“Pleasantly Pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ny, NY
“Pleasantly Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

I travel often and normally do not write reviews: However, with the downturn of the economy we (my company and I) have chosen limited service hotels rather then full service for obvious reasons. I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past “stuck in a sense." This past time it was different, my dry cleaning was delivered to my room prior to my arrival or me having to call three times and in the end go down stairs and get it myself, my room keys were ready for me upon my arrival and the staff had a renewed sense of expecting my needs as if I was a VIP. Kudos to the new owner!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a lot (maybe 6-8 times?) I love it and continue to return. For those of you who are familiar with Hampton, it is what you would expect. Lobby is fine, the staff is generally nice, the exercise room and business center are as they usually are at Hamptons… good, nothing too fancy but good enough to fit your needs. I don’t typically eat breakfast bit from what I saw it looked good.

I can’t say the rooms are spectacular as I have stayed at Hamptons that had better beds, cleaner rooms etc not that there is anything wrong with these rooms, they are just older. (I have also stayed at much worse).

With everything I said above, I would rate this hotel a 3 BUT in my opinion the location is fantastic. They don’t charge anything extra for parking which is great for a city center parking. If you want to go out for a couple for drinks the Riverwalk and Los Olas Blvd are a 10 minute walk or quicker cab ride. For these reasons and the overall price (I usually get it for $89-$118) I have to rate it a 4….

I ALWAYS pick this hotel when by myself on business for 1 or 2 nights… On vacation with family you may want to look at other options.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Long Beach California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

If you are looking for a hotel where you will get treated like Family this is the one for you . All the staff from the manager to the desk clerk and the ladies serving the full breakfast and I do mean Full there were many choices. and you can even sit outside and eat . I was alone and I was worried about security but not there. I Liked the fact that you needed your room key to get in to the elevator so people could not just get in on any floor that were not staying at the hotel that made me feel safe . I liked that they had a business center that was available 24 hour also not like other hotels that charge you by the hour to use there computer and a $1.00 to print a boarding pass .location was great for me i walked every where and also took the water taxi which was a great value . the room was perfect and not like other hotels that have just draws they had a closet as well . i liked the room set up and the tv and the tray on the bed nice touch the bathroom was spacious and very clean with all the little extras you needed,lastly the value was the best if you book and pay in advance you get a great rate . I can only say one thing bad about this hotel and that is they don't leave an envelope in the room for you to tip the cleaning staff. I will be going back as soon as I can and I have recommend this hotel to all my friends. ps it was quiet so you actually rest.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

We enjoyed three days with 12 family and friends. This was a family reunion which was to board a cruise ship after the third day at hotel. All the hotel staff was kind and helpful. Very friendly and ready to assist your every need. I must mention that on the third day we left to board cruise ship in Miami when my wife realized she left a garment bag at hotel. Unfortunately, we were on our way to Jamaica. I talked with hotel staff who coordinated storing our items and then getting them to us when we returned. I must say if you ever want a nice stay with friendly staff, stay here. Just ask for JP, hes's great!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yojay321
Quebec
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

They charged me the full amount without warning me by email or by phone even if I didn't go. They din't send any confirmation by email and charged you anyay. They are crook.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Lufoque
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

service is excellent, smoking rooms very clean and confortable, very good location near nightlife area, I liked best the security and privacy of the hotel

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lqa
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn City Center from May 23rd through the 26th and enjoyed every minute of my time in the hotel.

First, the front desk was friendly and helpful during check-in providing valuable information on restaurants and attractions in the area. It was nice to be welcomed with smiling faces after driving down from Atlanta.

The location of the hotel is in the downtown area directly across from City Hall. The immediate neighborhood is dead on weekends but just a few blocks away are the restaurants, shops and nightlife of Las Olas and the Riverwalk. So a car or taking a taxi is required to see the sights. I liked the idea that the hotel was not in the center of the attractions and made the stay very quiet and relaxing. If you will be visiting the beaches the drive is a short one and you can be there in ten to fifteen minutes.

The hotel is modern and extremely clean. It is eleven stories and I stayed on the sixth floor. I heard no noise from other guests the entire stay. The cleaning staff did an excellent job every day in cleaning the bathroom and the sleeping area. My room had a flat screen television, microwave, safe, refrigerator, and desk and the bed was very comfortable.

It is worth pointing out that the parking garage is free for guests and that is a major plus. Also the parking garage is gated and can only be accessed by using your electronic room key. The room key also is needed to use the elevator and at times when I was carrying things I considered it a minor nuisance to have to set items down to swipe the key to travel to my floor. Still the security is nice to have.

Every morning there is free breakfast served on the second floor until 10AM. The offerings are nice from fruits, yogurt, muffins, bagels, cereal, biscuits, eggs, sausage and other items. If you miss breakfast there is a coffee station in the lobby that has free coffee 24 hours a day and there is a convenience store located there as well.

In the lobby there is a business center that has three computers and you are able to print from them if needed. The hotel also offers free wi-fi which I did not use and just used the business center for looking up information and other communication needs.

The hotel also offers a fitness center and gym but I did not use either of them.

For the price and the offerings that this hotel has it would be difficult to stay anywhere else in Fort Lauderdale if you want to be centrally located and slightly removed from the action for peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple