“Comfortable & affordable but complicated.....why?”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

i almost always stay at Hampton Inn locations as the budget is in line with my company's expense policy and I like that it includes breakfast. I must preface the review by saying that I have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the country on average of 5 or 6 night a month. I have stayed at Hilton properties in a great many countries overseas and was formerly a diamond member, however, this by far is the most complicated Hilton property I have ever stayed at. I arrived and found no place to park. i parked in a Diamond HH spot, though i was not supposed to. After a very long day of traveling 18 hours I registered and was told where to park. I got in the elevator and it didn't move. It took me a bit to figure out i had use my room card to get to any floor other than the lobby. i brought all my luggage up only to have to return back downstairs to move my car to the proper parking lot, then go back upstairs again,

I had a business dinner that night and returned to the hotel late, only to find the parking gate down and i had to use the key card to get my car in the lot. I had to use my key card to get into the hotel. I had to use it again in the elevator to get to my floor. This all prompted me to ask the front desk if this area was so bad that all this security was warranted. He said it wasn't a bad area at all and to let him know if he could help me with anything to let him know. The room could use a facelift, in that there is some damage to the walls and a hole in the wall of the bathroom. it was a comfortable sleep and clean and that was most important. The location was good for me as I needed to be 3 streets over at the PNC building for business the next morning. I checked out via phone and left the card keys in the room like I always do, and found that I couldn't get to the third floor where my car was parked........... I got out on the first floor I could without a card, and then walked around the the parking lot through the levels until i got to my car......in a full business suit, blazer and heels in the heat and humidity, in order to get to my car. I appreciate the security, but they need to FULLY EXPLAIN the card, parking and registration process BEFORE THE GUEST ARRIVES.

Room Tip: away from the vending machines as they make a very loud noise down the hall.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle B
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hampton Inn Las Olas would like to thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you had to go through while staying with us. We hope that this does not discourage you from visiting us again.

- Craig Park

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The location is very convenient for Las Olas Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale. The rooms were clean the people were very nice we were very pleased with our stay. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mchandl

Hampton Inn Las Olas appreciates you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our area. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Hampton Inn Las Olas!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The sales team was amazing--Cheryl & Danielle!
The front desk staff friendly and outgoing--Fatima, Laurence and many others whose names I can't recall.
The hotel was centrally located to shopping and food. Breakfast was a full breakfast not a Continental breakfast.
I would return to this hotel again and again. The homeless across the street was a bit of a surprise. However the hotel is located downtown and every city has its downtown homeless. The hotel has security that walked the grounds without fail. The hotel was very secure. You need a room key to park and access the floors where rooms are.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank planrightevents
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hampton Inn Las Olas appreciates you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay during your family reunion. I will personally thank the Sales Department and the rest of my staff for making your stay so memorable. We can not wait to have you back here at the Hampton Inn Las Olas!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is centrally located with access to everything from banking and shopping to entertainment. It is always clean and secure and the staff strives to make your stay pleasant. On site secure parking is a real plus. The breakfasts offer many choices from fresh fruits to hot meals and great coffee, especially fresh hot coffee at 6:00AM.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank xbrace
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

The staff at Hampton Inn Las Olas would like to thank you for taking some time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and especially the coffee. When you come back I will make sure to join you for some fresh fruits and a cup of our fresh hot coffee at the Hampton Inn Las Olas!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for the first time while going out for the night in Fort Lauderdale. I needed a hotel close to downtown but not too far from the beach. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by what an amazing stay I had. Upon arriving at the hotel I was quickly checked in by a very bubbly and attentive front desk agent. She was extremely nice and answered many questions for me. She also gave me a complimentary drink coupon to the bar. What a plus the bar was! The bartenders were just as friendly as the front desk staff. I can honestly say every employee I encountered greeted me with a smile and asked how I was enjoying my stay. The beds were extremely comfortable and although I am normally a light sleeper, I did not wake up once throughout the night. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and there were several different items to choose from. I live nearby so I don't stay in hotels in Fort Lauderdale often; but when I have family in town I will definitely be referring this Hampton Inn. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank club5000

Hampton Inn Las Olas would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. It brings us great joy to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the moment you checked in to the moment you checked out. We hope you visit us again at the Hampton Inn Las Olas even if it is just for a small get away!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will never stay at this hotel again. I had to call 4 times just for them to get my reservations correct then they try and tell me I was wrong with them. At check in, well that was a nightmare. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hampton Inn Las Olas would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us. We hope this does not discourage you from coming back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice room, good breakfast, friendly staff. The location was perfect for my needs and close to the Las Olas area which provided things to do in the evenings. A good all around location. Also, went to Sawgrass Mills, that was only about a 15 minute drive. Took a water taxi from the riverfront- about a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn Las Olas would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our nice rooms, good breakfast, and friendly staff. We cant wait to have you back at the Hampton Inn Las Olas and to hear about all the new experiences you have in Las Olas!