“Great place. The staff makes this place worth every penny.”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and warm. We were always greeted with a smile. The room was cleaned twice a day. Everything was cleaned each day (balcony, rugs vacuumed, tub cleaned). This is the first hotel that we actually drank the coffee from the room. The room size was very nice. The living room and kitchen are separate from the bedrooms and bathroom. It has separate doors. It was gorgeous and spacious. I am a seasoned traveler and the service was spectacular. The management was very responsive to the few problems we ran into. The housekeeper Manager stopped by to personally visit our room in response to a complaint we made. Our view was great even though it was a view of the city. It was so pretty at night for our evening nightcap of wine. The restaurant food was OK. I thought the dinner menu was better than the breakfast menu but the drinks make up for the lack of variety. The service was great, fast and funny. We also ate at the pool once. We had a nice experience. Our two servers were Adam and Vince. They came to our chair to pick up our food order. And Adam bought an umbrella over to us. That was so nice. The drinks were great and sweet. They looked so good that my 3 year old wanted a daiquiri. So Vince made him a virgin one. My little one enjoyed the pool. It wasn't crowded. The car attendant was so nice. He even remembered that my son always pulled his suitcase with him everyday (his suitcase had his beach toys). The valet was fast. He always brought our bags to our room, even when our bags were only grocery bags. The concierge was helpful though for some reason she hand wrote us a list of restaurants in the areas. That was odd. It also seemed that she pushed the higher end restaurants. I thought the front desk was friendly and efficient. I was able to check in early without any additional fees. That may have been because I am a member of iprefer but I am not sure. Check in and check out was fast. I also liked that wireless Internet is free and they have a business center with desktop computers which is free (that was convenient because I deliberately left my laptop home). Also the hotel is quiet. Amazingly so. I didn't even hear the elevator and our room was right next to the elevator. I recommend staying here. Rent the suite. It's beautiful. You won't regret it.

2  Thank PhillyMomSmiles

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We went to the Atlantic in May 2013 on our honeymoon. What a great place! It was so clean and quiet with a beautiful pool, good food and accommodating staff. I would definitely go back. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We are very seasoned travelers and enjoy high end hotels/resorts. Will just mention a few key points

Positive
-room is gorgeous. Spacious. We had an ocean front king studio, very nice bed. The view was absolutely breath taking. We had a center room with large balcony. Which is something we used daily.

-concierge. - all friendly, helpful

-east end grille - servers and bartenders A+

-turn down service 4/5 nights. Left water and little treats. Very nice.

-front desk greeted us every time we walked in or out.

Things that Need some work:

-pool area service needs to be revamped. One bartender (every day was the same thing. We initially thought maybe someone called out sick- not the case)

Waited 20 mins while sitting at bar. Bartender seemed overwhelmed and mentioned on more than one occasion how he was only one there

-drinks in pool area were awful. Downright awful. I'm not sure why. Downstairs in restaurant we had fantastic drinks. We had really hoped to enjoy some frozen beverages by the pool and we were prepared to spend money on this. But after our first experience of overpriced inedible drinks. The liquor store down the street got our money.

Front desk doesn't always know what's going on. Pool closed one day due to a function. Front desk said it wasn't. According to a sign it was closed. We did not have a problem using the pool but how many people just walked away disappointed due to that sign?

Kids in pool, Throwing toys (my issue is probably more with their parents). But I'm pretty sure they were breaking a rule that should have been enforced.

Front desk is not really the place to ask about local area. We were told we could walk to the shops at Las Olas. Sure you can but it's 2.6 miles. Yes you can get to the Las Olas blvd in 25 mins but then you have quite a walk. Concierge knows WAYYYY better.

We definitely enjoyed our stay. We would go back. They NEED to clean that outside bar (pool area) as well...it has a bad smell and like I said before I think they are missing out on revenue by not attending to pool guests better. There's a big focus on events and selling units. That's fine and understandable. But you should also focus on those that are already giving you their money to stay.

Room Tip: Ocean front is the way to go. The view is amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed one night before our cruise!! The first and last time!!! We arrived about 1 pm after an all night flight the front desk girl said she would put a rush on the room. I told her no problem we will go get some lunch. Our cocktail was $16 each. (Not worth it) we came back after 2 the room was still not ready so we sat in the front lobby until 3 then asked again. They contacted house keeping and told us very soon. Still nothing at 4 pm so I asked if we could have another room at this point we had been up for more than 30 hours and just wanted to sleep. They were willing to give us a downgraded room for the same price. The cost of the room was almost $500 per night. We checked back at 430 still nothing. We were meeting people at 5 for supper and really needed a shower. So anyways we got a room at 530 thank god she put a rush on our room. We got the keys just as our company showed up. They did offer us a $50 resort credit. We ordered room service it took hour and a half but they gave us 2 extra beers. Husband went down to get us some drinks and for four half bottles Pepsi and 2 glasses of juice was $35. Worst service I have ever had. Thee is lots of hotels I would not waste my money here.

3  Thank Pokerdiva13
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I must first say that I think that this property may possibly be in transition from being repped by a different parent company, so perhaps that may account for some of the glitches I encountered during my stay. Now repped by the Preferred Hotel Group, it is in a class of small, luxury properties. What doesn't need to be fixed. The staff. Cannot say enough great things about all of them - they were wonderful. Reception, front desk, concierge, bell attendants, pool bartender, etc. All fantastic. Special kudos to the bell hops, as my friend was in a wheelchair and they went above and beyond to help her get around. Rooms are also lovely; beds are heavenly. Sleep quality was excellent (presumably double paned windows). When I checked in, there wa a hotel next door that was being torn down. It was standing the day I checked in, and when I woke up the next day, it had been demolished! Never heard a thing. Later found out it was the original Howard Johnson's Motor Lodge that was demo'd. Onto the things I would have expected for a hotel of this stature that were not there. No mini bar in the room. I stayed in an ocean view suite which had a full mini kitchenette. I thoroughly expected access to a mini bar when I arrived. No hotel guide in room. I had to constantly call front desk to ask for information. We ordered room service (breakfast). Very expensive and just average. Lunch at pool area was good. Pool area. Better pool towels needed. The towels were really just slightly larger than a bath towel. At a hotel of this stature, a nice, cushy bath sheet would be great. Back of the pool area/restaurant needed a good scrubbing. Trash can overflowing and area was dirty. All little details that should be attended to at this type of property. Fortunately, they are all easily fixable, given that you have the fantastic staff. I give this hotel a solid 4 stars, and would probably give them another half after they correct the small shortcomings. Atmosphere too casual to be considered a true 5 star property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nyackgirl47

We had a wonderful 2 days at the Atlantic Hotel. Outstanding service from
Every member of hotel staff - friendly, helpful, lovely people. The pool is wonderful and it was great to take a swim under the moon and stars. The beach is across the street and since you are a bit north of the center of the tourist area it is not too crowded. Our room was clean and beyond our expectations with a full kitchenette, huge bathroom and super comfortable beds and quality linens. We look forward to returning soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

wonderful hotel for a few days away from the cold. The front desk staff was quick, helpful, and very friendly. We got an ocean view room with a balcony and it was spectacular. I am a snob about hotel rooms too; I typically stay at the Ritz, Four Seasons, etc and this room reminded me very much of them. It was very large with a separate sink/mini bar/fridge, a large bathroom with double sinks, a tub, shower and separate toilet, two double beds, and a large desk. The view of the beach was beautiful and it was just a few steps across the road to access it.

The pool area was very nice as well, but you should get there early to get a good area as people seem to put their towels down and then come and go throughout the day. The pool also becomes completely shaded by 3pm, so i found it was best to go to the pool in the morning and switch to the beach in the afternoon.

The beach area was fantastic, but I did not like having to pay extra for a chair and umbrella. For two chairs and an umbrella it was $50, which I wish was included in the hotel price. The beach itself is great. Typical south Florida beach with white sand and semi-clear water.

The area is pretty quiet...it is a $10 pedicab ride each way to get to the closest area of restaurants/bars or a 15-20 minute walk.

The beach bar next door had great drinks and food and was very inexpensive.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for a quiet stay in Fort Lauderdale. Perfect for romance, a girls trip, or for an escape for yourself!

Room Tip: ocean view room with balcony is perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends