We stayed here on a stay-and-cruise plan, and this downtown Hampton Inn is adequate for that purpose. I believe we paid about $190 for a night's stay, included breakfast, parking in the hotel's adjacent garage for 12 nights plus included transport to Port Everglades, which is about 10 or 15 minutes away depending on traffic and road construction. It did not include transport back to the hotel, but we bought the return transfer from the Ft. Lauderdale Shuttles desk in the hotel lobby for $10.
The room was standard-issue Hampton Inn. Breakfast, as per usual for Hampton Inn, was mediocre at best. It's time for this chain to finally upgrade their included breakfast.
The location is nothing to rave about, with very little of interest within walking distance. But since we arrived late and left on the noon shuttle to the Celebrity Equinox (along with about a dozen other guests going to this or another ship), the location didn't bother us.
Parking at Port Everglades I believe is $15 a day, so the Hampton Inn deal saved us money, provided a decent place to spend the night and made the transfers easy.
By the way, by sheer luck on our return from the cruise the Ft. Lauderdale Shuttles happened to be right at the hotel pick up area when we emerged from the port customs and immigration building, so our porter just handed over our luggage to the shuttle driver and we were on our way within 2 minutes. The shuttle driver dropped off one other family at a Hilton Garden Inn and then took us to the Hampton Inn. Our experience with Ft. Lauderdale Shuttles was good. They were friendly, efficient and on time. This company uses vans that seat 8 to 12, some with a small trailer behind for the luggage.
Bottom line: I'd use this property again for a cruise-and-stay deal but wouldn't care to stay here for a vacation in Ft. Lauderdale. But then, who would vacation in Ft. Lauderdale anyway?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn