“Relaxing Get-a-way!”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to the Atlantic Resort & Spa for my 40th birthday. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating during our entire stay, especially the Concierge, Sheryl. My birthday was New Year’s Eve and she took the time to ask us the right questions to choose the perfect dinner cruise. Sheryl also left a fantastic birthday cake in our room while we were at the beach across the street. It was a nice treat after a day in the sun. The room was modern, clean and full of great amenities. Bedding was top of the line, extremely comfortable. The hotel offered complementary spa entrance and we enjoyed everything: Jacuzzi, steam rooms, robes, personal amenities, quiet room with tea/beverages. The pool & outside bar/restaurant on the 5th floor was one of favorite designations in the hotel. We also sipped a few cocktails in the chic lounge and had a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant. The Atlantic is only a few streets away from the Water Taxi which stops at numerous restaurants, beaches and shops. If you are looking for a relaxing get-a-way with everything in walking distance, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MR9499
There are newer reviews for The Atlantic Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here last Feb pre cruise/aft cruise.Sum it all up,Beautiful Hotel/restaurant,location.Staff very very good.Upgraded to the Penthouse,amazing.100 ft balcony over looking the mighty Atlantic Ocean.Would stay here again in a heart beat when visiting Fort Lauderdale again,enjoy

Room Tip: Ocean front room/suite
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnnymelonball
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of the Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Johnnymelonball,

We are thrilled to know that you had a great time with us at The Atlantic last year and look forward to welcoming you back and enjoy our hotel again!

Please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com should you need any assistance booking.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I always anticipate with pleasure our stay at the Atlantic-- but enjoy the reality of it even more.
The shhhh and lull of the blue waves from the balcony of our impeccable and comfortable room.
The scent of orange essence in the elegant lobby.
The regal palms and high class hum of the helpful staff in the friendly circular drive.
In short, life is fresh again when we renew ourselves at the Atlantic Resort and Spa.

Victoria Brooks
Editor
www.GreatestEscapes.com

Room Tip: All rooms and suites are very elegant and have balconies but for dramatic views choose oceanfront. T...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear IslandBeat,

Wow thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us as we are thrilled to know that you can always count on us for a relaxing stay!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Just got back from my stay at The Atlantic. I've been to South Florida (Miami) many times, but it was my first time staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Got to the hotel and the room wasn't ready yet so went to grab some breakfast at the hotel restaurant East End, the two waiters (Patrick & Brendan) that served us were EXCELLENT! They were almost like concierges themselves, they both went out of their way to make restaurant and "things to do" recommendations...several of which we all did. Once I got my room, it was huge with a beautiful balcony overlooking the pool, beach and ocean and the room had a very large bathroom. After unpacking I realized I left my black dress belt at home and called down to find out the nearest men's store....all of them were CLOSED by that point which was not good news for me since I had a dinner to go to that evening and really needed a black belt. I called the concierge Sheryl Luke and told her the situation...5 minutes later she knocked on my door with a brand new black dress belt in my size!!!!! Now that is service!!!!!! Sheryl, you one-uped the American Express concierge that was trying to help! Pauline at the front desk was also very helpful with other requests....I always like complimenting specific employees that stand out and those four employees definitely stood out! There were only two small issues I had....only one of the power outlets in my room worked and one of the engineers came to take a look, but was never able to fix the problem during my 3 night stay...the other issue (much smaller) was that they ran low on beach towels on two of the days.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, the staff really made the difference! So thank you to Pauline, Sheryl, Patrick & Brendan for your great service!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear PointsAddict,

Thank you for the many compliments to our staff as they are the ones who exceed in delivering an amazing guest experience. We are so happy to know that they went above and beyond your expectations as this is what we strive to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again and have already addressed both of those small issues!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2011

The hotel was absolutely gorgeous, and our room was beautiful. We enjoyed drinking our coffee on the balcony overlooking the ocean every morning. Our room had a fridge, microwave and stove top along with all the dishes and utensils we would need. Our biggest complaints were the pillows and bed. The pillows were so soft, it felt like you were suffocating, and the bed was uncomfortable. Also, the valet parking rate of $28 per night was high, especially considering you had to tip the valet. The hotel is located across the street from the beach, not directly on the beach, not a big issue as it was easy to cross. The view was absolutely stunning, and the staff was friendly and the housekeeping came twice a day. Our bathroom was awesome and huge. The water pressure in the shower was amazing, I could have stayed in it all day. overall, this hotel was very nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Abu Jam M
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of the Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2012

Dear Sadril M,

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us at The Atlantic Resort and Spa with our spacious rooms and wonderful staff. We are sorry that you did not like our new Down pillows and duvet and our Frette bedding as we are increasing our guest comfort. We do offer foam pillows and upon your next visit would be more than happy to offer this as an option.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I may assist in your next booking.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

I just wanted to thank you and your team so much for all the help and preparation that you put into our wedding last Saturday, December 17th. It was such a perfect event and I really appreciate all your help.
Keith and I were very happy with all the services we received from the hotel. You and your team were always very responsive whenever I had a question – and let’s face it, there were lots of questions over the months . The room was beautiful! We had a one bedroom ocean-view suite on the sixth floor that had a full kitchen with full-size fridge and dishwasher as well as a full living room, two massive bathrooms (one with a large soaking tub and the best dual-headed shower room I have ever seen) as well as a large balcony. We greatly appreciated the upgrade to this room from the standard room we paid for. The staff also brought us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and snack mix. It was delicious and greatly appreciated!
On the morning of the wedding, your team was so helpful in getting the ceremony space set up. It was important to us that we get this done as early as possible since we wanted to allow ample time to get ready for the ceremony. You guys made this very easy on us and the space looked great after everything was completed. Also, since the reception was going to take place in the same space as the ceremony I was a little nervous about how that transition would go down. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and easy it was. The team switched the chairs out and had the tables set up in no time – it was awesome! I also greatly appreciated the help with both the ceremony processional and the grand entrance for the reception. It was so helpful to have you there to keep everything organized and timely.
I also want to comment on the food. Actually I can’t comment enough on the food. It was great!! So many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! The skirt steak with that Jack Daniels sauce was incredible and the mashed potatoes were to die for. The appetizers were also amazing! I highly recommend the crab cakes and the tune tartar wontons – delicious!! Please let your chef(s) know that we thought it was all incredible.
I also want to thank you for taking care of all of our friends and family that stayed in the hotel. Every member of the hotel’s staff was so friendly and nice. Our parents received complimentary fruit trays which they greatly appreciated and upgrades to beautiful rooms as well. Even though many of the guests were local, many said they plan to return to the hotel for a weekend getaway because they enjoyed it so much.
So thank you again for all your help! We both really appreciate all your help in making our special day so wonderful!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea G

Dear Andrea G,

We are so happy to know that you chose our hotel to have such a special occasion and that we exceeded your expectations as we strive to do! Thank you for the wonderful comments and we have passed all this information along to our teams as they were thrilled to hear it!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We had a week at the Atlantic hotel in november before we went on a cruise,I can not say anything bad about this place, the staff were all excellent very polite and friendly, the hotel has to be the best we have stayed in and we have stayed in some nice places, this is one hotel we shall return to without any question. I can't add anymore to what people say about this hotel, it was PERFECT a big thankyou to All staff and management. see you next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
JonGoldberg_Fl, Director of the Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2011

Dear olya43,

Wow that is the highest praise and we are so happy to know that we made your holiday so enjoyable!

We look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me directly at jgoldberg@atlantichotelfl.com so that I can assist in your next booking.