“Overpriced - ck out competitors & negotiate!”
Review of Zainojet - CLOSED

Zainojet
More attraction details
Owner description: Be the first of your friends to ride on the Jetlev R200, a water jetpack. Zainojet will give you the chance to fly up to 30 feet in the air, perform tricks or become a human submarine. Their trained and certified staff will be there the entire way to guide you during your flight. Enjoy a 2 hour excursion, including a scenic boat ride over the waters of Fort Lauderdale and 30 minutes of flying.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We took a ride three weeks ago and it was fun and the crew was very helpful. My post is about dealing with the manager (michael) who you will probably talk with over the phone if you schedule with this company. He is a wheeler-dealer (to put it nicely). He had a Groupon going on at the time for $150 and he told me over the phone that it was no good and that Groupon screwed up on the deal – yet it was still being offered on Groupon. I assume that he was offering it on Groupon because one of his competitors was offering Jet Pack rides for $100. We were rushed for time, so I went ahead and paid $200 per person. He will tell you the rides are worth $300 and that $200 is a great deal, of course. If I were to do it again, I would use the web to get the list of current vendors in the area, and check Groupon – and negotiate $100 to $150 max – esp. during the slow times of year like summers in Miami. On board – we were offered video filming of our rides for $20 each. I said I would pay for my girlfriends, but did not want the service from myself. They were nice enough to film me anyway and put it on the same jump drive and said they would just charge $20. Sure enough, I get a bill for $42 on top of the $400 on top of the $40 I gave out in tips. I have contacted Michael a couple times – and he acts like it will be a Federal case to generate a refund - even after 2 phone calls and 2 broken promises from him. Still waiting for the refund, and will contact my credit card company now to dispute the charge. $20 out of $460 is not a big deal – it’s the principle. We are all very busy and the last thing many of us want to do is monitor our credit card bills, call about overcharges, then go back to the credit card statement, then call again….I guess that is exactly what he is counting on. He has now motivated me to contact Groupon about his ‘story’ to see what they think.

4  Thank Greg W

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Gave this a go on a friday afternoon during a short business trip to the area. Went out with three others who were flying and their friends/family. We launched from a powered barge that had nice seats and drinks on board.
Training and staff were excellent. Had a half hour flying and the guys were very fair in ensuring learners got half hour "flying", not sitting in the water.

Had a great time. Quite challenging to fly well but i highly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Although it might seem a bit pricey, it is worth every cent - you actually fly!

It is easy to learn and after a couple of minutes you are on your own. It is that simple.

Bill is the captain putting the show together.

Dennis the instructor is a star - gives you all the information on how to use the jet in a very accessible way and guides you very closely during the whole experience.

Kelly is a sweetheart and so attentive giving all the safety instructions and making you feel sure everything will be fine.

When you start the engine, you just know it is going to be pure fun!

Thank you guys for a great fly!

Jorge and Pati

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This experience was everything I hoped it would be plus more. Michael, the guy who booked my adventure was super friendly and helpful. The three person boat crew that led the adventure were easy going, fun to be with, very professional and made me feel very prepared and safe for my jet pack adventure. We took a short, 15 minute or so, boat ride to our flying location while they trained me on everything I needed to know. Soon afterwards, I jumped into the water with Charles, my in-water safety guy/vidographer and with in-helmet audio guidance from my on-boat guide, I flew for approximately 20-30 minutes. It was challenging to learn to control the jet pack at first but within 5-10 minutes I felt significantly better and was reaching heights of 25 feet above the water comfortably. By the end, I was pretty tired and ready to stop but I can't wait to do it again. I should mention that for your first flight(s), the crew controls your throttle (how high you go). That is a good thing because you'll need all your focus on learning control first. However, they said that I can control my own throttle on future visits now that I've learned basic stability and control in the air. That will be a good challenge for me next time.

I'm so glad that I bought the optional video recording of the adventure. Charles did a terrific job of capturing my flight in HD video which they gave to me on an SD memory card immediately at the conclusion of the trip. The footage is in terrific HD quality and is just priceless to me.

I give these guys an A+ and I absolutely plan on returning to improve my flying skills! Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Well, I found a deal on Groupon for this. We paid $150 to do this. I don't know if I would pay much more than that. Maybe try one of their $200 Tuesdays. I think they have those. I remember them mentioning it to me.
It was a bit frustrating to work at first. Do not expect to get up right away. Once you get up, you start to get the hang of it though. I went up to about 15 feet. Loved doing the spinning turns.
I loved our guide. He defiantly made the experience worth it! He even let me stay out longer because he wanted me to enjoy myself. They didn't rush through the excursion like so many do. He was quite entertaining as well. The older captain went up too. That was funny to watch!
It is one of the weirdest things I have ever done.