“Perfect Location and Accomodations”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Location and Accomodations”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I had two rooms at The Atlantic for our stay. One room was a king with partial ocean view that I bought with AE Points. The other was a two Queen Bed Room that was located on the 7th floor overlookingthe pool and the ocean. It was beautiful. I would stay here again in a minute.

We also had dinner for 4 at Trina and were treated very well and had a delicious meal. The bar area was hosting an event and the bar tender was not very attentive or friendly. My husband tried to order our drinks before we got to the table and never got the bartender's attention. We ordered martini's and I could

Room Tip: Room 708 was beautiful. Great Views.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
JonGoldberg_Fl, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Dear Katiemcgi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are thrilled to know that you had such a great time with us. We are sorry that our bartender was not attentive to your needs and I have addressed that with our Director of Food and Beverage.

We certainly hope to see you again and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in your future bookings.

Kind regards,
Director of the Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
plantation
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Great service from the front desk to all the other departments in the hotel Spa, Restaurant, Housekeeping, specially Brad. I would recommend this to all my friends and family!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear rockujoi,

Thank you for the kind words in regards to our staff as they truly make our hotel special and Brad is certainly one of those people.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in your future booking.

Warm regards,
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The front desk staff was fantastic and very accommodating when we arrived at 1am and had many demands for food and wine. Concierge desk was ever so helpful and sent us to a fabulous seafood restaurant called Truluck's, where we had one of the best meals there ever!! The rooms were very spacious, comfy king size bed, huge bathroom and great balcony. Wifi throughout the hotel however, could not get a connection while sitting on patio or at the pool. We had breakfast here 2 mornings, but the menu at Trina's is quite small, so we ventured out for the 3rd morning to Shula's which was very good food. Had lunch by the pool, again a small menu, but the wraps we had were tasty. We made use of the gym each morning, which had everything we needed. Our traveling companions made use of the spa, which they loved. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business or pleasure. Fort Lauderdale is a great place for sun, relaxing and good food.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
JonGoldberg_Fl, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear KMattice,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as is seems that you and your guest had a wonderful time with us and we are thrilled to know that! We are currently looking to increase our Internet speed for our guest so that your Internet experience can meet with the rest of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly so that I can assist with your booking at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com

NEW YORK
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I just returned from a week long vacation with my family at the Atlantic. I read a lot of reviews on trip advisor about this hotel, which is the reason I booked this place. First of all I must say the staff is amazing. They are all very attentive and meet the needs of any traveler with any issue. I had a couple of things that were not to my expectation and as soon as I brought it to any staff member's attention that worked there it was fixed immediately.
They're are a couple of things that I felt as a traveler I was very disappointed in.

First of all my package included free breakfast every morning, FREE mean FREE it doesn't mean well give you a certain amount of money that your allowed to spend each morning at breakfast( of course we are going to tip the staff but everyday we ordered the same breakfast and every morning the bill was different.
They also give you 2 free drinks to enjoy at their bar Trina, good luck finding a bartender to get your drinks you have to track one down then they of course hand you a bill for tax and tip, once again I would have taking very good care of my bartender who just gave me my two free drinks(but then again they weren't that free I guess)
Service for breakfast is OK we had a different waiter everyday but it need some improvement. With the exception of one waiter Samuel he was on top of his game.
Trina for dinner another story horrible service. My drinks didn't even arrive to after our appetizers, but once again a manager noticed and didn't charge us for the drinks. Like I said wonderful staff.
The rooms are nice, clean oceanfront have nice views. They also have 1 bedroom suites which are very spacious and kept up very well.
The kitchens are a nice feature to keep drinks, especially if your thirsty after 4pm at the pool because everything shuts down. I never understand a business closing early because it's slow. I never have that luxury at my job or have heard of that in any business. So instead of the bar making money for liquor we brought our own.
The pool is not the greatest by far at all. First of all the set up in horrible because the sun goes over the hotel so if your looking for sun after 4 forget it. The fans from the kitchen are also set up right over one side of the pool so if you can't get chairs on the opposite side your stuck with kitchen fans blowing on you the entire day, but it does prevent you from hearing maintenance sanding the floors. I don't understand why they would choose to sand the tiles by the pool during the busiest hours.
One afternoon after the beach I came back to swim in the pool and they're were no towels. I asked Laura from the spa if we could get some towels, when she finally acknowledge me she was extremely short with me and said she'll get someone to bring them. After swimming and soaking wet and no towels I went into the spa dripping wet and said what happened to the towels, she looked and said "no one brought them", obviously NOT!
Valet is expensive about 30 bucks a night which adds up if your vacation is a week long.
But the valet staff is very nice and very quick with getting your car to you.
Overall with the exceptions of some issues with this hotel its overall OK.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dear funintthesun,

