“disgusting”

Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #105 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 January 2011

this hotel is not even tolerable for a one night stay, the sheets were changed but the rest of the rooom was filthy dirty, tub was black from dirty feet, pullman had dried toiletries with hair stuck to it, there were big 3" long cockroaches, this place was disgustinglyt filthy don't stay here

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2011

When I choose a motel, I make sure it has Internet in the rooms, because it is crucial to my job to be able to log on and use my computer. The most frustrating thing about my stay here was that the Internet appeared to be almost working but something was wrong with the connection, and the staff said they "didn't have access to the equipment" to fix it. All they needed to do was reboot it, this should be easy. My remote control on the TV did not work either. Staff was quite rude from check-in to check-out.
Free airport shuttle is a good convenience, although it doesn't run often so be ready to wait for everyone else to be picked up and dropped off.
My room was pretty gross. No carpet, and the bathroom floor was truly dirty. Not enough wastebaskets, no amenities whatsoever, no way to get hot water ANYWHERE (even in the lobby) or microwave to use anywhere. Outside my room, a beautiful, very pregnant, loudly friendly tabby cat followed me around and meowed plaintively to come into my room. The shuttle driver told me she is one of five cats the manager keeps around. She's definitely not a stray, but isn't it a bit strange to have cats wheedling their way into guest rooms? Maybe they got rid of the carpets in order to avoid them being soaked by cat pee when guests allow the cats to sleep over?
It wasn't a total disaster, but definitely not worth the money, with all the problems I had.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank flyermontana
Reviewed 22 December 2010

This hotel should really review their customer service. The Rooms are run down, the bathroom leaks everywhere and it smells like old nasty smoke and day old food. Yes, I hated my stay here. It was a last minute decision to stay and I regret having done so. The manager kicked me and my family off of a shuttle bus after he insisted that we wait and not take a taxi to the harbor. This was done to accommodate individuals who arrived at the shuttle after the designated time and after all the other individuals who were also kicked off of the shuttle. TERRIBLE! I will never stay here again sleeping on the street is the equivalent, so I would rather take that.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2010

The room smelled nasty, the blankets had obvious signs of recent sexual activity complete with some blood spots. The towels were actually dirty, furniture was dirty, old and in need of a trash can. The walls, floors and bathroom were all beyond filthy. The Middle hinge on the door was missing. This place should be condemned! I demanded our money back and got it! I will now call the corporate office, BBB and maybe the Health Department too!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!! The is the worst hotel ever!! I only chose this because I was on a trip and needed a hotel the was near the airport. The hotel needs to be torn down!

The bathroom needs to be torn down. The is mildew around the shower. I had to buy my own bleach; it came in handy. The toilet had no seat cover!! You can see where it was cut off!! The air vent was very dusty. The face bowl is outside the the batheroom; next to the closet!! The face bowl also had mildew and does not have a stopper. It also appears to be clogged.

The sleeping arear appears to be clean. I did not noticed any dirty sheets or pillows. There was also lamenated flooring; the only good thing about this place. The AC unit needs replaced. It was dusty.

Only because the lowest rating is 1 star, that's what I rate it. Wish there was a 0 rating!!

Final warning: DO NOT STAY HERE!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! If you love yourself DO NOT STAY HERE!! If you believe in spending money wisely DO NOT STAY HERE.

The is a hotel next door and Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port 60 seconds aways.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Ranny342
Reviewed 13 October 2010

my exeprience is based on a one night stay.

The good:
Good service
Free wireless internet
Helpful staff
Restaurant and bar downstairs
Close to the airport

The bad:
A couple of roaches in the room :s
Shower water wasn't warm enough
Got confused with the layout so kept getting lost - but that could just be me ;)
Bed sheets looked a little dirty

Overall:
Good for a one night stay, I would prob stay there again if I needed to do an all-nighter.
Definitely not the place I would choose to stay long term.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Upon arrival, Bathroom Sink was clogged, shower curtain torn, and toliet was completely non-secured to the floor. Reported issues to front desk and requested to be moved from room or given a refund to go to a different hotel. I was told neither was allowed. Front desk stated that they would correct issues in the morning.

Sink was unclogged in the morning and torn curtain was repalced by a yellow curtain that at one time in its life might have been white as it was just random yellow spots with Moldy smell. There were GIANT roaches running about on a nightly basis. I mean big marron roaches with a Gold head, Upon reporting roaches to front desk, I was told not to say that outloud (as there were arriving guest)

Internet service was basically non-existent,low when available or when replaced by another unsecured signal (orthoguest) had to constantly reset/renew computer IP. Long story short unable to get anywork done from room or answer correspondence. I inquired about the wireless signal to staff who told me that issue with signal is common. After sharing issues housekeeping and waitress they told me that those were continuos issues at the Inn.

I later found out from staff they had been reprimended for sharing that lack of Internet reception and Roach infestation is a commom issue. Well, I didn't mean to put the staff out, it's just that the front desk told me that they had never heard of roaches or a poor internet signal. They did tell me to take my computer and walk around the grounds that signal might be stronger in other areas.

On a Poistive Note Housekeeping staff is very friendly, so If you choose to saty anyway...tip well, it's not their fault.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business