“Just like everyone said....”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Albertville, Minnesota, United States
“Just like everyone said....”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Cheapest hotel we could find for just one short over night near airport...hotel was fine , I have no complaints about a place im just going to rest my head for 6 hrs as long as bed clean. What I will complain about is the shuttle service they supposedly offer..we waited over hr for their shuttle, we call three times an they just said "be patient" (mind you it is 8pm no traffic, and they are10-15 min from airport) we finaly not knowing when they would come being that "just be patient" isnt much for time frame..we hoped in cab that charged us $27.00 to get there. There went most of the deal I thought I was getting by staying here...but to top that we had a 5:40 am flight out an just so happen their shuttle doesnt start till 6am...so another $27.00!!! I could have stayed a lot closer to airport and nicer for $180.00 ! My point here is dont depend on a ride, an if your intentions are to stay here to come and go from airport think twice! Probably spend the same an feel more confident if just spend more money on your stay at like la quinta or holiday inn(which we seen tons of shuttles for)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London, On
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. However the free Wi-Fi did not work in the room. The Free shuttle service to the port was good and often. The restaurant in the hotel had roaches. I didn't see any in the room. The window faced the main hallway so I had to keep the curtains closed. The hotel layout is a bit of a maze. From the 3rd storey balcony the pool looked inviting. I asked a few different staff members if there was somewhere close I could shop for a items I wanted to take on my trip and I was told there was nothing close by except the gift shop in the hotel next door. When I went next door they offered me shuttle service for $5 to and from the shopping plaza less than 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the window is not facing a hallway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 9 December 2013

PROS: Clean hotel, cheap ($99 via Hotsire)
CONS: Sterile room, disinfecting smell,very uninviting, NO FRILLS

I booked this hotel via HOTWIRE so it was prepaid. I arrived at my room, opened the door and knew why this hotel was one of the few not booked-up from the weekend cruise crowd.

The room had no carpet, just a white tile floor and white walls. Looked like a hospital room in an old movie. The queen sized bed was plopped in the middle of the room with the tiniest amount of other furniture. Turned on the TV and the sound echoed.

I called another hotel in the area and was lucky that they had a cancellation. Walked out and chalked this up to a bad experience. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Room Tip: If you want NO FRILLS - go for it. If you want a relaxing room - you can do a lot better,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
RedCarpet2008, Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We have furnished our rooms with guest comfort in mind. Our rooms are meant to be clutter free and have porcelain flooring. Carpets were removed so that our flooring could be really clean. Think ... how clean can carpets be? We have modern brand new furnishings in our rooms as you can see from our website. The beds are positioned for optimal TV viewing. Again we are disappointed that you were not impressed.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

2 years ago I endured a 20 hour stop-over at Fort Lauderdale airport, oh boy was I glad when the check in's opened next morning. This year again on my way to The Bahamas I was determined not to suffer the discomfort again.

Having a smart phone I used the internet to look up local hotels, I didn't want to spend a lot!
I found the Red Carpet Inn. Called them using Skype (UK cell phone, didn't want a $50 phone call).
Their courtesy bus picked me up a short time later and 10 minutes after that I was checking in.
The staff were very good, the room was a very short walk away. I found it very clean and comfortable, the hot water was hot, the television worked, the bed was very comfortable.

There's a restaurant next door and attached to the reception area, clean, friendly. The beer was cold and the good food was served with a smile. I had dinner there and breakfast next morning.

The courtesy bus took me back to the airport in plenty of time for my onward flight.

For what I paid for a one night stay I was more than happy with this Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SydGoring
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you're taking a cruise and want a place to put your head down for a night or two, this is a good place for what you pay; especially since they shuttle you in from the airport; to the ship; back from the ship to the hotel (if you take a night after the cruise as we did); back to the airport. All included in the price of the room.

Cons: main window is on walk-by side so we had to keep curtains closed to keep people from looking in. Air conditioning kick-in sounds like a V2 rocket and is loud as well. Still, not enough to keep a weary traveller from sleeping.

Special mention to Gil at the front desk.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JOHN C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed two nights in this econo-lodging. I was a little apprehensive just from the reviews but I was in town for a party at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and the Chargers vs. Dolphins game in Miami. My plan was to be in the room only to change clothes and [maybe] sleep. I have to say it is exactly what you should expect from a 2 star hotel. For what I expected it was good. It is completely no frills, motel type [outside access], multi - level and nothing to write home about. The rooms are very clean! I liked that the floor was tiled. The "mopped" smell gave me a sense of freedom to put my feet on the floor. There is no iron, no coffee maker or anything frilly. I believe I saw someone "checking out" an iron & ironing board at the front desk tho --- not my issue 'cause I had my travel iron. The bathroom is small, the vanity area is outside the bathroom. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. I had to ask to change my room because they initially put my by the pool generator which was not sleep friendly. The gentleman at the front desk without hesitation moved me to an upper level room without hesitation. I truly appreciated that!

This motel [inn] is the perfect location. Only 10 minutes from the airport, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and no more than 20 minutes from Sun Life Stadium.

Again --- this is not luxury! This is in & out travel. If you want luxury you need to stop being cheap and pay more to stay somewhere else. But if you're okay with the bare minimum then this spot isn't so bad!

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool generator!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank FabFrugalTraveler
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was a little hesitant to make a reservation due to the negative reviews, but I found nothing wrong with this hotel. The ceramic tile flooring was clean and beautiful. The sink was a new undermount sink that I don't even have in my own home. The towels and sheets where perfectly clean. The locks kept the room very secure. The bathtub was a bathtub; not a Roman fountain like some people might expect. This hotel knows their location and their clientele and meets those needs. This is an airport/cruise ship hotel. Guests most likely stay one night before or after their vacation. This is the perfect hotel for that purpose!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo