“Excellent Hotel, professional staff”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Long Island, NY
“Excellent Hotel, professional staff”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

There are many nice things to be said about this hotel. We stayed in a Superior Suite, and it was more room than two people actually need, but very luxurious. The suite includes a large sitting room with a kitchenette, a balcony, sleeping area and a very spacious bathroom. Most importantly to me, we found the room to be extremely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The parking is only valet, which is an additional daily cost (which we did not realize ahead of time), but the attendants were very prompt in bringing around the car and were professional and nice, as was the staff in general. The pool, while acceptable, was my least favorite aspect of the hotel because it was somewhat small, and I would have liked it if the pool area dining offered something more than a small happy hour menu. Still, it was a nice place to relax and did have a lot to offer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
JonGoldberg_Fl, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2011
Dear MCMS10,

Thank you for the wonderful comments in regards to our staff and our accommodations as we truly appreciate it. I am sorry that you found our pool menu selection limited as we do try to offer a light menu while enjoy the Florida sun, in the future we would be more than happy to offer some items from our Trina menu for you to enjoy at the pool.

We do hope that you will return and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com.

Jon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cape Cod
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Large, clean, attractive room with direct ocean view. OK pool and bar but nothing glamorous. Very good food in on-site restaurant, Trina, at all meals - worth seeking out from another hotel on the beach. Excellent advice from the concierge. See nearby Bonnet House. Liked the hotel but much preferred South Beach to Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Upper floor a must to reduce noise.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alonnisos
Dear Alonnisos,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant Trina.

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My family has been traveling to the Fort Lauderdale for several years as our vacation destination. End of March through the beginning of May is prime time for weather. The weather was incredible with only one day with rain (lasting one hour during "sun" times), 85 and sunny...

Upon arrival the day of check in, having gotten in a bit late we received a phone call from hotel manager letting us know that our room was not available because the hotel had been oversold. Just 5 minutes away and after a LONG flight we were not happy. The manager assured us that we would have a room at the "B Ocean" (just down the street and very modern and new hotel) paid for by the Atlantic for putting us out. We were also told we would be "taken care of" once our room was available the next day.

We were given an envelope to take to the B Ocean to pay for our room for the night. The B Ocean was somewhat comparable in amenties, but much smaller (room size). We did have an oceanview and no balcony or fridge (things we would have at the Atlantic), but it was new and very modern (and clean!). We made the most of it. The manager suggested we come for FREE breakfast at Trinia the next morning. We did. Breakfast was wonderful :) We walked back to teh B enjoyed the pool and ocean checked out at 12pm, went straight to the Atlantic and a room was ready for us there! We were comped with free breakfast for FOUR every day of our stay, HALF price for valet parking ($14 instead of $28) and a wonderful spa treatment package for free. What a wonderful manager, hotel, parking and restaurant staff. Everyone was amazing, inviting and helpful. The food at the hotel and the pool bar was amazing! The food in the LOCAL area was amazing! Pizza at Primani Bro on the corner, just like NY pizza (where I am from). Philly cheesesteaks from the Parrot. Homemade pasta dishes from Franco and Vinny'. Great seafood at the Coconut. I know my food and what I love :)

The most enjoyable experience and excellent room- very spacious, clean and very swanky! Would go here again and again. Recommending it to everyone I know!!!

Cell phone service wasn't available all the time, but in my room on the 7th floor near the balcony I did get service.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Dear cassie2336,

We are thrilled to know that The Atlantic Resort and Spa is your favorite resort in Ft. Lauderdale and that we were able to turn an originally negative experience around with our staff and our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We had a great weekend here. Our room had a great balcony that over looked the ocean. The spa was great, poolside was relaxing, and the weather was ideal. Had a great time.

Dear lbiasotti,

Thank you for the comments and we are so happy that you enjoyed yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com

Best,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My husband stayed at the Atlantic Resort & Spa in early March and if we were to rate this hotel on a scale of 1-10, I would have to give it a 5, not because it wasn't beautiful, because it was, not because the service was bad, because it wasn't. IT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO CELL SERVICE IN OR AROUND THE HOTEL PREMISES. I called down to the front desk to see if it was just a Verizon thing since this is my carrier, but the hotel informed me that the hotel did not get cell service with any carrier due to the hotel being made of mostly marble (hurricane proof). Even by the pool area, cell service was barely available.

Now I know that you're not supposed to be glued to your cell phone while on vacation but some people still need to work and check their emails constantly. I have NO IDEA how a hotel can operate this way. This ruined my trip as I had a lot of work to do and although I could have done it at the pool, while using my PDA, I had to work in hotel room so that I could use my laptop. Thank God for wireless.

3 Thank funkadoo
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Did not stay at hotel, but had an awesome dinner at Trina Restaurant. Nice wine list, friendly, efficient service, and awesome food! Very pro-active manager stopped by our table to ensure all was good. Get there early to get an oceanview table for the gorgeous sunset and be sure to save room for the Creme Brulee`

usa
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We checked in during the busiest time of the year and was upgraded to a suite for waiting ( we waited for like 2 hours for our room but we got there by 10am so we figured on waiting a bit)
Our room was amazing.!Very clean and chic for the area. I loved the bed & linens and our amazing view. We were on the 9th floor on the west side The Atlantic resort was perfect for me and my husband to get away from NJ and relax , get sun and eat great food. We loved the pool it was perfect for sitting in the shade or sun bathing. The food was great there as well - it was just a chicken wrap I ordered for lunch by the pool but I loved it and ordered it twice!!! Jolie was our waitress and bartender- she was so friendly and great to chat with. Marja was at the front desk and couldn't be more helpful and sweet. We got reservations for Saturday night at trulucks a mile away ( 8 dollar cab ride) which was perfect for what we wanted. Trinia restaurant was slow but the food made up for it as well as the manager and staff were beyond helpful. Sam the bartender at Trina even showed me how to make a very special drink they had on menu-The Pineapple Ginger!! it was amazing and I loved it. The pool area and spa were the best. I surprised my husband with a couples massage and he was hooked. The spa was beautiful and had everything you would want. robes, showers, hot tub, good products, lockers and a meditation room with tea fruit and cupcakes! We hope to bring our two young boys back here with some family. and finally It was only a 25.00 ( 10 minutes away)dollar cab ride to the ft lauderdale airport and didn't need to rent a car. We loved that.

Dear Keemart,

Thank you so much for the amazing review of our hotel, but we really want to thank you for amazing comments towards our staff such as Jolie at the pool, Marja at the front desk and Sam our bartender at Trina. It is because of our staff that this is such a special hotel and we do hope to see you back in the future with your two boys and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in a future booking.

Best,