We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Atlantic, and I can honestly say that we will not be returning!
We had booked an ocean front studio for my son and his friend, and an ocean view suite for my wife and me. The view from the suite was part ocean, and full on construction site, with all the associated noise starting at 6am. After complaining, we were moved the next day to an ocean front studio, so no suite for us The room was very large and comfortable, but we continually had to ask for coffee and tea to be replenished. Also, the standard of cleaning left much to be desired, considering this is a 4 1/2 star hotel.
Next to the pool area.. For the 2 weeks that we were there, never once was the pool deck area washed down. We saw stains from spilt drinks and food from day one until we left. The cushions were collected in each night, and put back out in the morning, but really were quite disgusting, with probably months of sweaty bodies being on them. The pool bar, which was usually manned by only one person, usually didn't open until well after 10am, and shut before 5pm. The only thing that was done each night was the sun beds being re-aligned, which didn't take too long, as there wasn't that many to move. The pool, which is really quite small for a hotel of this size, deepest point in the middle being 4 ft, was definitely not cleaned out every night, perhaps every 3rd night.
The front desk staff were always very polite and helpful. Robby is a hoot! We were disappointed that the concierge kept all the pamphlets etc. on things to do and places to go locked away. It is nice to browse through those things in your own time.
As to the location, it is a very hot 15 to 20 minutes walk to the nearest tourist type restaurants and tacky beach shops, unless you want to dine in the very expensive hotels nearby. We needed to talk to a pharmacist one day, and had to get a cab there and back, which cost $25. You really need to rent a car, which then costs $30 dollars a night to park!
For the last 3 years, we have stayed at the Hyatt in Clearwater while on holiday, and I'm sorry to say that there is no comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale