“Perfect place for our weekend girls' trip!”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I normally don't write reviews, but I wanted to share our wonderful experiences at the Altantic Resort and Spa so others can enjoy it too. We expected to stay at a nice hotel, and that's exactly what we got. The location was perfect. The view from our 12th floor ocean front balcony was beautiful. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, including the beds. The pool was nice and the poolside bar/restaurant was very convenient with great selections. We didn't have enough time to check out the spa, but we heard from others that it was one of the best they've been to. However, the thing that really sets the Atlantic Resort and Spa apart from the rest is the friendliness of the staff and the service we received. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear KK, Thank you for having your girls' getaway with us. Next time we'll have to get you into the Spa. Thanks for your business. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Yes the ocean view from our balcony was Awesome! The other view that was impressive was that of the staff. No matter what role they have on the staff they gave excellent customer service. Taninika checked us in with a beautiful smile. The hotel restaurant is excellent from the service to the food and drinks. You can sit outside and enjoy it all with an amazing view of the ocean directly across the street. The rooms are beautiful. Spacious and separate tub and shower with double sinks. A kitchenette with utensils and all. A keurig with coffee and tea. A mini fridge and icemaker. Nightly turndown service with bottles of water provided. USA Today delivered each morning. I can only write what happened to us.The best way to describe how we felt is we began planning our next trip back while still on our first.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeandMolly03
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Mike and Molly, Thanks for sharing your great experience. I am especially glad you enjoyed the view. We don't ever get tired of it either. I hope that your travels will bring you back to The Atlantic very soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We got it as part of the flight + hotel package on Columbus Day weekend, so value was excellent. We liked the ‘resort’ feel, clean room, and enormous bathroom. The staff was very attentive. Restaurant had one he best food we had in Ft. Lauderdale so far (grouper and skirt steak). Our waiter Christopher guided us through the menu and expertly suggested the wine pairing. Breakfast menu available from 7am to 2:30pm! Good restaurants are a short walk from the hotel. Room had a kitchenette with a Keurig machine. Great location, great hotel, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 7th floor and higher should get you unobstructed ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Krbn, We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad you really enjoyed the food as we are very proud of it. Please come back and see us soon. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights at The Atlantic and took advantage of their "Vacation like a VIP" package. What a great bargain. Room rate was excellent, received $100 hotel credit which we used in the restaurant, $25 Visa gift card accepted anywhere, and free valet parking. Parking typically runs $18- $25 per day on beach. The hotel is lovely. The lobby is well done but the choice of a dark marble makes it a little dark. We had a king studio with beach view. One of the largest rooms I have ever stayed in. Nice balcony with chairs as well. Bathroom was massive - marble and glass shower with separate toilet room. Service was excellent. The pool is on the 5th floor of the hotel overlooking the beach. You would have to go out of the hotel and cross the street to get to the beach. pool area was comfortable and clean. Service was efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am excited to hear how much you enjoyed our VIP package and our oversize rooms. We are grateful for your patronage and want to invite you back for another visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I came to this hotel for a business workshop. The hotel sits right across the street from the beach.
As I entered the lobby, I was greeted at the front desk with a friendly hello from Jarvas. As Jarvas was checking me in he noticed that I was entitled to an upgrade. He informed me about the upgrade but I said no thanks. He looked me straight in the eyes and said " trust me you want this upgrade" So based on his recommendation, I took the upgrade.

After he handed me my room card, we walked together to the elevator, with a twinkle in his eye he said enjoy the room. My room was on the top floor, yes he gave me the pent house. The elevator opened and I was in my room. I couldn't believe my eyes, as I took a tour of this pent house I noticed it had two bedrooms, two and half baths, a dinning room, living room, a full kitchen, washer and dryer, three flat screen t.v.s, three balconies, four thermostats, an office area and I as I mentioned your own elevator.

This was like a dream come true. I never experienced anything like this before. After I got over the shock of the room, I went to the hotel pool. It is on the fifth floor with a wonderful view of the beach. The pool was very relaxing. There was also a Jacuzzi and a bar area. The hotel has one restaurant with a bar area. The restaurant has an outdoor area for dinning, which is a great place to watch the sun set. There is also a business center.

The staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure all my needs were met. I was always greeted with smiles and asked if I was o.k. House keeping did an amazing job keeping my room clean. Each night they would come in and turn my blanket down and leave two bottles of water for me to drink.

My only disappointment was breakfast. It was billed as a buffet breakfast and while there was enough to eat, I'd would have like to seen just a little bit more variety. Maybe a hot special each morning like pancakes or French toast or waffles. They offered neither hot or cold cereal or any type of breads. I felt they could have put a little more effort into the breakfast buffet.

As I went to the front desk to check out, I was greeted by Tameeka, who's beautiful smile, genuine warmth and winning personality summed up for me the great over all experience I had at this hotel. I felt when Tameeka asked me how my stay at the hotel was, she really meant it.
She was so happy when I told her about my experience. We shook hands and she made it a point to say 'Please come back and visit with us again." And I will.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade, it worked for me. I was put in the pent house.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear David, Thank you so much for your detailed review. It was a pleasure hosting you and your group. Thanks especially for naming a few of our associates that made a difference to you. It means so much to all of us.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We loved the Atlantic! The view was amazing, and everything was very comfortable and spacious. Its in a great location so theres a lot to do within walking distance. The staff was very helpful in accommodating us and helping with cabs. We never tried the restaurant or the spa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CatLuver, We are pleased that you had a great time with us. We appreciate your business and your taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was very impressed with the room and experience, the service was impeccable and the view was spectacular. I would definately consider this hotel again. Also breakfast was part of package an it was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Steven, We appreciate your patronage and kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast-inclusive package. We hope that you'll be back soon to enjoy yet another breakfast overlooking the ocean.