“Good stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropicana Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Tropicana Motel
Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

An old-fashioned motel but with microwave, coffee making facilities a fridge, TV and good WiFi access. Chuck was very welcoming and gave information on where to eat locally. We stayed in room 7 on the first floor and found it to be clean with no evidence of bed bugs as reported by Eileen C, so if there had been a problem it is now been solved. This modest motel is excellent value for the area and we would use it again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Clean, small motel. The manager, Chuck was extremely helpful. He made sure I was comfortable and even laundered my jeans after blue cheese dressing got on them the first day of my vacation. What a guy! Sandy from Austin

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandy T
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great place! We were to arrive really late, I called and let the manager know, he told us where we could find our key. Our flight got delayed over night in Atlanta ( think snowmageddon) the next morning early the manager called to see if we were ok. I explained our flight was cancelled but that we would be arriving around 11am, and would want to sleep for a few hours since we were up all night. When we arrived our room was ready and waiting and the manager even refunded us the cost of the night we didn't arrive! NO hotel would do that, I was beyond surprised and pleasantly pleased!

If you come expecting a 1 Star hotel you will be THRILLED absolutely thrilled with these accommodations! The room we stayed had a new bed, was clean, had a kitchenette, and the air worked great!

There was nothing that disappointed, everything was great! We will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula G
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I expected a decent property. I found an ideal one -- for the price. This is no grand Florida hotel -- nor even a familiar chain. Quite the opposite. It is a small motel in the tradition of the motor court now nearly obsolete. They used to line the primary highways like route 1 and route 20 back before the Interstate system nearly killed them all off. At they're worst they're uninhabitable and awful. But this one is at its best, kept extremely tidy with good cleaning and regular painting. I liked especially the decent sized refrigerator and microwave and the comfortable bed -- and good-conditioned television and relatively quiet (though not silent) air conditioner that provided some white noise that helped me sleep. I was fortunate enough to be in one of the buildings not directly on route 1 -- so my room was very, very quite. I left my two night stay with absolutely no complaints -- and a broad grin at how nice an inexpensive humble property can be when it is kept in top notch condition.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the buildings "across the street" for quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank asha34
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. I have to be honest, when we arrived I was a bit disappointed, the photos look mutch better. Basically you are just right beside a very busy rood. So don't get fooled by the pictures.
BUT!
The room is nice, a very lovely atmosphere. It's clean en cosy. A bit old but that has it charm. The bed and shower are great and everything you need is close by.
Yes you hear traffic but the you do have a very affordable room.
So don't get fooled by the location.

I would for sure stay here again!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ANkiem
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

It's a very small, basic motel on a busy street. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, but the shower's so small that there's no room to turn around. Can't imagine how a bigger person would be able to take a shower there. And there was only one channel available on TV. The Wi-Fi was very slow, but it worked. There was a small refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee-maker in the room, In general, it's a good, simple place to stay for a night or two.

Room Tip: The motel has a few small buildings at the back, behind the main building, those rooms don't get...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Loreta H
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed on a Friday until Sunday to attend the Landmark Forum Advance course.I live in Miami ,but didn't want to have to strut home after 9 hours of steady course hours.The room was exactly my style very classy (Key westy) old Florida. The price was fantastic; staff was very helpful and nice; great pillows and bed, clean, The shower pressure was out of this world great! thick towels, Totally bug free. Microwave and refrigerator, coffee in room. many television channels, ceiling fan plus wall air conditioner kept it very quiet and my room was right to the street on the second floor.free parking.I can go on about how safe an comfortable I was...But your gonna have to discover it for yourself :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo