“Fun, but know what you are buying”
Review of Zainojet - CLOSED

Zainojet
More attraction details
Owner description: Be the first of your friends to ride on the Jetlev R200, a water jetpack. Zainojet will give you the chance to fly up to 30 feet in the air, perform tricks or become a human submarine. Their trained and certified staff will be there the entire way to guide you during your flight. Enjoy a 2 hour excursion, including a scenic boat ride over the waters of Fort Lauderdale and 30 minutes of flying.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Once the company got the boat and jets working, this was a lot of fun. The activity took hours longer than expected. Some of the group had trouble getting out of the water. There seem to be different types of packs. The one that we used were not as powerful, but safer. Even if you get out out of the water, it is difficult to maneuver.

1  Thank Gabriel J

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is a review for the Zainojet operation in Miami (could not find a tripadvisor page for them, but they are the same company.) I did a groupon for the 30 minute flight and on a trip to Miami, I decided to try out the Jet Pack, I am glad I did!

I called the company to schedule my adventure two days before the experience, they were able to able to accommodate and set up the whole experience within two hours.

I went out with three other flyers and two crew members on a platoon boat that served as a base for the JetLev. The boat had nice seats and they provided bottles of water onboard.

I was talking to the captain about the groupon that he did, he did say that Groupon was not supposed to of run this deal, and they ran it without his permission, but he was very accommodating and honored it without any problems. They did not make me pay full price.

It was challenging to learn how to fly but once you get the hang of how sensitive the controls (don't move them more then a inch in each direction or too fast, etc) it was a enjoyable experience.

To sum up my experience, if they had a second group that day and if they had room, I would of paid the full $200 to fly again. I WILL go back to this company and recommend to my friends that if they want to try flying or walking on water, to try it with the knowledgeable and friendly staff of zainojet.

1  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I loved the experience back in February, and was very excited to receive the DVD of our experience. We are now in July, and despite having paid for it, we never received the DVD. We have sent countless e-mails and even wrote on their facebook page, without a single reply or resolution to our problem. If you do wish to try this amazing experience, please reconsider competition or if you do go for this one, do not buy for the DVD souvenir and film it yourself as you may simply never receive it...

2  Thank JPPare
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We took a ride three weeks ago and it was fun and the crew was very helpful. My post is about dealing with the manager (michael) who you will probably talk with over the phone if you schedule with this company. He is a wheeler-dealer (to put it nicely). He had a Groupon going on at the time for $150 and he told me over the phone that it was no good and that Groupon screwed up on the deal – yet it was still being offered on Groupon. I assume that he was offering it on Groupon because one of his competitors was offering Jet Pack rides for $100. We were rushed for time, so I went ahead and paid $200 per person. He will tell you the rides are worth $300 and that $200 is a great deal, of course. If I were to do it again, I would use the web to get the list of current vendors in the area, and check Groupon – and negotiate $100 to $150 max – esp. during the slow times of year like summers in Miami. On board – we were offered video filming of our rides for $20 each. I said I would pay for my girlfriends, but did not want the service from myself. They were nice enough to film me anyway and put it on the same jump drive and said they would just charge $20. Sure enough, I get a bill for $42 on top of the $400 on top of the $40 I gave out in tips. I have contacted Michael a couple times – and he acts like it will be a Federal case to generate a refund - even after 2 phone calls and 2 broken promises from him. Still waiting for the refund, and will contact my credit card company now to dispute the charge. $20 out of $460 is not a big deal – it’s the principle. We are all very busy and the last thing many of us want to do is monitor our credit card bills, call about overcharges, then go back to the credit card statement, then call again….I guess that is exactly what he is counting on. He has now motivated me to contact Groupon about his ‘story’ to see what they think.

4  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Gave this a go on a friday afternoon during a short business trip to the area. Went out with three others who were flying and their friends/family. We launched from a powered barge that had nice seats and drinks on board.
Training and staff were excellent. Had a half hour flying and the guys were very fair in ensuring learners got half hour "flying", not sitting in the water.

Had a great time. Quite challenging to fly well but i highly recommend it.