Tranquilo
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$187
  • Beachfront
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
US$339
US$294
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$233
US$187
US$107
US$101
RodewayInn
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$342
US$208
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnorth beach village resorttwo blocksmid centuryfull kitchensmall kitchenbonnet housefive minute walkshort walk to the beachpool towelsflat screenlocation is greatspacious roomgalleria mallacross the streetking bedone bedroom suitelate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Bianca greeted me with a big smile and a warm hello when I checked in, Danielle was busy on the computer, Gina loaned me her umbrella, Amanda offered to change some light bulbs even with her big belly as she is expecting a baby, good luck Amanda, Jeff and Jody picked me up in the shuttle van after a party I attended and Daryl F. showed me some rooms in case I wanted to move from mine cause of some work that had to be done and might disturb me. They didn't start too early so it wasn't a bother and I was out most of the day. I loved my room, it was spacious and clean with a kitchen, dishes, pots, pans, utensils and micro wave oven. The house keeping folks were on top of their job and if you wanted extra coffee, no problem. I met a family that shared their BBQ with me and some really nice folks around the pool. Did I mention that the beach is a couple of blocks away? I highly recommend Tranquilo, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank corky r
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

corky r,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that we made an impression on you, and we're impressed that you remembered the staff names! We can always add extra amenities but that personalized service is what we really want guests to remember, and we really appreciate that you did. Thanks so much. Take care, NBV

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent little hotel in Fort Lauderdale, a very short walk (5 minutes) away from the beach and shops by the beach. Premium accommodations for a fraction of the price (it feels like you're staying at the W). Will definitely stay there again when visiting Fort Lauderdale!

The rooms are modern and nicely decorated, ours included a fridge and small kitchen, 2 flat screen TVs, new A/C that kept the room as cold as one wanted, nice leather couch and other seating, plenty of storage space (closet and drawers, ironing board, iron and hangers provided). Four of us stayed in the room (2 beds) and there was more than enough room for everyone. There are two pools, both with crystal clear water, and ample of beach chairs (under the full sun or in the shade) to lay around, beach towels provided.

The staff were excellent - we needed to call them twice (once our water heater stopped working and another time we couldn't find parking (big event going on at the beach)) and both times everything was taken care of within minutes! (for parking, they moved one of their cars to make room for ours!) (Normally parking wasn't a problem because parking tags are provided to hotel guests).

Before booking I was a little concerned, having read a complaint that the room wasn't cleaned daily - now true! Our room was cleaned daily and impeccably, and clean towels provided on a daily basis!

Tranquilo was really quite a nice discovery, and the name is well deserved. We loved it so much that one day we ditched our friends and instead of going to the beach we stayed at the pool (and had a wonderful time).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Panos A
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Panos A,
Thank you so much for your very kind review. We really appreciate it. Thanks for mentioning the rate. We try very hard to make sure we offer the most competitive rates in the area. Our rates may be low but as you found, our customer service is not! We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again, NBV

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Our group spent three nights at Tranquilo and loved it. We had two rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite nice, deluxe studios with king bed and full kitchen. Very nicely furnished, the bed was excellent. Everything was very clean and well maintained. As we were leaving, the maintenance man was out scrubbing the exterior walkways with soap and water. There are three swimming pools, all well maintained and very clean. We liked the two near the office best. Tranquilo is about two blocks from the beach and a 10-15 minute walk from a variety of nice restaurants and shops. Prices are reasonable given the quality of the facility, location, and the amenities provided. I highly recommend Tranquilo and will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014

John H,
Isn't it nice to know that you can find a clean, stylish and affordable hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach Area? We are always checking competitor rates, and we are proud to offer some of the most affordable rates in the area! We appreciate the recommendation and hope that you are able to visit us again very soon. Take care, NBV

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this boutique hotel the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. Shockingly, we were able to make the reservations that same afternoon - after reviewing the profile on TripAdvisor.

The Tranquilo truly lived up to its name and more. We were upgraded to the King-size bed on the corner of the second floor, for the same price of $158. The accomodations were impecable; the all-white scheme with touches of light green complemented the modern styling of the bed, sofa, and ottoman. The outside of the building was decorated with the same color motif, with an oversized chess set by the pool and piped-in classical music. We were even extended the courtesy of checking out at noon.
That night, we dined at the Plaza Bistro - an outdoor space with waiters serving fusion cuisine from a food truck. Breakfast was enjoyed at a bakery with Starbucks coffee at the Hilton on A1A. Both places were within walking distance of the hotel.
Overall, the Tranquilo offered us a fantastic experience. We will definitely return soon!

• Stayed: May 2014

GuzmanServices,
It's always nice to hear from a Floridian! We're so please that this boutique hotel lived up to its name and that you found the TripAdvisor reviews helpful and true. North Beach Village is more than just a hotel collection, it's a destination in itself! We are always adding to the area and hope that you'll be able to visit us often to see all of the exciting changes! Thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I found Tranquilo on a travel site and decided to book for a few nights as the price was great. The staff were wonderful and gave us not only a tour of the property but also some history of the motel. I felt like I was on the set of Dexter, the vibe was great and I actually loved the intimacy of the place. I think we got lucky with our room, it was tucked into a corner upstairs with views of Florida's impressive, jungle-like greenery. Our room was perfect, we booked a suite which was really spacious. Loved the modern white decor, my only concern would be that that kind of Ikea furniture doesn't usually stay nice for very long... Obviously I am looking into the future but it should be cheap enough to replace regularly. Bed was awesome, air conditioning ice cold and there was plenty of storage/closet space. Kitchen was well equipped but we only used it for breakfast and the odd drink. Room service was ok but I was disappointed by the fact that if you left a cup or cereal bowl in the sink they wouldn't even clean it. I'm extremely tidy and make the beds etc in the morning but I felt they didn't really do much in the way of 'room service'. Overall a great find in a cool little neighborhood, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PinkSaguaro

PinkSaguaro,
Thanks so much for your review. Next time you visit you'll notice a big change. The historic Bonnet House Museum & Gardens just opened a new gate on its south side, which is right next door to Tranquilo! Your next visit can be even more Tranquil now! We cannot wait for you to come back and see the changes. Take care and see you soon!