“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The room was spacious and very clean! The font desk staff were very helpful and professional. When we visit Ft. Lauderdale, I'll stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 26 September 2010
Thank-You for taking the time to write us about your fantastic stay !! The Hampton Inn City Center is focused on the guest , their needs and to make your business trip or vacation a memorable one! Looking forward to seeing you in the near future on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This was my first ever stay at a Hampton Inn. I am a business frequent flyer who travels outside the U.S. 2 to 3 weeks a month, frequently staying at any Hilton brand hotel chain. First, I was very impressed with the staff, they were all professional, welcoming and courteous and I felt it was genuine. The hotel is centrally located within Ft. Lauderdale, minutes from the beach, the financial center, as well as, Las Olas Blvd where you will find numerous bars, shops and restaurants. My room was clean, very comfortable and have all the amenities a business traveller can ask for. Since my last stay in Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale, I have stayed at a couple other Hampton Inns in Orlando. I will definitely continue to select this chain, whenever possible. I only wish, Hampton Inn was an option outside the U.S. This hotel and chain is highly recommendable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Sold on Hampton Inn ... Me too !! Hampton Inn is a great brand with tons of amenities too offer!! At the Hampton Inn City Center we are not your typical Hampton Inn - with 11 stories of well appointed rooms, breakfast that overlooks our pool and Jacuzzi and a staff that is focused on ensuring that every guest is taken care every time ... At the Hampton Inn City Center we love having you here!! Thank-You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback - Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Decent location, friendly staff and clean rooms. Very quiet and east to locate.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
HamptonGM-250, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 10 June 2010
Thank-You for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your mention of a friendly and accommodating staff. The staff takes pride in their work and enjoys the interaction with guest's ensuring they are pampered and every need met! Look forward to seeing you upon your next trip to Ft. Lauderdale!!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Went in April, rooms were very clean, bed was great, walking distance to everything good downtown, and i didnt hear any noise sleeping

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
HamptonGM-250, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 21 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding contribution. Thank you for mentioning the hotel staff and superb attention. Warm Regards, Kelley Malone
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 April 2010

This is my second time at this hotel and I will not stay here again. I travel often for business and look for a clean, safe, reasonably priced hotel. This place is located several blocks from the main business district in a very rough neighborhood. DO NOT walk unless it is in a group and you don't mind being bumped and panhandled on the sidewalk. The homeless sleep in a park two blocks away. My second night at the hotel, I came back to my room and the door was open. The room across the hall also was open when the couple came in after dinner. Apparently, the maid forgot to shut the rooms after cleaning them. The next day, I came back in the middle of the day to change clothes. When I went into the room, I just threw the safety lock on, but didn't lock the dead bolt. While changing, someone tried to get into the room with a key! I immediately called the front desk. They investigated and apologized the maintenance man didn't know anyone was in the room. There was no knock or identification - he just tried to get in! Thank god I had the lock on!! The next morning, my friend said she had gotten someone else's bill slipped under her door! A next-day package from my office was lost by the front desk and I finally got it three days later - too late for my meetings! My trash was emptied about half the time. This is just too much for me. I won't stay here again.

5 Thank Mirth60
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff service and the welcoming lobby. We are embarrassed by the service which you encountered through out the property and have utilized your feedback to improve our property. We would love to have you back to regain your trust in our brand. Warm Regards,...
London, England
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We arrived here for a second week in Fort Lauderdale, having previously stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We expected this hotel to be of a lower standard than the Hilton, but we didn't imagine it would be this bad. First impressions of the hotel weren't too bad. The check-in staff were friendly, and the lobby looked ok. However, when exiting the lift, everything looked very shabby. The carpets are very outdated, and the ice machine outside our hotel room was incredibly noisy. When we opened the door to our room, we were hit by a horrible musty smell. The air conditioning was on full, but we couldn't tell if this was making the smell better or worse. We desperately wanted to open a window for some fresh air, but the window was non-opening. The room was very outdated and in need of modernisation. The duvets on the beds were really lumpy, the wood below the refrigerator had big chunks missing, and there was a hole in the wall behind the bathroom door, made by the hooks on the back of the door. The bathroom in general needed modernising.

On the first day we took a walk to the nearest 7-11. We walked along the street that the hotel entrance is on, and found many of the properties to be empty, boarded up and/or derelict. Also there are lots of homeless people in the local area. We would not feel comfortable walking around this area after dark. If you are looking for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, and are not restricted to the downtown area, I would recommend staying near the beach instead.

6 Thank BinaryMoon
I wanted to Thank-You for your review on trip advisor... I understand the sensitivity to odors. I would like to advise that since your review we have made the hotel 100% non-smoking and have deep cleaned each and every room. Making it an enjoyable experience for all guest's.
Thank-You for your positive comments about our friendly staff and impressive lobby. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ft. Lauderdale!!
Colorado
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I love staying at Hampton Inns, because they are always the same... I know exactly what to expect. This particular one was just as great with a little bit of extra class added to the mix. This hotel is very secure including the parking structure. The parking structure is very narrow... If you are renting a car, get a small one. What is nice, is that the parking structure is attached to the hotel, you can park on the 3rd level & walk directly to your room on the 3rd floor or grab the hotel elevator & go up from there. Great pet friendly restaurants not too far away & the hotel staff referred us to them. They were great for our business dinner & had a lot of outside dining. We noticed the some of the patrons were able to have their pets at their side while they ate. The only constructive comment for this hotel: I thought I had left some items in the hotel, when I spoke to the housekeeping manager she said (without checking or getting my room number) that they had probably thrown them away, I would be aware of this or at least ask about it, if you are known for leaving items behind.