“Best fishing experience ever”

Fish Local Knowledge
More attraction details
Owner description: Fort Lauderdale's premier charter fishing boat, the "Local Knowledge" a custom 43 ft Hatteras sport fish boat fully air conditioned and equipped for a great fishing adventure. Half, Three Quarter and All day trips available. Private and shared charters arranged.
“Best fishing experience ever”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

On dec 2, three friends travelled from winnipeg canada to ft lauderdale to fish. Called captain mike and requested specifically that we fish for sailfish hammerheads and bull sharks. The first evening we caught a 88" sailfish and the second day we caught a 9ft hammerhead and a 6.5 ft bull shark. An experience of a lifetime. Great crew great boat. Thanks goes out to Captains Mike, Chaz and Roddy!! We will be back!

San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Sea Captain in FLL”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

20 years experience shows when chartering with this captain......local fish knowledge all important.
Super clean boat and equipment, no down side.....book it!!!!

Visited June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Awesome fishing”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

For my birthday my husband surpirised me with an all day swordfishing trip on the Local Knowledge, and what a day!!!! Not only did I catch only one but 2!! The second one being a 350 pound monster!! I was beyond thrilled with Captain Mike and his crew!! Thank you Local Knowledge for landing me my first billfish and memories that will last a lifetime!! Can't wait to charter this boat again!!

Visited September 2012
Tamarac, Florida
“Always a Great Time!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Have chartered Local Knowledge with Capt. Mike several times because they consistenly provide a great time and we have never come back to the docks skunked!! Not sure where to begin but my first charter with Capt. Mike and the Local Knowledge netted us a daytime Swordfish which I was told was the first one caught during the day on the Ft. Lauderdale docks! My next trip was with family that had traveled from the Northeast and had seen the pictures of our first Swordfish. The first thing they wanted to do was go fishing on the Local Knowledge! Unbelievably Capt. Mike put us another daytime Swordfish and this one was in the 300# range. Needless to say me and my family ate like kings for a while! I would definately recommend chartering the Local Knowledge with Capt. Mike. He is one of the most knowledgeable Captains I have spoken with and takes pride in keeping his boat clean and running as well as providing a first class fishing experience! Looking forward to the next charter!!

Visited May 2013
Mars, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Outing”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My girlfriend and I were on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale and stumbled upon Fish Local Knowledge during our morning walk. We stopped and inquired about the fishing trip and ended up going out right then and there. Capt. Mike and Will even docked at a local convenience store on the way out so that we could stock up on drinks and snacks. As soon as we were thru the waterway, Will had six lines in the water and we were fishing. My girlfriend ended up landing a hammerhead after a memorable fight. Capt Mike and Will worked hard to ensure a great outing and definitely delivered. I have been on several outings in the past but Fish Local Knowledge will not disappoint!

Visited June 2013