The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Premiere Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Beach Plaza Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
The Aqua Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
Soleado Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Birch Patio Motel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Royal Palms Resort & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
2,132 results
All reviewsocean frontacross the streethuge bathroomsteam roompool areastove topbeautiful hotelmini kitchenupgraded to a suitepartial ocean viewvalet parkingone bedroom suitean umbrellalauderdale beachfitness centerthe ritzbeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our family room had a nice kitchen but no dining table. Ask for that if you plan to eat some meals at your room. Kitchen was nice equiped to do minor cooking.
Beds and towels was of highest quality.
Hotel service was the best we ever experienced..
Restaurant was a bit pricy but good.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with full ocean view. Enjoy the sunrise at 7.00 a.m. while you drink a cup of coffee.
1  Thank Mads T
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is the first time ever that I felt obligated to write a review for any place I’ve stayed at. The Atlantic Hotel is absolutely great! The rooms are spacious, the view is breathtaking and the entire place is exceptionally well kept. What really makes me want to write this the great attitude of the staff. My wife and I had breakfast every day and drinks every evening on the “porch” overlooking the ocean and the waiters/bartenders were friendly, courteous and prompt. But the biggest asset this hotel has is the concierge, Sheryl Luke .Not only was she extremely helpful with local knowledge (I like to relax, my wife has to be constantly moving) so we always had something to do she made the purpose of our trip really memorable. We were here to surprise my father in law for his 80th birthday, Sheryl helped us with our reservations at The Chart House (one of his favorites), made sure they had a birthday dessert for him and had them print menus with his name at the top wishing him a happy 80th, outstanding! Even though we can stay for free at my father in laws the next time were in the area you can be sure that we’ll most likely stay at The Atlantic.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view, you won't regret it
Reviewed 23 December 2013

At arrival around 5.30 pm (on a Thursday) I was told that I had no booking at the hotel. It is a bad start for our Xmas vacation ! I asked the agent at the reception to check again but she told me that she had no booking for me and will not be able to check again before the next day when her colleague in charge of reservations will be back at the office. I show her a copy of my reservation email from American Express with my 6 night stay confirmed. My son started to be impatient in the lobby as the process was long for me to find the email. The agent told me that she can give me a room for the night (same category) and that the next day I need to come back to have confirmation that they have (or not) a booking for me for the rest of the stay. The same evening I called American Express Patinum travel asking them to call the hotel and speak directly with them. They called me back after to tell me that they have send the confirmed booking to the hotel again but the hotel receptionist was not able to help as the booking was not in her system.

When we arrived in the 1bd suite, the sofa bed was of course not ready with sheets and we called to request them. We received half of them (a duvet without a sheet ?) and called again. It was a bad start even so the suite is nice (small kitchen, living room with a view of the ocean if you stand in front of the window, bathroom with a shower (no bath) balcony with view. Nice.

The next morning I went twice to the reception before the agent was able to confirm that everything is now ok with my booking during my third visit.

Staff is nice (even so I am not sure that the check in and the follow up have been well taking care of), nice concierge, nice bellman (Jerome), nice team for the valet parking (28 dollars a day), smily people at the reception.

The room service was in fact not exactly a room service but more a delivery from the restaurant of the hotel (no plate, no cutlery, all in plastic container, you need to use everything from your kitchen in the suite)

The pool floor is OK (really windy, a pool and a hot tub) but lack of something. The beach opposite is not really nice as the street is noisy.

Because of the problem with the booking (I was told by American Express that the mistake come from the hotel and have never received an apologies) I will give 3 stars.

3  Thank Brooklyntotheworld
Reviewed 22 December 2013

As can happen with Florida Beachfront Hotels, the high volume runs them down faster than other hotels and so the Atlantic shows a bit of wear and yet why I valued my stay was the Staff and the surprising quality of the food. The pool area is tight and so at first glance I was concerned, but the pool staff was attentive with food and drink and I relaxed. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant also very good. The bed was very comfortable and oceanfront balcony was divine. The rooms again show the aging but I was quite content. Customer care wins the loyalty

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Atlantic for the first time. We had heard nothing but good things so we decided to give it a try. As you walk in you are greated by the friendliest staff. Tanika is full of smiles...and jokes, and is very helpfull.
At the pool, the 2 bartenders are nothing short of extraordinary. Vincent and Francisco are always there to serve, they are uber courtious and very pleasant to chat with. Cannot forget about Adam! From fresh towels to a warm hello, Adam makes sure you're having a blast.
Heidi is the director of operations. She is always around should you need help (which you most probably will never need).
The room was beautiful, clean and serviced to perfection daily.
Food was awesome, the eggs benedict are to die for... pool was awesome as well, heated at the perfect temperature. Great gym to "try" to stay in shape. I say try because we only went twice, given that the weather was beautiful and after all, we were on vacation. Very good spa as well.
Overall we highly recommend this hotel. We are thinking of having our wedding there!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple