i almost always stay at Hampton Inn locations as the budget is in line with my company's expense policy and I like that it includes breakfast. I must preface the review by saying that I have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the country on average of 5 or 6 night a month. I have stayed at Hilton properties in a great many countries overseas and was formerly a diamond member, however, this by far is the most complicated Hilton property I have ever stayed at. I arrived and found no place to park. i parked in a Diamond HH spot, though i was not supposed to. After a very long day of traveling 18 hours I registered and was told where to park. I got in the elevator and it didn't move. It took me a bit to figure out i had use my room card to get to any floor other than the lobby. i brought all my luggage up only to have to return back downstairs to move my car to the proper parking lot, then go back upstairs again,
I had a business dinner that night and returned to the hotel late, only to find the parking gate down and i had to use the key card to get my car in the lot. I had to use my key card to get into the hotel. I had to use it again in the elevator to get to my floor. This all prompted me to ask the front desk if this area was so bad that all this security was warranted. He said it wasn't a bad area at all and to let him know if he could help me with anything to let him know. The room could use a facelift, in that there is some damage to the walls and a hole in the wall of the bathroom. it was a comfortable sleep and clean and that was most important. The location was good for me as I needed to be 3 streets over at the PNC building for business the next morning. I checked out via phone and left the card keys in the room like I always do, and found that I couldn't get to the third floor where my car was parked........... I got out on the first floor I could without a card, and then walked around the the parking lot through the levels until i got to my car......in a full business suit, blazer and heels in the heat and humidity, in order to get to my car. I appreciate the security, but they need to FULLY EXPLAIN the card, parking and registration process BEFORE THE GUEST ARRIVES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn