“Their food is a combination of Italian and Asian (mostly sushi).”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rice and Dough

Rice and Dough
Ranked #283 of 1,324 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Pizza, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
1,302 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,179 helpful votes
“Their food is a combination of Italian and Asian (mostly sushi).”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had lunch here on a recent business trip in Fort Lauderdale. This restaurant is located a block off of Las Olas which is the major street in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. The menu is a unique combination of Italian and Asian (mostly sushi). I ordered from the Italian section. The food was good as well as the service. Most of the tables are inside, but they do have a few tables outside as well. I was here for lunch so didn't indulge in alcoholic beverages, but they seemed to have a decent selection of beers and wine.

• Visited May 2014

• Serbian first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Pizza & Sushi Rolls in Florida”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place is a must when your in Fort Lauderdale. I haven't had pizza this good since New York. Much better than the other top rated Coal Fired pizza restaurants in Florida. The restaurant has 6 parking spots available in the Camden building parking garage so get there early.
Try the Sushi Rolls, they are delicious. The wedge salad is a meal in itself. Wines and quality Saki's are available to accompany your meal. The service is excellent, ask for Zoran who attends to your every request. I would recommend making reservations if you plan on going after 8:00 PM during the week and definitely on the weekend. The restaurant is clean and simply decorated, but you will find that the presentation, taste, and quality of the food will exceed your expectations. Try the French Press coffee, good and strong.

• Visited May 2014
Hollywood, FL
“Sushi So Fresh It Jumps Off the Plate!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When you first walk into Rice and Dough you feel refreshed. The restaurant is open, bright and very clean. I love the red, white and black decor. Not to be missed is Zoran, our most amicable and kind waiter. Friendly and efficient, he makes you feel at home and adds to a great dining experience. You'll want to take him home.

Better ask for a mallet when eating sushi at Rice and Dough. The salmon, whitefish and tuna shashimi were so fresh we could have used it to keep the fish on our plates. Delicate flavors, smooth textures and beautiful colors made this dish very outstanding. It also included a side of seaweed, which in my opinion, was one of the best I have ever eaten. Both my sister and I give the presentation an A+.

Our husbands went with Italian. The lasagna was fresh, tasty and plentiful, and the aromatic Margarita pizza had plenty of ingredients and a wonderful thin crust. Their menu is fairly extensive and there was certainly enough choices to satisfy everyone at the table.

Rice and Dough now rates on my top 5 list of favorite restaurants. You will be surprised at how much quality you can get for such a reasonable price. Just go there and see for yourself.

• Visited April 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“A Very "Rice" Place To "Dough" Dinner”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are ever in downtown Fort Lauderdale, you must try Rice and Dough, a unique restaurant specializing in Japanese and Italian food. My sister and I and our husbands decided to eat dinner here the other night. WOW!! This delightful place where the food was so appetizingly presented literally "knocked our socks off." The sushi and pizza were fresh and delicious and the wait staff was both efficient and personable. We loved Zoran, our attentive waiter, who was also the owner's brother. He warmly welcomed us and was extremely entertaining, providing humorous anecdotes whenever he came over to our table. The ambience, with its simplistic modern style, made our dining experience even more enjoyable. As for the prices, they were surprisingly affordable. I had a Groupon, so the cost of our dinner turned out to be a really good deal.

We all left the restaurant quite pleased and will definitely return in the near future. I totally recommend Rice and Dough to anyone who wants excellent food. Ask for Zoran. Don't worry. He won't charge a cover charge for entertaining you.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale
“It's all about the Balls!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It started with a bottle of Flacco and it was on from there!

They were hosting a party that night, but luckily, they were able to find a table in the back; privacy was a definite plus in that.

I was intrigue by the restaurant because of the Japanese and Italian concept and I was curious to see how that would work. I made it work by ordering a roll as an appetizer. Can't remember what it was which means it wasn't that memorable, but it was good enough.

For my main, I switched to Italian and had the Lasagna which was quite good and might I add homemade. The layers merged together in a pleasant way.

However, the star of the night were the Kobe Meatballs which were truly delicious and super moist.

In the end, I am not sure how well the Japanese and Italian concept works, but it did get me in the door and although I wouldn't recommend the Japanese and I wouldn't come here looking for an authentic Italian experience; it is a chill spot for some food, wine and friends.

• Visited March 2014