“Pool service”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My favorite thing about this hotel was the poolside service and location. Francisco took care of our large group and really left us feeling like we were catered to. Great views of the ocean too! The food at the hotel restaurant is really good too! and most of the menu is available poolside

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosefamily4
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Rosefamily, Thank you for being our guests. We are delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay - especially the pool service. Francisco is fantastic. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent 4 nights here with my wife and 3 month old baby on May 4th to 8th. We originally reserved a king room with a balcony facing the ocean but were upgraded to a suite. We stayed in room 501 which is located on the same level as the pool and spa. The location of the room was perfect for us because we didn't have to worry about the baby disturbing the neighbors because there weren't any. Also, being so close to the pool allowed us to easily claim our chairs for lounging by the pool.
Overall we enjoyed our stay because the room was clean, staff was friendly and the location of the hotel is fairly close to some very good restaurants.

Room Tip: 501 is a suite located on the pool deck. It is secluded from the rest of the rooms and you actually...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seth K
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Seth, Thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed yourselves. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 days with 7 other girls for a moms getaway. Nice hotel, great bedding and showers. Poolside service was awesome. Ask for francisco, he was professional and fun. Spa service was also amazing.....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Danielle, We are thrilled that you and the girls had a wonderful time and especially enjoyed the pool service. Thank you for choosing the Atlantic. We all hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights here and left this morning. Stayed April 30 - May 3. We're in our early 30s and traveled for a quick weekend getaway alone. I live by Trip Advisor when booking trips so I felt like I needed to write a thorough review of our trip.

What a beautiful place and wonderful experience! Every member of The Atlantic's staff was top notch - friendly, knowledgable, energetic and ready to help. The fridge in our room wasn't working - we called the front desk asking for bucket of ice to keep things cold then minutes later both a bucket of ice AND a new fridge showed up at the door! Very impressed.

The hotel sits across the street from the beach. Some of the pics on their website don't clearly show this. You'll have to cross four lanes of traffic to get to the beach. Not a big deal, but don't expect a hotel sitting on the ocean.

Cleanliness - Bathrooms, hallways, elevators, rooms, balconies, pool area, gym, etc were in excellent condition.

Beach & Pool: The beach wasn't as nice as we hoped for - very very narrow beach that sits literally free away from A1A (street). If you wanted a longer chair and umbrella the cost was $50 a day. Absolute robbery of tourist. The pool area was very nice. The pool bar had reasonably price food (tasted good too). Alcohol was $6 for a beer and $12 for a mixed drink. One of the pool area bar tenders, Fransico, was such a trooper! He showed interest in the guest (why they were there, their "story", etc). He joked with the guests and was so kind. The Atlantic needs to keep this guy around! Valuable asset to keeping guests happy. The pool isn't very big and the hot tub is tiny. But since we were there during the week we didn't feel it was too crowded. They do need way more lounge chairs though. Not nearly enough. Fortunately, there's a staff member who monitors the chairs and doesn't allow people to "save" seats. If no one has been there for 45min they lose their "saved for later" lounge chair. Good rule.

This resort is not filled with drunk spring breakers and is not packed with kids running around. It seemed to be a more refined crowd: people in their 30s-60s. Mostly couples or families with older children in their late teens/twenties, women on girls vacations. Fun pool crowd, not obnoxious, but not super quiet and boring either. We found it to be a great combo - fun and lively, but not obnoxious or bothersome.

Used the fitness center a couple times. Very nice! There's also a great sidewalk that goes along A1A which sits on the beach. Perfect for running and walking.

Recommendations:
Go to Publix and get groceries (deli meat, bread, bottled water, etc). You'll save a ton of money. Casablanca is a wonderful restaurant that's a 10min walk. Dinner prices avg $20-30 a plate.
Water taxi is a must! Go after 5pm and it's $15 per person. Hop on and off as you please and see different parts of Ft Lauderdale. You'll also see $30-$60 million dollar mansions and $100m+ yachts! You'll see houses that belong to celebrities too. Pretty cool. Bring a drink with you!
Las Cabos - take the water taxi here. Really pretty little area with tons of upscale restaurants and shops.

We had an excellent time and highly recommend both the Atlantic and the water taxi!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Gracie413
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Gracie, Thanks for this great review! You may have a future as a travel writer. Thanks for your thoughtful insights and for recognizing the contributions of our invaluable staff like Francisco. There are lots of hotels in Fort Lauderdale and I am grateful that you chose ours. I hope that you will visit again. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We just stayed one night....making a cruise the next day. BUT....it was lovely.
Our room was huge...the bathroom was huge....clean, comfrotable and charming.
The restaurant in the hotel was as wonderful....service-top notch.....food excellent.
Everybody was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I would say ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dinnerand, Thank you so much for your praise. I am delighted that you enjoyed our oversized rooms. I hope that you will return again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

They charge over $30 just for an umbrella and a chair on the beach. When you go to a nice hotel and they charge you for stupid stuff it's just bad business (BTW I'm a business school professor at a top school). When you're hot and wanting some shade, even if for just 10 minutes to cool down, some dude comes by and demands money. It's just low-class.

I've stayed at the Hilton and they are similarly bad. I've also stayed at the Westin and they are better - they also have a nicer and more fun pool. The Pelican down the beach is also better in that regard. If you're okay with being treated like a second-class citizen, the place is nice otherwise. I'd go with the Westin or Pelican if I had to choose.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank happytravelernp

I am sorry that you were disappointed by the policies of our public beach. Unfortunately, the umbrellas and chairs on the beach are managed by the exclusive agent of our City and we are unable to to control pricing. We remain committed to not charging our guests for basic amenities as we have no resort fee and our Internet is complimentary. Thank you for passing on these comments and for being our guest.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went here at Xmas 2013 and spent a couple of days here with my family before joining our cruise ship. The hotel was great, our rooms were excellent and enjoyed my stay. My issue is that 4 months after returning, this hotel debited my credit card for both rooms of our stay even though we had prepaid by booking through Virgin. I received no phone call from them to say they were going to do this.
I then had to phone the hotel and send about 6/7 emails as they couldn't find any invoice with Virgin. Once they realised their mistake (after three calls and about 4 emails) they then returned the money but did not take in to account the exchange rate and so left me short of funds and so meant sending more emails.
After another couple of emails they sent through some more money but still left me short. I even copied the General Manager on the last few emails but have had no apology from him and very little sympathy from the rest of the staff.
Definitely won't be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jalo1972

I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately, dealing with a third-party agent can impose complications for the traveler and the hotel. Please know that we are committed to our guests' satisfaction and are willing to invest resources in resolving issues with those third parties.