They charge over $30 just for an umbrella and a chair on the beach. When you go to a nice hotel and they charge you for stupid stuff it's just bad business (BTW I'm a business school professor at a top school). When you're hot and wanting some shade, even if for just 10 minutes to cool down, some dude comes by and demands money. It's just low-class.
I've stayed at the Hilton and they are similarly bad. I've also stayed at the Westin and they are better - they also have a nicer and more fun pool. The Pelican down the beach is also better in that regard. If you're okay with being treated like a second-class citizen, the place is nice otherwise. I'd go with the Westin or Pelican if I had to choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale