“AMAZING”

Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
bedminster
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Words can not explain my satisfaction with this resort. From the moment my boyfriend and I arrived until the moment that we left we experienced nothing but a wonderful time.

We booked using the educator/teacher discount and received a ocean view room. We also received a free drink voucher, 20 percent off spa services and complimentary breakfast every morning, This was a great deal!

Check in- Although getting off our flight at 10am and check in not until 3pm I called to see if we would be able to check in early. We were told to come on over and our room would be ready. This was great and provided us one full extra day of beach time!

Room- The room was gorgeous. The beds were perfect. Granite countertops, stove top, refrigerator, microwave, utensils and cookware. . We were easily able to provide ourselves with lunch after stopping at the supermarket. My one request is to provide larger bowls. I made myself a salad each day for lunch and had to ear it out of one of the pots for the stove top (not a big deal though!) The bathroom was beautiful. Seperate toilet area, shower, and seperate tub. Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided. These were great the conditioner actually was able to get the knots out of my hair! The room also provides beer, liquor, and snacks but charges astronomical fees. Put those aside and go buy yourselves some snacks at the CVS down the road.

Breakfast- Each morning we received complimentary breakfast. We were given 30 dollars to split between the two of us. Although I am vegan, I was provided with a fresh fruit bowl with various kinds of fruits and was also provided oatmeal made with no milk. My boyfriend indulged in many of the egg dishes. He stated that they were all delicious. What was out of this world though was the breakfast potatoes. I wouldnt dare order myself one of their HUGE side dishes of these although I craved it every morning just because I know I would not have the self control to not eat the entire plate!

Spa- My boyfriend and I used the spa and purchased a couples massage. It was so wonderful and relaxing. The spa was beautiful. It had a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The provided robes and flip flops to wear. My only request is that the spa open earlier. I would have loved to use the facilities after working out early in the morning. I understand though why it would be open the hours that it is.

Pool Bar- The bar was awesome. It had great food and amazing drinks. The pina coladas were to die for. The food was also awesome. Once again a vegan option of a bean sprout wrap. Yum.

Location- Prime location right across the street from the beach and maybe 3 miles from Las Olas Blvd. There is a shuttle thats 3 dollars each way per person. Well worth it and reliable (most of the time) A taxi was only 10 dollars though so if you dont mind spending the extra bucks, do it.

Check out- Although checkout is at 12 pm. We really wanted to stay the day. We loved the place so much we wanted to stay an extra night (they were sold out though!) Anyway, the front desk told us that they would hold on to our bags for us and refrigerate our food while we went to the beach for the day. They also told us we can use the spa showers to freshen up if we would like. This was more than accomodating and once again elongated our trip and made it so much more enjoyable.

Tips for travelers- if your a beach goer, dont waste 44 dollars a day on beach chairs and umbrellas. Walk a mile down the road along the beach and there is a cvs we spent 65 dollars on two chairs and an umbrella and saved ourselves hundreds of dollars instead of renting for 6 days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Wow. That's All I have to say. The Atlantic hotel was wonderful. My hubby and I were there for 1 week and we felt like we were home. From the moment were arrived to the time we left. I was surprised on how big the rooms was. We had a Ocean view suite and it was very spacious. the beach was across the street. Sheryl the concierge and her staff was excellent in helping us with different things to do. My hubby went golfing, we went to the Jungle Queen (25 of us) and snorkeling...All with the hotels help. We are already planning our next trip. Must I say any more!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MemawBigD
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Great location on the beach! This is a repeat stay for me. The Atlantic is my hotel of choice when I am in the area. I stayed in a gorgeous oceanfront deluxe suite with lots of natural light, large balcony, kitchenette and oversized bathroom. The staff were very friendly and accommodating - from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the valet. The restaurant and bar area are inviting and relaxing with beautiful views of the ocean across the street. I had breakfast at the hotel restaurant each day and it was exceptional. A good, varied menu selection. Although I did not use the pool or spa area on this trip, it appeared to be well maintained. Valet and bell captains were helpful with directions and very kind. I was disappointed with the interaction I had one evening with the concierge. I asked for his recommendation for a nice cigar bar nearby. Much to my shock - he Googled it! I told him I had already done that and was looking for a recommendation based on his knowledge of the area and information he may have received from other guests. Other than that one unfortunate encounter, my stay, as always exceeded my expectations.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 25th wedding anniversary. We had a great time. The suite was clean, spacious , fully equipped kitchenette, comfortable beds and great bathroom.. This would be great for family with kids to cut costs on meals. We had oceanview suite which was also okay since the beach is across the street. All the hotels are across from the beach, by the way. The spa was relaxing and the whirlpool, sauna, gym and outdoor pool are complimentary. We flew in so we had to rent umbrellas and chairs and this was quite expensive. The valet parking is 28/day also expensive. We did not dine at the hotel restaurant because there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vacaywarrior
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I don't think there are enough words to describe our stay at the Atlantic. I have grown up in a wealthy family and am used to staying at the Ritz, W, etc. However, this trip was an anniversary celebration for my boyfriend and I so those hotels were obviously not in a working college student's budget. My experience at the Atlantic exceeded experiences that I have had at top rated hotels, including the Ritz Fort Lauderdale! The room was super clean; when we checked in I realized we didn't have a full ocean front, so I asked for the best view of the ocean and they answered every request. We had a beautiful room and balcony with a wonderful view of the ocean. The service was even better!!! They came 3 times a day; once to clean the room (always early), once to fluff the room (usually when we were at dinner) and leave chocolate, waters and the next days weather, and once to see if we needed anything in our mini fridge/ bathroom. Every time we walked into the lobby they greeted us whole heartedly. The staff was so friendly and helpful, I have never had better. The location is unbelievable. The Trump Tower that never opened is right next to the Atlantic, so the beach is much more quiet and calm than near the Beach Place because there are less tourists with a completely empty hotel next door. It's a short walk to the lively Beach Place! The pool is great, always enough lounge chairs. My favorite were the 2 outdoor couches, they didn't cost extra like most hotels I've been to and it was like laying on a huge bed. My boyfriend and I had the most wonderful and relaxing time at the Atlantic. We got a deal through Travelocity (48 hour flash sale where the hotel was 25% off, and then an extra 10% off for the summer promo) so the quality of our vacation for the price we paid was unbeatable! We will MOST definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Taylorlynnx11
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in a suite with an ocean view on the 14th floor .This hotel is just perfect...The room was spacious with a complete kitchenette,a balcony,a marble bathroom etc..

The beach is right across the street and easily accessible.The staff is really helpful and friendly

. We did use the exercise room 4 times. The apparels are up to date and the view over the atlantic is spectacular.

The only negative point would be the price of the valet parking...Even tought the service is top notch, 28$ a night is a bit pricey.

We are already planning another visit there next year!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingisfun2012
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, this place rocks and to be honest, maybe we expected too much. We did in fact save most of the year to come spend the week but it was the little things that proved to be at times disappointing. If you like to go to the gym, yes it's open 24 hours but the person who's in charge of towels whether it be in the gym or the pool is not on the ball. Three straight days my wife and I went to the gym and there were no towels and it wasn't just that there were no towels for a few minutes, two if the three times we had to go back to the room and get our towels because the spa did not open until 10:00 am. One morning I noticed that the towels from the night before from the pool were still there from the night before because my wife and I had a drink later in the day and noticed the towels laying in a heap before we retired to bed. They were in the same position at 9:00 am the next morning. Stocking the coffee. Loved the coffee machines but twice I felt uncomfortable asking the maid to restock the coffee for the morning. With that said, the staff was wonderful and maybe we just caught them at an off period. Breakfast was wonderful; loved having the USA delivered every morning and I have to say if you can get Caty or Katy; not sure exactly how her name is spelled, but a wonderful personality and makes a mean sangria!! The rooms were nice and beds made. We would definitely stay again. Please keep in mind that the spa is open from 10:00-5:00 and they close on time. As far as the spa, loved it! If you are in need of some reflection time, great zen music, operational steam room ( once again, towels!!!) but a minor inconvenience. Great whirlpool and showers. You will not be disappointed. My wife and I were pleased and loved the staff. Thank you for a wonderful time Atlantic!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank oiler89
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Oiler, Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I appreciate you letting us know about the details where we could improve. Please come back and see us soon.