make each and every guest enjoy their stay with hopes of seeing them year after year! I will address your comments with my team and utilize them as a learning tool to improve in the future!

Safe Travels and I do hope to see you and your family on your next trip to Sunny South Florida!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Me and my wife stayed in the Hampton Inn when we were visiting family for the holidays and let me just say that this Hampton lives up to the name. Staff was incredibly attentive especially the Housekeeping supervisor Angie. My wife wanted new linens since she accidentally spilled her wine on them and without no hesitation Angie came in there with fresh ones within 10 minutes. Next time we're going back to Florida we're definitely coming back to this Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I always enjoy reading happy ending reviews. The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale is the ideal location for cruisers to stay... Just a mile and a half from Port Everglades and to have the option to be right in the heart of Downtown with Trendy Las Olas just blocks away is the ideal location. We do work very hard to keep the hotel nearly spotless, clean rooms with a very friendly staff is sure to make your stay memorable and relaxing. We did just add a full bar with great evening food options. At check-in we do give each registered guests a complimentary drink ticket for the bar ... just an added amenity to ensure our guests enjoy all the value Hampton Inn has to offer!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Grain Valley, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice hotel. Hot breakfast. Pool. It's location is great for walking to eating establishments, bars & grills and more. You can arrange for shuttles to and from the airport and Port Everglades for a cruise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeTheTraveler56
am excited that you had a great time in Fort Lauderdale and hopefully an even better time on your cruise. You are correct in saying that Hampton Inn's do not nickel and dime you like other chains ... Our breakfast is awesome and now with a make your own waffle station. The shuttle is complimentary and great tip about reserving a shuttle for your return to the airport! Our shuttle company now has more space so the ease of reserving a shuttle is even better!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Safe Travels.

Queens, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews, I stayed at this hotel before a cruise. I guess my standards are a little different because I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Upon check in, staff could hardly be bothered. I found the lobby dark and in need of a good scrubbing and a coat of paint. The smell of mildew was overpowering. My room was in need of that same paint. I always check behind the bed looking for little critters so I did feel a little better when I didn't find any. The bed linens were clean and fresh. The carpet was dirty and not one that I would walk barefoot on. The furniture was old but serviceable. The bathroom was clean and I did appreciate the makeup mirror. I didn't use the pool area but it looked nice. I also did not use the voucher for a glass of house wine or tap beer. The breakfast area was crowded with guests, so I took coffee and box cereal back to the room. Can't say more about it.

The area around the hotel was not one I would want to walk around in so I took a taxi to and from Las Olas.

There was shuttle service to the cruise port that got us to the ship in plenty of time.

If I were staying at this hotel for more than an overnight I would definitely have moved on and stayed elsewhere.

The only bright side to this experience was Fatima who was working at the front desk during checkout. She was helpful, informative, and willing to help.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family