“A very small resort that's big in everything that matters”

Coral Reef Guesthouse
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The Reef has large, comfortable rooms with all the modern amenities. They surround a pool in a garden setting. There's a jacuzzi too. The place is very quiet--it's in a residential neighborhood. And at night--with silver and blue soft lighting--it is amazing. The Reef is convenient to wonderful restaurants of all prices as well as the Galleria. And both the owner and manager are on site most of the time and determined to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
It is a unique place. I've been here twice before and intend to return.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank walkergilmer

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My partner and I stayed @ The Coral Reef Guesthouse over Memorial Day Weekend. All we have to say is, Oh My God, what a fabulous and exhilarating weekend! From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out, the service we received from RW & Bobby was priceless!
The Pool Party on Sunday was amazing. Very intimate and extremely sexy. We had a blast
partying to the wee hours of the morning. When we woke up, we had breakfast beside the pool,
which looked very appetizing. The Reef was clean and ready for another gorgeous day in the Florida sun.
We highly recommend staying @ The Coral Reef Guesthouse. My partner & I travel the world, and will definitely spread the word on this gem. Thanks again to RW & Bobby for making our stay a memorable one !

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joel H
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I just returned from on of the nicest guest house experience in all my travels.
I found the Coral Reef Inn on google and the description and pictures enourage me to give it a try. The intimate guest house with beautiful pool, jacuzzi and patio area--and 8 rooms that all have been updated were true to the picutres online. The location--just a short cab ride to Wilton Manners was convenient for night-time fun--but what was the most impressive thing about the guest house was how welcomed you felt the minute you arrived. No attitude--just sincere hosts who were generally happy to have you there. Bobby( Manager) and RW (owner) went above an beyond--giving me car rides into town, taking me out on the town at night, and we shared many,many laughs. The guest house seems to attact both couples and single who were all nice and friendly--no attitude. The owner even insisted that he give me a ride to the airport--and made a special accomodation when I realized that I needed to stay an extra night. Wow.
The Coral Reef has moved to the top of my list of places to stay in Fort Lauderdale. Thank you Bobby and RW. (Maine) 5/28/13

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful...and very clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our stay at the Coral Reef Guesthouse was for the nights of 5/25 and 5/26/13. Upon arriving, we were greeted by the manager, Bobby. We was very kind and courteous. We were told, when booking the reservation, that there would be a party open to the public. We aren't party people and planned ahead to be away during the public event. The party was nice but the property was not cleaned up at the close of the event. The property was cleaned up the following morning and it was disappointing to wake up to a party mess at a resort we payed to stay at. The owner, Wayne, was very apologetic and was very accommodating, going out of his way to apologize for the mess. If it wasn't for the owner, Wayne, we would not consider going back to stay at the property. Wayne really made the conclusion of our stay a pleasant one. If you are not into public parties, do not book this resort on a party weekend. If you enjoy parties, then we would certainly recommend the festivities.

Room Tip: A view of the pool is ideal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flisland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just back from a weeks stay at the 'Reef.' Stayed in other places in Fort Lauderdale before which were nice if not a little corporate. The reef is smaller establishment with around 8 rooms centred on a pool and great hot tub. This is where part of the charm lies.. small and itimate... it was truely a relaxing stay and felt like home straight away. Comfortable beds and recently refurbished rooms made the stay very very relaxing and worthwhile.The other particular charm of this place centres around the co workers. The General Manager Bobby takes great care and pride in maintaining the rooms, his daily spruce up of every room made it feel like we had just checked in again... tidying things like your toiletries and so on into nice lined up rows... very OCD and I loved that! He also oversees the maintenance of the grounds and does a great job of this too. Always nice and tidy. The owner RW could not have been any more hospitable, helping us out with advice on the area in where to eat drink and be merry, joining us for drinks in and around the pool and dropping us off in a number of locations... as well as being very entertaining. A really nice guy with a rich and entertaining life which was great to hear about. Together they make a great team and really made this place stand out from the rest. We had kind of written off FL as a repeat destintion having been there a few times before... but our stay has changed our minds on this... We would stay here again over some similar places in FL... In fact we are in July... and looking forward to it!

Room Tip: 106 is the owners suite! its worth paying for this or any other pool side room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eddie B
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I just want to thank the staff of Coral Reef for make our stay a relaxing and enjoyable time. The rooms were beyond our expectations and the guests were kind and fun. The property is impeccable.

Thank you RW and Bobby... see you soon
Miguel and Russ

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Miguel R
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had my first stay at the Coral Reef Guesthouse over this weekend. I, literally, just got him from down there. I cannot say enough fantastic things about them. R.W. & Bobby were fantastic! You couldn't have asked for nicer hosts. The property is phenomenal. Just gorgeous in every way. If you are looking for a specialty place, you will definitely get it here. It has become very special to me & will be going back soon!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo