“A dream come true”

Calypso Villas by the Beach
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Calypso Villas by the Beach
Toronto, Canada
“A dream come true”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful vacation! We had a marvelous time...
The vacation was absolutely superb. The guest houses more than exceeded our expectations.
We were very; very pleased with all of the arrangements, five minutes’ walk across the ocean we loved Fort Lauderdale. Not only would we use your services again, but we highly recommend Calypso Villas by the Beach.
Patrice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2018patrice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have been going to Calypso by the Beach for last 9 years. It is always a pleasure and the owner is always happy to see return. She is very nice and always there if we need anything. Very polite and always smiling…. We would never think of going elwhere, we are too happy there!!
Sandra thank you for the beautiful vacation.
Many more to come

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dubaï's Doberma... M
Sandra S, Owner at Calypso Villas by the Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is always nice to see you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Calypso is a great place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. The rooms clean and well decorated. The owner is very friendly and cares for her customers. She loves to spent some time with her renters to make sure everyone is happy... It is a quiet and peaceful place. The beach is 2 mionutes away. I recommand Calypso By The beach to everybody , This is one of the best place in Fort Lauderdale

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Attilio C
Thank you very much for your input. Hope to see you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sandra ,the owner of Calypso By The Beach is a wonderful woman. She is very nice always ready to help you. You feel like your are on vacations with family. She will make sure that you are confortable and will help you to find the best restaurants and the best place to hang out with nice people I recommand this place to everybody.I spent 3 months at Calypso By The Beach and I will never forget it. Wonderful!. Laurence Noyes

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean and quiet. The area is close from the beach. 2 minutes walks :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank fea l
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

ok , we stayed at the annex for almost a month, and i have two comments one for the place and one for the owner
As for the owner “Sandra”
1- Grumpy most of the time
2- money conscious person ( Sandra i know u are running a business but you should show some courtesy and trust,, plus we are the ones who made the first step and paid you online where we didn't know u )
3- and yes we made an unintentional mistake by putting the garbage in a the wrong color box and it stayed there for some time,, but this only gives you the right the guide your GUEST in an appropriate manner to do the right thing and NOT to knock the door vigorously and like crazy very early (8:00 AM)in the morning and start yelling and shouting about this issue and throwing orders on what to do ,, and telling us that you will come back and check it in a threatening manner !! , shame on you sandra SHAME ON YOU, and by the way , i have voice too and its loud and i could have used it but simply i was raised better
4- And while you were shouting you talked about our number inside the apartment , yes we agreed on three and i came for sometime to visit my wife , is that illegal ??!! ,, is it illegal Sandra to have a guest for some time ?? ,, if it was illegal , why didn't you tell us ??!! And if it’s not illegal why did you bring it up ?!!
Comments on the house (the annex)
1- the place is ok in terms of space
2- the pool is clean
3- nice large LCD
4- nice kitchen (well equipped)
5- AC is not so modern and central and located inconveniently inside a small room in the house, with a lot of noise and not so efficient ( plus u can’t control the air flow direction at all , u literally have to stand on the bed and reach for the vent and try to manipulate the fins
6- indirect light everywhere which i am not used to it but that’s fine for other people with no indirect light problems

The place is not owned by sandra its owned i guess ,,but unfortunately sandra is the interface

Would defiantly go to Miami again but not to that place because of Sandra

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ahmedmabrouk1980
Sandra S, Owner at Calypso Villas by the Beach, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Ahmedmabrouk1980,

It is very unfortunate that you feel this way about your stay at The Annex. When you first contacted me, I did not have availability for you at Calypso Villas by the Beach therefore I arranged for you to stay at a friend’s property (the Annex).

Upon your arrival, I welcomed you with as much warmth and kindness as I offer all my guests. Concerning the payment, we agreed on a price during our online conversations, and then you wanted to try and break this agreement by asking for a lower price.

My guests, and guests at The Annex, are of course allowed to have visitors. But coming to our country to deliver a baby and not informing your host about the pregnancy and delivery is not the same as having a guest. You had reserved for three adults, and a week later, you were four adults and a baby, in a one bedroom apartment. But still, we welcomed you and your growing family at The Annex. I even congratulated you on the new bundle of joy.

In regards to the garbage, “wrong can” was not the issue… It was the dirty diapers not bagged, thrown directly in the can. I do not need to go into the details, but the guests next to your apartment called me to complain about the odor. They insisted that I come by and do something immediately. When I spoke with your husband, he was very understanding and assured me that he would take care of it.

Regarding the AC, be assured I will pass on your comments to the Annex’s owner.
I am disappointed to read this negative review. When you left, we said goodbye and everything was fine. I called you a cab, complimented you on your new baby, wished you a nice and safe trip… therefore I don’t understand the reason for this bad review.

As the owner of a lodging establishment, my goal is to make sure all my guests’ visits are comfortable, unique and memorable. It is with passion that I have been running my place for more than 20 years. I know that I can’t please every single person, but I think that in your case, I just didn’t offer the right establishment to meet your needs.

Best regards,

Sandra St-Cyr
Owner, Calypso by the Beach
Kettering
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Have been staying here for about 12 yrs. The place is in a residential area just 1/2 block from the beach. Very clean and quiet, safe area. has everything thing you could possibly need. pool is great but sometimes a little cold in winter for a heated pool. nice décor, and beautifully landscaped. the owner is very nice and keeps everything up to date. I would recommend this place to all young old or in-between.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Toronto
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Calypso is a stunning oasis...you might miss...if you weren't looking for it. Nestled in a residential area...in the relatively safe, less hectic part of Ft. Lauderdale...it has everything you need. Nice rooms with kitchens. BBQ grills. Beautiful flowers and plants. A great, much needed swimming pool for those sweltering Florida days. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach...or 5 minutes the other way to take in the intracoastal from a restaurant on the water. And it's small. You'll get to know people if you're the least bit friendly.

Some great places for food nearby, Thasos (expensive Greek). Greek Islands Taverna...(less expensive). Nick's for Italian food, with a balcony for outdoor eating. Pizza Rustico for a slice or more. Many other options.

Walgreens is about a 10 minute walk. 7-11...open 24 hours for basics...about a 5 minute walk. Publix and Winn-Dixie are just a bit further away, but you would likely need a car or taxi to get your groceries home.

Book early to avoid dissapointment...there are lots of regulars who book for months and weeks at a time.

Been here twice, would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Speak to the owner...there are various sized rooms...from studios to suites.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank He-Bro
Sandra S, Owner at Calypso Villas by the Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Hi Oasis.
Thank you so very much for your great review !
See you again next year.

Kind regards,