“In the middle of everything”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We arrived at this hotel and they immediately upgraded us to a suite - and what a suite, it was bigger than some people's homes and included a small kitchenette so we were able to have our own breakfast each day - but we couldn't be bothered to cook at night as there are lots of restaurants around. Great view from the balcony. You could catch the trolley bus right outside the hotel and this was a great way to get around, also very cheap.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book a suite - well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barry c
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Barry, Thank you for your kind feedback. We're so happy to hear how you enjoyed things - especially the food! It was our pleasure to host you. Looking forward to your next time.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on our return from the Keys enroute to the West Coast. A great surprise, the rooms are large, modern and very well cleaned. Our room was on the 9th floor and overlooked the ocean.
The staff were helpful, friendly and eager to help us enjoy our stay.
We ate dinner both nights in the hotel restaurant. It wasn't busy and our waiter, Samuel I believe his name was, was very attentive and asked the chef to make a few changes in the menu for us.
I also ate lunch on the pool deck, a great place to get an ocean breeze and watch the waves across the street.
We wished we had stayed there on our arrived at Ft Lauderdale 10 days previously but will absolutely stay there when we return.
I had no complaints.

Room Tip: I found the bed to be a little soft for my liking but my husband slept soundly.
1  Thank scarpered
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Scarpered, We ate very happy to read how much you enjoyed your time at The Atlantic on your journey. I hope that your travels will bring you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I got a very good deal through Olotels for Thanksgiving November 28 & 29. That is part of my "Very Good" rating. The location is great, smack across from the beach,very near to other beach front hotels, less that 6 minutes by car from the mall with Neiman Marcus, Macy's and all of the other typical mall retailers. Not much further away by car from Las Olas Boulevard.
The staff from the bell boy, reception employees, concierge, where super friendly, welcoming and helpful. All of the above deserve a 5 point rating. I got a 2 room suite on the 9th floor with a terrace expanding over both the living and bedroom. Great Bathroom, walk in closet, kitchenette. Superb waterfront view.2 smart flat screen TV's, Bose music equipment. The downside are the furnishings, window treatments, marble in the bathroom, floors, which have all exceeded their age for being "attractive". It needs replacement, then it could even become a 4+ star hotel. Now the real disappointment was the breakfast. For one, the "all in one" dining room, which means location for breakfast, lunch, dinner, has really very poor decoration. Even if you can live with that, the breakfast menu is very, very poor. You are better off walking to the Hilton, which is one block away and enjoying a very generous continental breakfast for under $ 20.00 or an equally attractive buffet breakfast for $ 27.00 from the 6th floor, both inside or outside dining. Overnight valet parking is $ 28.00. Quick and friendly .

Room Tip: Waterfront provides great unobstructed views
2  Thank Globetrotter1621

Dear Globetrotter, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear your accolades about the service and will take to heart your feedback about the decor and other elements you were not pleased with. We sincerely thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Me and the old lady found the Atlantic Resort & Spa to be a beautiful resort located directly across from the ocean and white sandy beaches. It sits a little further away from all the hustle and bustle of the crazy beach crowds, but is close enough to walk or taxi to them if need be. I found the location to be quiet and relaxing.

The one thing that stood out to me was the attitude of the staff and the service. Every single person that I encountered was extremely nice and very helpful. The valet, the front desk, the pool boy, and the resteraunt staff were all great. I remember one night I left my lighter in the car after being valet parked. I called down and asked if there was anyway I could get it and to my surprise, the valet guy actually went and got it from my car and brought it up to my room for me. That's what I call excellent service!

Pros.
Staff
Location
Cleanliness
Rooms

Cons.
Only thing I can think of is the pool is kind of on the smaller side.

I would highly recommend to anyone to stay at the Atlantic if in Fort Lauderdale. It is a very beautiful place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to receive your high rating. On behalf of myself and the entire team at The Atlantic, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Atlantic is a wonderful full service hotel and spa. We rented our large one bedroom, two bath unit through VRBO direct through the owner. The unit had a large balcony on the ocean over the pool. The hotel had everything you need, including restaurant, spa, pool and business facility. The staff was wonderful and always helpful.
The location was great (a little north of most of the activity but easy walking distance).
We rented bikes to explore the town and the hotel staff secured them for us whenever we needed.
For girls weekends, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms via VRO or another rental site by owner are the way to go to get the best value!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Deb, I am so pleased to hear how you enjoyed staying with us for your girls' getaway. Thank you for singling out our service - it was a pleasure to make your getaway a success. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The service at this hotel was wonderful!! Sheryl Luke the lead Concierge and her assistant Lisa were top notch! They gave great suggestions and helped with a lot! We would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Albert, We think Sheryl is a treasure too. Thank you for being our guest - we're so happy yoy had a great time. See you soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent. We booked through a vacation rental site and rented directly from the owner. Our one bedroom unit was very comfortable and had a small kitchen that we used to make breakfasts. There was a mini fridge, two burner cooktop, dinnerware, silverware and glassware. We had a side unit and had a view of the beach and ocean. The pool deck looked out over the ocean with a great view. We did not use the gym or spa but the gym did look very well equipped. What stood out about this hotel was the excellent customer service. Never once did we walk either in or out of the lobby without a friendly greeting from the staff. The valet parkers always had our car ready and waiting by the time we came down from our room and everyone seemed like they genuinely enjoyed their jobs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Maryland, It was a pleasure hosting you. We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for choosing the Atlantic Hotel & Spa.