“June 2014”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good hotel right on the beach at Fort Lauderdale but far enough away (a mile or so) from the main drag, Walking distance to many hotels and resturants
Breakfast was included with room - Limited choice from the Menu (4-5 items) but perfectly adequite for the 7 days we spent here
Actually eat in the Hotel for evening meal twice which is something we rarely do but it was fine
The Hotel itself is a good but not up to the star standard claimed (in reference to other hotels) but perfectly adequite.
Wifi service was patchy

Room Tip: High as possible and away from the lift
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for you comments and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and meals in our restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a fabulous hotel. I'm usually very picky when it comes to staying in a hotel, but the Atlantic did not disappoint. I was very happy. The hotel was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. My husband and I originally were going to rent a car, but because of the great location we didn't have to. The hotel is located right on the beach. You are close to everything that you need. You can take the trolley for only $1 to most places. The view from the room was awesome! You get great views of the beach. The service was perfect. Manny and Robby were very helpful. All the staff went above and beyond. I felt very regal staying at this hotel and will defiantly stay here during my next visit. Thanks for the great hospitality.

The Harris'

1  Thank SHarris2014

We truly appreciate your nice comments about our Team and Hotel. Robby and Manny were happy to assist and were thrilled they were mentioned. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I can't praise this hotel enough. Just returned from a two day birthday weekend celebration and I think this hotel is five star all the way! From the warm check in, amazing service by Adam at the pool and a fabulous lunch at Beauty and the Feast I could not fault this hotel in any way! It far exceeded my expectations and as a local I will be back to take in the amazing views and superior service! Loved it! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are thrilled that you were able to spend your birthday celebration with us and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that you spend all your birthdays with us!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although the staff were great, the room was awful and the food was hit and miss. Our rooms air-conditioning was not operating properly and we were literally sweating through the night. The unit was unrepairable and there was no other room available so we spent a miserable 3 nights of uncomfortable sleep. Our walls were also paper thin and we could hear the people in the next room having a general conversation. I called the front desk and told them I did not want them to disturb the other guests because they were doing nothing wrong, but even with earplugs (apparently not very good ones) I could still hear everything they were saying. Once again, no other room so no sleep.

There is no vent in the bathroom so you have to leave the door open or you come out of the bath or shower and sweat. This could also be because the general room temperature was always hot but a vent would probably help.

The food was hit and miss. Sometimes we'd have something fabulous, like the fish taco's, and then other times our pancakes (something very simple to make) were like rubber.

The spa did not keep its posted hours (opened late, closed early) but the massage was wonderful.

The staff were the utmost professional, that's why I hate writing this review. They need to keep the people but fix the building.

Room Tip: Do not get a connecting room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank P H

We are sorry for the experience you had and I would appreciate it if you would call me at the hotel at your convenience. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The customer service and the rooms were outstanding. The front desk assisted us with everything we ask for and were very courteous, if I ever stay in Fort Lauderdale again I will not hesitate to stay here again and I will recommend it to my family and friends. I stayed there because I was waiting to get on a cruise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. See you on your next cruise!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Arrived on Saturday- great hotel, staff very welcoming and pleasant. Room excellent as is room service. Over the weekend absolutely no complaints but come Monday morning building work started at 7.30 in the empty hotel to the left. Really noisy work going on where we were unable to go onto the balcony through the day. We were not informed when booking and to be fair haven't complained to the hotel. The hotel is well sound proofed so as long as you're not bothered about being on the balcony your stay will be excellent

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 727Mandy

We apologize about the construction next door. I have actually called the company to ask them if they would be able to begin later in the morning but unfortunately the response I received wasn't very helpful. I understand that the outside construction will be minimal in the future since the building is already built. We are happy however that you did enjoy your stay despite the construction.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My boyfriend and I had the best trip at the Atlantic Hotel and Spa! The staff is extremely nice and they completely exceeded my expectations! The front desk gave us drink tickets and the hosted a party on Friday the 13th which was my birthday. We used the Spa which is first class. The view from the 5th floor is great and the pool with the bar is a wonderful to hang out rain or shine.

You have to see SHERYL LUKE, Chef Concierge/Guest Relation's Manger. She made the experience so lovely! We did a tour of Miami and had a wonderful time. I highly suggest the tour if you have never been to Miami! All around a unique and amazing experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so happy that you enjoyed the Full Moon party on your birthday. Sheryl is amazing and always strives to make our guests stay as perfect as possible. All birthdays should be celebrated and festive. Can't wait to see you next year!