We are thrilled to know that our staff had such a great impact on your experience with us as we strive to ensure all of our guests are treated with the best care.
The issues that you did experience a certainly something that should not have occurred and I have addressed this with our Director of Food and Beverage as we want your whole experience to be flawless from check in to check out.

We do hope to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I may assist in a future booking.

Jackson, Mi
Reviewed 17 April 2011

A beautifu hotel with updated furnishings. Pretty view and nice beach across the street. The hotel will provide nice towels for the beach.A man whose not much of a people person,charges $20 a day for a chair whenever he shows up around 9 am and wants to be gone by 4:00 or 4:30. The rooms have very nice food prepartion area with a double stove top, microwave, small refrigerator with ice maker, and sink, with plates and utensils. It would be nice if there was a place beside the bed or the fabric chair to eat. The nearest grocery store is 4 miles away or there is a pretty well stocked CVS a 15 walk away. Really all but the restaurant next door are a 15-20 minute walk away. The cruise ships are about a 15 minute drive. Housekeeping was.......there. In my 3 night stay my same glass rings stayed on the tables and the carpets were never vacuumed once. There is No wifi and 99% of the time no cell service in the hotel(I have Verizon. The desk girl said they have many complaints).Food service slow.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear justjoe2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are sorry that housekeeping was only there as they certainly should have been more attentive and I have spoken with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure proper cleaning of our guest rooms.

In regards to the experience with our Wifi and Cell reception this is something that we are looking to resolve as we do not want the guest experience impacted by such issues.

I do hope that we can show you we are not skin deep and please contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com and let me know if you will be in South Florida so we can truly showcase our property.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

We are living it, right now! There is a wedding outside by the pool, the noise is UNBELIEVABLE! The windows are literally vibrating! The staff is apologetic but cannot make them quiet down. Last visit to Ft Lauderdale we stayed at the W.....
We chose not to return there even though we regularly stay at Starwood properties, because of the noise. I feel like I'm at a frat party. I'm sure the manager will contact me and apologize. I would have to
scream at him/her for 2 hours for them to truly appreciate the situation!

• Stayed April 2011
Dear jmartin23,

I wanted to apologize again regarding the noise that our party caused during your stay as this certainly placed an inconvenience on you and your guest. I am happy that I was able to speak with you and we do look forward to welcoming you back in July and showing how relaxing our hotel is for your special occasion.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This was the greatest hotel I have ever stayed in, anywhere. From the moment the cab pulled up to the front door and the Hotel Staff welcomed me into their lobby, I knew I was in paradise and I fell in love.

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic for three days prior to departing on the Carnival Freedom, to which I must say the Atlantic Hotel is much prettier than the Carnival Freedom. We were able to secure a three night stay with the third night being free. Bonus marks for me calling the front desk and asking if there were any deals prior to arriving.

The rooms were big and beautiful. We were able to reserve an Ocean view room, in the center of the Hotel and we had an amazing view. The Room is equiped with a full service kitchen so we went shopping for food and ate on the balcony. The bathroom was amazing, the beds super comfortable and again the balcony was heavenly.

You can walk anywhere and the beach is across the street. South of the Hotel there are copious amounts of bars and the CVS Pharmacy that sells groceries, wine, beer and liqour.

The Atlantic Hotel Staff were amazing, the pool is awesome, we had a great time. We will be returning for sure.

Room Tip: Call the front desk to ask for specials
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BorisBadnov
Dear BorisBadnov,

We are thrilled to know we had such a great impact on your experience in South Florida and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Please feel free to contact me at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in any future bookings.