“Great Birthday weekend”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I can't praise this hotel enough. Just returned from a two day birthday weekend celebration and I think this hotel is five star all the way! From the warm check in, amazing service by Adam at the pool and a fabulous lunch at Beauty and the Feast I could not fault this hotel in any way! It far exceeded my expectations and as a local I will be back to take in the amazing views and superior service! Loved it! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are thrilled that you were able to spend your birthday celebration with us and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that you spend all your birthdays with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,067)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although the staff were great, the room was awful and the food was hit and miss. Our rooms air-conditioning was not operating properly and we were literally sweating through the night. The unit was unrepairable and there was no other room available so we spent a miserable 3 nights of uncomfortable sleep. Our walls were also paper thin and we could hear the people in the next room having a general conversation. I called the front desk and told them I did not want them to disturb the other guests because they were doing nothing wrong, but even with earplugs (apparently not very good ones) I could still hear everything they were saying. Once again, no other room so no sleep.

There is no vent in the bathroom so you have to leave the door open or you come out of the bath or shower and sweat. This could also be because the general room temperature was always hot but a vent would probably help.

The food was hit and miss. Sometimes we'd have something fabulous, like the fish taco's, and then other times our pancakes (something very simple to make) were like rubber.

The spa did not keep its posted hours (opened late, closed early) but the massage was wonderful.

The staff were the utmost professional, that's why I hate writing this review. They need to keep the people but fix the building.

Room Tip: Do not get a connecting room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank P H
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We are sorry for the experience you had and I would appreciate it if you would call me at the hotel at your convenience. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The customer service and the rooms were outstanding. The front desk assisted us with everything we ask for and were very courteous, if I ever stay in Fort Lauderdale again I will not hesitate to stay here again and I will recommend it to my family and friends. I stayed there because I was waiting to get on a cruise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. See you on your next cruise!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Arrived on Saturday- great hotel, staff very welcoming and pleasant. Room excellent as is room service. Over the weekend absolutely no complaints but come Monday morning building work started at 7.30 in the empty hotel to the left. Really noisy work going on where we were unable to go onto the balcony through the day. We were not informed when booking and to be fair haven't complained to the hotel. The hotel is well sound proofed so as long as you're not bothered about being on the balcony your stay will be excellent

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 727Mandy

We apologize about the construction next door. I have actually called the company to ask them if they would be able to begin later in the morning but unfortunately the response I received wasn't very helpful. I understand that the outside construction will be minimal in the future since the building is already built. We are happy however that you did enjoy your stay despite the construction.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My boyfriend and I had the best trip at the Atlantic Hotel and Spa! The staff is extremely nice and they completely exceeded my expectations! The front desk gave us drink tickets and the hosted a party on Friday the 13th which was my birthday. We used the Spa which is first class. The view from the 5th floor is great and the pool with the bar is a wonderful to hang out rain or shine.

You have to see SHERYL LUKE, Chef Concierge/Guest Relation's Manger. She made the experience so lovely! We did a tour of Miami and had a wonderful time. I highly suggest the tour if you have never been to Miami! All around a unique and amazing experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so happy that you enjoyed the Full Moon party on your birthday. Sheryl is amazing and always strives to make our guests stay as perfect as possible. All birthdays should be celebrated and festive. Can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

On June 13, my husband and I were married in Fort Lauderdale with a small wedding party. The Atlantic Hotel went above and beyond to accommodate us for a cocktail hour and cake-cutting ceremony - with only one week notice! Danny and Sheryl were fantastic and really accommodated all of our requests, from a private space in the bar area for our party to helping us select a romantic honeymoon suite! The staff was attentive and friendly, even though the hotel was also hosting a much larger event happening on the same evening. We felt as though our group was top priority.
Many thanks to the Atlantic Hotel & Spa!
A very happy Bride and Groom - Nick and Danielle

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your wedding! Danny and Sheryl were so thrilled to be a part of your special day. We hope to see you on your one year anniversary.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The most perfect location! This hotel is tops for a laid back luxury experience. Right on the beach, rooms with a balcony look out to crystalline blue sea. Clean rooms and facilities. Also close to shops and nightlife. Our room had a kitchenette which was nice for packing beach lunches. Concierge service is very helpful!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for writing your nice comments and we are so happy you had a great Girls Weekend!