“Just like home, Only Better!”

Coral Reef Guesthouse
Atlanta, GA
“Just like home, Only Better!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The relaxed attitude of hosts and guests alike makes you feel right at home. Raid the kitchen at 3 am, relax by the pool any time day or night, revel in a truly comfortable bed, with soft CLEAN sheets and bedding with substance. Great water pressure, and HOT water! If you like quiet socialization with your neighbors around the pool, you will love this place. My biggest regret was that I could not stay longer!

The bad things: The Hot Tub was not as hot as I like it. (I understand this is Miami, most people don't want 106F). My bed clunked if I moved around in it, something to do with the frame on the tile floor. I felt a little lost, and without the help from other guests I probably would not have enjoyed my experience as much. The owners would do well to put together a welcome packet for their guests with more info, rules and guides to area and equipment.. See BELOW!

Here are a few gems of info that will help if you decide to stay. Clothing is optional, other guests seem to be quite considerate of other peoples comfort level. The main gate code is on your room key tag. The Wi-Fi code is framed and hanging on a wall somewhere in your room, look around for it :) Pool towels are in a hutch beside the A good grocery store is located about half a mile away, as well as a bar/liquor store.

Room Tip: I had the smallest Queen room, It was great for just one, as I spent most of my relax time elsewhere...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

A small,compact well designed guesthouse with 8 rooms and suites partially surrounding a great sunny(all day) heated pool and hot tub. All on one level with only one or two steps to navigate. The rooms and property are very clean and well maintained. For the sun worshiper and water baby it is near perfect with a friendly.helpful staff. Clothing optional with all welcome the gay community should support this jewel of a guesthouse.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MicahHilgendorf
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It's well worth discovering this hidden gem on your next stay in Fort Lauderdale. Great room rates, spend the extra and upgrade to a poolside room. They are stunningly decorated and the pool and hot tub are delightful. The hosts are really friendly, breakfast is included in the price and the coffee is among the best I've tasted. Free WiFi and free computer with printer available for airline boarding passes. Conveniently situated, minutes to Wilton Manor by car and close enough to walk to the beach, or borrow one of their free bicycles.

Room Tip: Choose a poolside room. They are recently decorated and are amazing. Great view over the pool / hot...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the Coral Reef beginning, on New Years Day, for three nights. After many years with another gay venue we were so pleasantly surprised to find this little gem. It is small but ideal for a relaxing stay in Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed in Room 102 that was recently renovated and a perfect size and great value. Bobby the property manager and just about every other job description you can think of sure made our stay even more memorable. Although this was our first time there, Bobby treated us as if we were long time guests. What a great way to start the new year and we look forward to returning to the Coral Reef on our next visit to Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: There are 8 suites, with 7 facing the pool area. Any of these 7 are great. Bobby gave us a tour of e...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Coral Reef in December 2013 and had a very nice visit. I hadn't been back since the new owner Wayne took over with his new team. The property is in great shape and they have done some fantastic renovations to the rooms. I was very impressed with the new furniture in the rooms as well as what they did for bathroom remodels.

I stayed in the smallest room on property which is very small. The other rooms are much bigger so next time I stay, I'll do that instead.

The staff is great, both Bobby and Wayne very personable, and it's nice to know both live across the street if there is ever a need to have them.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the guests have always been nice people. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: anything but the smallest room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TallTexan75229
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 days and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The genuine quality of hospitality was amazing as well as memories made. I recommend this resort to anyone visiting Ft. Lauderdale over a hotel anyday

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Wilson C
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a random choice made to spend a few days before setting sail on a cruise. Had no idea we would fall in LOVE with it. From start to finish, it was an amazing place. Bobby is the sexy little Tasmanian Devil that runs around taking care of every little detail, but he finds the time to stop and make you feel so special and welcome. He gave us a tour of the guesthouse when we arrived, and let us know he was there 24/7 if we needed anything at all. The man lives across the street and is at your beck & call (we didn't beck OR call, mind you...we didnt HAVE to). This is an intimate little guesthouse that caters to gay men of all shapes and sizes. The pool is perfectly sized for the 8 cottage little area. The guests and staff are cognizant of the small little community and ask all guests to be mindful of it at all hours. I fully intend to visit Ft. Lauderdale again and stay at this Guesthouse. Hands down, the BEST experience I have had.

Room Tip: All rooms surround the pool. We stayed in 108 i believe....the one with two beds....outstanding.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends