“Great place to watch football and play pool”
Review of Dirty Blondes Sports Bar - CLOSED

Dirty Blondes Sports Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Dirty Blondes sports bar has been around a long time on Ft Lauderdale Beach. Located just north of the Elbo Room bar.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Not sure why everyone hates this place, but I had a good experience and the staff was very nice to us. The bouncers did their job and made sure underage or "overly" drunk people didn't bother to try to enter. We did see the police asked to escort someone away, and I would expect no less in a beach town with lots of obnoxious people. No one was mean or beat up anyone. The bartenders were all very friendly, quick to get you a drink, and overall fun. I liked the idea that you could order food from next door and they would deliver it to the bar for you. Not many places allow that, and I felt it was a great feature.
Lots of tv's and lots of people. What more do you want from a sports bar?

There are newer reviews for Dirty Blondes Sports Bar

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We recently went to Ft Lauderdale but before going I did read some of the reviews on this bar. We were not going to go but decided to just check it out and was surprised that it wasn't as bad as we thought! Sure its an older bar but we enjoyed the cold beer and watching the football games and was in the heart of other beach bars as well. Its a older bar but we had fun.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place has been boycotted by hundreds of people after a patron got his head stomped on by one of their bouncers. U have been there many times but won't go back after the last time I was there.e and a friend were talking at the bar by ourselves minding our own business and discussing the cheap booze they serve there. I ordered Bacardi and i got some cheap rum. The bartender overheard our conversation and went nuts on me cursing memoir and calling me an alcoholic, etc. she told me to leave the bar at once. I refused as I had just gotten served my drink and the bouncer came over and told me to leave. I told him that I would call the cops if he touched me. I finished my drink and left happy to never return. The place is the worst bar I have ever been to. Great beach location with pool tables and other games but the help is out of control. Wouldn't be surprised to see the place change hands or close down all together. Don't go there. Plenty of other places to go down there. Go to the Elbo room next door.

1  Thank jorge s
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have not been there for a while but the last time I was there it was the same approach by the so called thug bouncers, just looking for any reason to stomp someones head into the pavement, I am a fifty year old guy that grew up in a night club atmosphere here in Wildwood NJ and I must say I have never witnessed that horrible disgusting bouncing at any club in any state any where,Bouncers should de-fuse a situation maybe with a little show of force, but hiding behind the premise of a bouncer at a club just to act like an uncivilized animal at first chance should make any club one to avoid . my advice is to go some place with a little more class and it wouldnt take much. The food is bad, the staff is bad and the place just fails at all levels.

3  Thank sawzalot
Reviewed 30 July 2013

seriously, just as the title, the place is pretty dirty, plastic seats and bland food and idiot staff, why would you ever want to drink here?

Worse bar I have been in for ages and I have been in some pretty crappy places

12  Thank David B