“Consistent and Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn, in any city I find their staff friendly, complementary breakfast better than many around, and super comfortable and clean beds! Plus free wireless internet, yay! What more can you ask for!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area!

I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our amenities and most importantly- our friendly staff. They work very hard to ensure each and every guest is given exceptional service. I am happy to be able to share your great comments with them.

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area very soon!

Safe travels,

Craig Park

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for 3 days at this hotel. All staff members I interacted with were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast had a great variety and varied from day to day. I really like that there was a small store located in the lobby for any type of sundries/toiletries you might forget. I would have have given this place a 5 rating, but I had to call and ask for my room to be cleaned and ask for towels after requesting them twice already and not receiving them. I think the staff was just really busy over the weekend. Overall, it's nice hotel, a great value for the money, and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate you sharing your positive experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and all the different options we offer. Our sweet shop is definintely an extra convenience for our guests who have forgotten a travel item or just want to grab a quick snack!

We look forward to having you back! Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is located in downtown Fort Lauderdale so if you have business there or are ovenighting for a cruise it's a good location. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is helpful. The free breakfast is more than adequate. The pool is nice.

We were on a cruise and and stayed there overnight, parking our car in the garage for the duration of the cruise. You can grab a shuttle or cab to the cruise port; including tip a cab should cost less than $20; so overall staying here is a very good value, better and easier than parking at the port itself. There's nothing much in the immediate hotel neighborhood. It's actually a bit iffy, and I would not recommend walking around at night. We felt comfortable, however, walking down to Las Olas during the day. My suggestion for dinner would be to drive to the Galleria Mall area. Lot's of nice eating places in the mall and near by.

As a hint, if you've never cruised out of Fort Lauderdale. The shuttle pick up area can get very crowded and backed up on the return. You might have to wait quite a while for your shuttle. Best bet, if you are staying at the hotel is to just a grab a cab back. They are plentiful and you'll get out much faster. If you are going directly to FLL you might want to consider using a cruise ship shuttle. At least you'll have a guaranteed departure time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve r
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your great review of the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale - Downtown/Las Olas Area! Our Ship and Shore package which allows you to leave your vehicle with us during your cruise has been largely popular with our guests. Leaving your car at the cruiseport can be very pricey especially if your cruise is 7+ days.

I'm sure other travelers will find your tips on restaurants and transportation to be very helpful. We love seeing reviews like this! We thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Hoping to see you back here again,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed @ the Hampton Inn because of previous reviews. I especially liked the fact that management commented on all reviews, good or bad ! We stayed April 26 the night before our cruise the next day. The Front Desk staff was great. I asked for directions to the Las Olas area, it wasn't far, but, she suggested we take a Cab for $5. I said we like to walk especially being so close. She said it really wasn't safe at night(it was just getting dark) when I kind of persisted, the Lady(I'm sorry I didn't write her name down) at the counter said, "I'll give you the $5 for the cab, it's not safe to walk @ night, how nice and caring was that(of course, we didn't take it) ! We would have had to walk very near a homeless area.

The next day we caught the free shuttle to the ship. The room was fine, everything was. We would definitely stay there again.

Thanks, again to the Hampton Inn.

Dave & Leona Vicencio

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you ver much for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale-Downtown Las Olas Area! I checked to see who was working the night you stayed with us and I believe the employee you were speaking of was Fatima. I will be sure to share your review with her as I know it will absolutely make her day. Fatima is an asset to our team and she absolutely loves making sure every one of our guests is taken care of.

I am also glad that you were able to use our complimentary shuttle to the cruiseport. We have found the shuttles to be a huge convenience for our cruise guests over the last few years.

Thank you again for your review of the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale-Downtown/ Las Olas area!

Until next time,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were staying at the Hampton Inn for one night before we checked in to a pricey/she-she hotel in Miami for a wedding. I was expecting the Hampton Inn to be forgetful, but I actually liked it better than the fancy boutique hotel on Miami Beach. Maybe it was the quiet downtown vibe of the hotel, or the free individually wrapped apples they kept in the lobby, but I really liked this place. My favorite part? The pool. Just a regular rectangular pool with a deep end of about 5 feet, but it was private enough, with recliners on the side and chair/tables under the shaded patio, to make me forget that we were downtown next to fast food places and busy government buildings nearby. I would definitely return. I didn't give it 5 stars because honestly, there was nothing spectacular about the place, but sometimes just 'good' is just 'enough'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience while staying with us at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale- Downtown/Las Olas Area! I am happy to hear enjoyed your stay with us more than the fancy boutique in Miami you later stayed at. That is what is great about Hampton Inn hotels- consistency!

We are dedicated to making sure every guest is completely satisfied. Friendly service and clean accomodations are what we strive for. We pay attention to detail- even when it comes to wrapping our lobby apples to ensure they too are clean!

We look forward to seeing you here again,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Regural hotel with decent and clean room, bed and bathroom. Could use new carpeting and showers. towels were with yellow stains. Otherwise, regular chain hotel. Front Desk staff was nice, but made a mistake. However, they did everything to corrected this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. Guest comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We use every single review as a learning tool to continuously improve our hotel.

I am glad to hear the front desk staff was nice and your room was clean and comfortable. Our staff is committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel was very beautiful. Front desk staff was incredibly kind, especially Thomas. He was genuine and quick with the process of checking me in. The room amenities were spectacular. I recommend this hotel for a nice getaway. It is close to the Las Olas strip and beaches. I would stay here again whenever I need to get away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alaska Y

Hello,

What a great review of the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale- Downtown/Las Olas Area! I am so pleased to read your positive comments. Thomas is one of our newest staff members and definitely an asset to our team! I know he will be ecstatic to hear his name mentioned in your review!

We are very close to Las Olas Blvd and the beach as you mentioned. I hope you found it easy to get around as there are many different options for transportation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay with us.

We look forward to having you back,