“We got what we paid for.”
Review of Bahia Beach Hotel

Bahia Beach Hotel
Ranked #104 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We wanted something close to cruiseport. Cheap yes but with towel holders falling off the wall along with the toilet paper dispenser. Iwould not recommend this hotel even for the rates.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thib825

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Stayed at Bahi Beach. The floors were dirty, the sheets were just as nasty, the sofa seemed to be falling apart, the A/C didn't work well at all, the fridge door fell off. Glad I didn't have anything in there that would ruin. Told the manager (owner) about it and he didn't seem to really care. He was nice enough but did not follow up on any of the issues at hand. Would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilmissc68
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I went down to Ft. Lauderdale so that I could take an exam for employment with Florida state. I arrived on a Wednesday, took the exam on Thrusday and left early Saturday morning. I will let my pictures speak for themselves. The manager (owner?) was very kind & accomodating, the parking was free and conveinent, the hotel (??) was very close to attractions/the beach and to Route 95/A1A.
Housekeeping (?) showed up on Thursday evening at 1830. I was sleeping. She came back later in the evening while I was out. She left a new towel and made my bed. The tile floor was dirty (my bare feet where black on the bottom) and the sheets were not changed - despite the dirt from the floor. Although to be fair, I never informed housekeeping about this.
Someone posted that people are living there & that is the case. The "hotel" offers weekly rentals. I had no problem with this. The few people I ran into were nice enough.
I would not recommend this hotel to a friend - BUT I would recommend it for college age kids on Spring Break - as there is a liquor store maybe 75 yds from the "hotel".

I have more photos if anyone is interested in viewing them.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CaribbeanSouls
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This hotel is not 5 star, but it is in a great location for the price I paid. Because it was summer the rates are very cheap which made our vacation very afordable. It looked like the room was painted, my friends room looked like it was painted as well the same color as mine. It looked like they had sone some upgrades my lights were new in the room and the bedding looked new. The manger told me they were getting ready for the season to start and cleaning and fixing everything up.

The hotel has a nice pool and large patio where my friends and I met up every day. The hotel is right across from the beach and the marina.

I would stay here again for a cheap vacation. Its not a Ritz but for the price and location it's a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I wanted to stay near Fort Lauderdale beach and in that single sense, the Bahia Beach Hotel did the job. In every other way, however, it's a dump. Dirty, uncomfortable, a lousy bed and management that simply does not care what you think. For $120-plus a night, you might as well rent a full-size car and sleep in the back seat. How thoroughly did I detest staying here? I checked out after the first of my two pre-paid nights and slept on my friend's floor -- and felt good about the waste of time and money.

In a word? Sh--hole.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank WannaSeeTheSea
Reviewed 11 January 2009

This is a very, very bad hotel. Actually, it is not a hotel. It is a run down housing project that rents rooms on a nightly basis. It is absolutely filthy and disgusting. There are spiders and cockroaches in the room, dirty sheets, hair on pillowcases, etc. They do not have a housecleaning service or anything like that, so it seems like the guy just makes the bed when people check out. There are many people that live there full time, with little kids running around, there doors are open, playing music. This is legitimately the worst hotel experience I have ever had. We could not sleep because everything was itchy, we left, and went to the days inn at 11pm.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vacaFLA
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I stayed at bahia beach for 7 days. There are some good points about the place. The room is big and clean, had its own bathroom,shower and kitchen..the hotel is very near from the beach, less than 2-3 minutes walk, has a lovely view from the corridors over a marina, and some rooms have even a lovely view(the ones at the corners). The owner is cooperative regarding where to go or do shopping etc..
The negative points were that the building is not a real hotel, no lobby, no reception,no room service..etc..it is just the rooms and a small office that closes at night. There is no phone in the room..the rooms were not cleaned everyday, neither were the sheets changed..but there were clean towels almost everyday. The price was ok, or even very reasonable for the location( 100 dollars) ..so if you are on budget, and need a clean big room near the beach..it will sure do..would I go back? well..if I find some real hotel at a similar price..no I won't go back..but overall my stay was not bad at all

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)