Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
US$268
US$165
US$142
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$144
Riverside Hotel
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$111
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$228
  • Beachfront
US$218
1,389 results
All reviewslas olasfront deskthe breakfast arearoom keyfree shuttleparking garagecomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicewalking distancecruise portgreat place to staywould stay here againpre cruiseyogurtwater taxilauderdaleft
Reviewed 21 February 2014

First of all, I had no problem with the hotel. It was clean and my pre cruise and post cruise stay was satisfactory. The area is a bit off the beaten track as far as restaurants are concerned but the hotel offer a tapas menu each evening that was quite good but somewhat limited. My only gripe (and I discussed this with the manager) was a front desk person who did not belong in that position. This particular individual looked and dressed like a homeless person and was not at all keeping with the image that Hilton or Hampton want to present to the traveling public. Not only was his appearance deplorable but when I asked for assistance he didn't seem eager to help nor did he attempt to find someone who could answer a question. I hope this individual will clean up his act and workout. I don't want to cause anyone to lose their job

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackBuffalo
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so very much for your review of Hampton Inn Downtown-Las Olas. I love hearing great comments like yours about our hotel.

As for the Front Office Personnel that you are referring to, I totally agree with you. He did not meet our Hilton/Hampton standard of grooming and uniform. I have addressed this with this individual and when you come back to stay with us, I don't think this will be an issue.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and we look forward to having you back at Hampton Inn Downtown- Las Olas.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed her prior to a cruise, mainly because the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise ship port.

The hotel itself was nice - the front desk staff was friendly upon check-in, but seemed a little harried and uninterested when I was asking questions prior to departure.

The room was comfortable - the mini-fridge and microwave was handy to have. The tub needs to have it's adhesives re-applied as getting into it to shower was extremely slippery. The beds are comfortable and the furniture was in good shape.

We had breakfast twice and it was fine for an included breakfast - although they put some sort of herb into the eggs that I did not care for.

I enjoyed that you could get coffee, tea, and hot chocolate throughout the day in the breakfast area.

What I didn't like was that the neighbourhood had a dejected feeling to it - I had no desire to go out in it at night, it felt a bit dodgy! We walked to the local CVS - very easy walk, but didn't venture anywhere else. The only "restaurant" that we noticed nearby was McDonalds.

The shuttle to Port Everglades was very good - left on-time and the driver was professional and a cautious driver.

Room Tip: Ask for something that doesn't face N. Andrews Ave - the train that runs parallel to this street kept waking me up!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

I am always delighted to have my guests share their experiences. I Thank-You for your comments on the staff as they truly strive for excellence. In the twenty years that I have been in the hotel business I can honestly say that I have the BEST Director of Housekeeping! On a daily basis she ensures that the hotel is held to a high standard. The area is in the downtown market - similar to any downtown area there are more colorful areas than others. With this being said, we are just a stone’s throw away from Trendy Las Olas and the waterfront - a leisurely walk or a $5.00 taxi ride will beam you over to this location in a blink of an eye ... with a plethora of boutique shopping and 40 restaurants to choose from. If going out is not in your plans for the night - We have just renovated the second floor with a new 2nd floor lobby, FULL SERVICE BAR with TAPAS food options that are certain to please even the pickiest eater.

I do hope to see you on your return to Fort Lauderdale! Sending you a bit of sunshine and warmth from Fort Lauderdale to Oregon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

hotel was nice, clean rooms & front desk very helpful, no shuttle to hotel from airport..$20.00, no place to eat within 3 blocks which was'nt good. free shuttle to port was great, shopping & good dining about 5 blocks away....you will be staying in downtown finacial area.

Room Tip: rooms come with fridge & mirco-wave which is nice...average size rooms..not anything to look at as far a view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L

Thank-You for taking the time to provide us with great feedback! We definitely have a wonderful staff that takes pride on ensuring each guest is happy. The Irish Pub is just a block or so from us which makes it an easy walk at any time of day. I hope you had a wonderful cruise and I look forward to seeing you on your next cruise and / or trip to Sunny South Florida!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Good clean efficient hotel. But Advertising a sun trolley (with bus stop outside the hotel) that does not run any more is annoying. I saw many people waiting for the bus and hotel staff (all three of them) uninterested when I informed them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Terry P

Hello from Fort Lauderdale -

I am just as caught off guard as you are. We are in the process of looking into the re-routing of the trolley. Sadly, the route was just changed without notifying the hotel. Annoying yes ... but, we are diligently working on it and will have this hopefully corrected in the near future!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a great stay at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale! Everything was top notch! The Inn was clean, beautiful and roomy! Great breakfast with lots of choices and a nice place to eat, inside and outside! The other amenities were awesome!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale -

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale - City Center! I always love hearing guests point out just how great the staff is and the attention to detail with cleanliness! The staff takes pride in what they do and love what they do! Which you can see makes a world of a difference!

I do look forward to seeing you at Fort Lauderdale’s Closest Hilton property to Trendy Las Olas in the future!