“Made love in the lobby...”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This was the greatest hotel I have ever stayed in, anywhere. From the moment the cab pulled up to the front door and the Hotel Staff welcomed me into their lobby, I knew I was in paradise and I fell in love.

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic for three days prior to departing on the Carnival Freedom, to which I must say the Atlantic Hotel is much prettier than the Carnival Freedom. We were able to secure a three night stay with the third night being free. Bonus marks for me calling the front desk and asking if there were any deals prior to arriving.

The rooms were big and beautiful. We were able to reserve an Ocean view room, in the center of the Hotel and we had an amazing view. The Room is equiped with a full service kitchen so we went shopping for food and ate on the balcony. The bathroom was amazing, the beds super comfortable and again the balcony was heavenly.

You can walk anywhere and the beach is across the street. South of the Hotel there are copious amounts of bars and the CVS Pharmacy that sells groceries, wine, beer and liqour.

The Atlantic Hotel Staff were amazing, the pool is awesome, we had a great time. We will be returning for sure.

Room Tip: Call the front desk to ask for specials
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BorisBadnov
JonGoldberg_Fl, Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Dear BorisBadnov,

We are thrilled to know we had such a great impact on your experience in South Florida and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in any future bookings.

Best,
Jon Goldberg
Director of the Front Office

Reviewed 8 April 2011

There are many nice things to be said about this hotel. We stayed in a Superior Suite, and it was more room than two people actually need, but very luxurious. The suite includes a large sitting room with a kitchenette, a balcony, sleeping area and a very spacious bathroom. Most importantly to me, we found the room to be extremely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The parking is only valet, which is an additional daily cost (which we did not realize ahead of time), but the attendants were very prompt in bringing around the car and were professional and nice, as was the staff in general. The pool, while acceptable, was my least favorite aspect of the hotel because it was somewhat small, and I would have liked it if the pool area dining offered something more than a small happy hour menu. Still, it was a nice place to relax and did have a lot to offer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
JonGoldberg_Fl, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2011

Dear MCMS10,

Thank you for the wonderful comments in regards to our staff and our accommodations as we truly appreciate it. I am sorry that you found our pool menu selection limited as we do try to offer a light menu while enjoy the Florida sun, in the future we would be more than happy to offer some items from our Trina menu for you to enjoy at the pool.

We do hope that you will return and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com.

Reviewed 3 April 2011

Large, clean, attractive room with direct ocean view. OK pool and bar but nothing glamorous. Very good food in on-site restaurant, Trina, at all meals - worth seeking out from another hotel on the beach. Excellent advice from the concierge. See nearby Bonnet House. Liked the hotel but much preferred South Beach to Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Upper floor a must to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alonnisos

Dear Alonnisos,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant Trina.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

My family has been traveling to the Fort Lauderdale for several years as our vacation destination. End of March through the beginning of May is prime time for weather. The weather was incredible with only one day with rain (lasting one hour during "sun" times), 85 and sunny...

Upon arrival the day of check in, having gotten in a bit late we received a phone call from hotel manager letting us know that our room was not available because the hotel had been oversold. Just 5 minutes away and after a LONG flight we were not happy. The manager assured us that we would have a room at the "B Ocean" (just down the street and very modern and new hotel) paid for by the Atlantic for putting us out. We were also told we would be "taken care of" once our room was available the next day.

We were given an envelope to take to the B Ocean to pay for our room for the night. The B Ocean was somewhat comparable in amenties, but much smaller (room size). We did have an oceanview and no balcony or fridge (things we would have at the Atlantic), but it was new and very modern (and clean!). We made the most of it. The manager suggested we come for FREE breakfast at Trinia the next morning. We did. Breakfast was wonderful :) We walked back to teh B enjoyed the pool and ocean checked out at 12pm, went straight to the Atlantic and a room was ready for us there! We were comped with free breakfast for FOUR every day of our stay, HALF price for valet parking ($14 instead of $28) and a wonderful spa treatment package for free. What a wonderful manager, hotel, parking and restaurant staff. Everyone was amazing, inviting and helpful. The food at the hotel and the pool bar was amazing! The food in the LOCAL area was amazing! Pizza at Primani Bro on the corner, just like NY pizza (where I am from). Philly cheesesteaks from the Parrot. Homemade pasta dishes from Franco and Vinny'. Great seafood at the Coconut. I know my food and what I love :)

The most enjoyable experience and excellent room- very spacious, clean and very swanky! Would go here again and again. Recommending it to everyone I know!!!

Cell phone service wasn't available all the time, but in my room on the 7th floor near the balcony I did get service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear cassie2336,

We are thrilled to know that The Atlantic Resort and Spa is your favorite resort in Ft. Lauderdale and that we were able to turn an originally negative experience around with our staff and our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We had a great weekend here. Our room had a great balcony that over looked the ocean. The spa was great, poolside was relaxing, and the weather was ideal. Had a great time.

Dear lbiasotti,

Thank you for the comments and we are so happy that you enjoyed yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com

Best,

Reviewed 28 March 2011

My husband stayed at the Atlantic Resort & Spa in early March and if we were to rate this hotel on a scale of 1-10, I would have to give it a 5, not because it wasn't beautiful, because it was, not because the service was bad, because it wasn't. IT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO CELL SERVICE IN OR AROUND THE HOTEL PREMISES. I called down to the front desk to see if it was just a Verizon thing since this is my carrier, but the hotel informed me that the hotel did not get cell service with any carrier due to the hotel being made of mostly marble (hurricane proof). Even by the pool area, cell service was barely available.

Now I know that you're not supposed to be glued to your cell phone while on vacation but some people still need to work and check their emails constantly. I have NO IDEA how a hotel can operate this way. This ruined my trip as I had a lot of work to do and although I could have done it at the pool, while using my PDA, I had to work in hotel room so that I could use my laptop. Thank God for wireless.

3  Thank funkadoo
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Did not stay at hotel, but had an awesome dinner at Trina Restaurant. Nice wine list, friendly, efficient service, and awesome food! Very pro-active manager stopped by our table to ensure all was good. Get there early to get an oceanview table for the gorgeous sunset and be sure to save room for the Creme Brulee`