“Good place to spend small amount of time”

Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #107 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Needed a place to stay for an early flight. If you just need a place to crash and don't want to spend to much this place is fine. Pool is kind of gross, on the bright side we didn't spend a lot of money and nobody got stabbed.

2  Thank Swissvale

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights because my apartment close by had to be closed for termite removal. I chose this location because it was one of the cheaper places in the area. I have to start with the negative first. Fort Lauderdale is a beach city and here you are no where near the beach. It's a good place if you are hear for business because you are very close to I-95 and I-595. There is a restaurant on the property but other than that you have a very far walk or a taxi ride to get to other restaurants or any attractions. This place is a good place for truck drivers, business people and out of town workers. For vacationers, I don't know. The good things are that there is a pool on the property, the rooms were very clean but there was a strong odor of bleach for about an hour until I aired the room out. The staff is very friendly and it is in a safe part of Fort Lauderdale. I hope my review was helpful.

Room Tip: Truckers park towards the back of the property. It may be a little noisy if you get a room towards t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FtLaudyFred
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I stayed over night here, before departing on a cruise. We really didn't know what to expect. As a result we certainly weren't disappointed, but actually were able to relax after a long flight; get a good night's sleep. That's what we were looking for and we got that at an inexpensive rate. The service was good, the room was clean and the restaurant attached to the hotel provided an excellent meal.
The one thing that that left some questions is the fact the hotel is designed in such a way there are a lot of shadows. For my wife and teen-aged daughters this contributed to some anxiety.
We were seeking a comfortable night at an inexpensive rate. That is what we got.

1  Thank Warner B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

It seems there is probably only one reason to stay here – convenience to the airport. Maybe two reasons – it is relatively cheap. My intent was to only spend one night here and then move off into the Everglades the following morning. I wanted something close to the airport as I would be arriving around dusk and easy access to alligator alley (I-75).

The check in was quick and easy although I wouldn't say the people on the desk were very friendly and they definitely were demonstrating little patience for people who struggled speaking English. I had a room on the first floor which made carrying luggage from the car into the room very easy. The room was clean (very clean based on the overwhelming smell of chlorine bleach) and spartan; the bathroom was small but functional. The water pressure was very good and I had no issues with hot water, however I wasn't too impressed with the black silt which washed up the tub when I turned the shower on.

Internet is advertised as available through out the building; I found the signal very slow and struggled getting on to it through my phone as well as my iPad. The air conditioning units could use replacing – the fan was so loud that I super cooled the room then turned it off before sleeping. Ear plugs could be a benefit; the walls are very thin and conversations and TV's can be heard from other rooms. There is also a restaurant on site however I did not check it out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sandman-rogue
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room was not as bad as I thought it would be.. from reading other reviews. Great price, free shuttle to and from airport. The driver was nice and helpful. Front desk staff a little on the rude side, but not much. Location was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! No where near the beach. We took the bus to the beach which was great, just be sure you ask ahead of time and plan the routes. The room was tiny, which is fine for an overnight stay. No carpet which I liked because I'm afraid of bed bugs. Which I checked for as soon as I got to the room... CLEAN!!! Not one bug of any in sight. The air worked fine and so did the shower. Overall we had a great time. No it's not the Marriott but it serves it's purpose if you're looking for somewhere to rest for a quick trip.

1  Thank wifeofrock
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Lies over the phone about shuttle service stating it ran til 12... It's barely efficient for a night stay before airport

Not very accommodating

The front desk seems used to yelling at patrons, as we were at front desk and worker was yelling at guest.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Shannon F
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I think too many people expect places to spoil them or treat them like royalty. Luckily I'm not one of those people and understand this is just a place to sleep.

I stayed here almost a week and had no issues. I didn't see a single bug and even if I were to see one it wouldn't be a surprise. It is south Florida and everyplace in the world everywhere has bugs. People see one bug and automatically think infestation! Again there were no bug problems in the room I stayed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with any issues or questions we had. They keep the grounds very clean. Staff is constantly sweeping cigarette butts or spraying sidewalks. The rooms are also kept comfortably. This place does show it's age as far as overall condition of the building.

Didn't need the laundry room and the wifi was spotty. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not so much. The rooms did have led flatscreens and for a cheap motel that was a surprise. The diner was also a plus.

There were some noise issues mostly the thin walls. You could hear others talking but it didn't bother me once the tv and air conditioning are on. They drown out the noises quite well.

Again I stayed here almost a week and had no issues. This isn't the greatest place in the world but not as bad as some have made it out to be.

It isn't the kind of place you stay at if you spend your whole vacation or weekend in your room. If you are just going to sleep there it is more than adequate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple