“Just Okay”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Considered giving four stars, but took one off for daunted expectations. This is a nice and well-located hotel, with mostly comfortable facilities and a very attentive staff. Yet there were many small problems over the course of a four-night stay, including with room cleanliness, fixtures and failed engineering work, and messages promised to be conveyed but never received. About time for an upscale hotel to replace the old CRT TVs, as well as borderline grungy carpets as others have noted. Significant noise from neighboring rooms and hallway at times. Also, pool is quite small and was often crowded. At $28/day valet and $14/day in-room wifi, along with pricey food and drink, costs can skyrocket. They offered upgrade to a suite upon check-in, but we took a look and did not find it superior, esp as it faced down rather than toward the beach, and the balcony was no larger than the king oceanview in which we stayed. It's difficult to give thumbs down at a place where the friendly staff clearly try hard, but in the end their efforts came up short. I'll be looking elsewhere next time in FLL.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 6 July 2009

My most recent stay was my second stay at the Atlantic. I liked it so much , when I was there in June, as soon as I came home I planned a return. Overall, the hotel is wondeful. 24 hour room service, fruit and coffee in the lobby, Everything is presented very beautifully. Nice stay, great amenities. I stayed in a King Oceanfront Suite (basically a one bedroom apartment with two bathrooms - it was huge and had two bathrooms (1200sq ft). The regular King Rooms are very large as well. 600sq. ft) at regular rate plus free breakfast (what a steal!!!)
My only cons are, Parking is $28 per day which is a little pricey but it comes with the territory and the pool ONLY goes up to 4 feet. Good thing I love the beach. I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EnGee1976
Reviewed 29 June 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Atlantic for a girls getaway. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I arrived at 1 pm (check-in is 4) and was given a room right away. The room was large, comfortable. The only negative I would say is the carpet needed to be replaced. The hotel does not offer beach chairs/umbrellas, however, you can get towels and water to take to the beach. We ate breakfast every morning at Trina. Terrific food and service (thanks, Jared!). Hotel staff - extremely nice and helpful. Sonny recommended an amazing restaurant and nightlife on Las Olas. He got us dinner reservations last minute and had a cab waiting for us when we were ready to go. The hotel was extremely quiet (and we were even located directly above the pool). We were given a late check-out with no questions or hassle and we continued to enjoy the pool and spa until our departure to the airport. Thank you to everyone at the Atlantic for an amazing weekend getaway!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank jmonte96
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We stayed at the Atlantic in March and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Right on the main strip across from the beach . The beds are the most comfortable. Fresh juice in the lobby all day long.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mainella_Family
Reviewed 26 June 2009

The hotel's service was incredible....the hotel lobby was quite dark, which I didn't care for....I didn't eat at Trina, but the restaurant looked great!! The hotel room was extremely nice and the housekeeping was excellent!! The view from the room was very nice as well....and the room was ultra comfortable...I was more comfortable in the hotel room than in my own home, while watching TV.....very pleasant experience overall, I would recommend this hotel to travelers going to Fort Lauderdale....the pool was small, but with the ocean right there, the pool is almost not needed. We never used it....we were in the ocean everyday.....the ocean is super clean and clear and the beach is absolutely gorgeous!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lockin
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in while vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale. When we arrived they upgraded us to a suite. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The rooms have kitchens with stove tops, microwave, sink and dishes and utensils. We saved a lot of money by going to the grocery store and cooking our breakfast and lunch instead of paying to eat out which can get pricey. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The valet staff was very fast and always asked if we needed directions getting to our destination. We ran out of coffee one morning and called for some....they were at our door within 5 minutes and then they called the room to make sure we were satisfied with the coffee and asked if we needed anything else. They also provide free wi-fi service. The location is great....right across the street from the beach and the pool area is beautiful as well. It's on the 5th floor roof top overlooking the ocean. I would definitely recommend stayiing at this hotel on your visit to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JLCMass
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I'd highly recommend this place if you have the money to spend. Valet parking is mandatory and cost about $30/day + tips whenever you come & go. Upon arrival we were given bottled water, the lobby smelt great, and was dark and romantic, very clean! Everyone was friendly, we were treated great! There's a nice bar on-site - we never ate or drank there so I can't give my take on that. The gym is pretty nice actually, I was suprised because hotels usually have crappy gyms. The roof top pool & area is gorgeous and we didn't have to play the chair game at all! There was free lemon water by the pool, however I couldn't get a coffee for free in the morning, I don't believe internet is free either. Our room had a fridge & microwave that we used a lot - they put out a tray of candies & fill your fridge, but obviously that's never free. The location was great, we walked to Beach Place a couple of times.

I guess over-all I expected that for the price we paid to stay there, there would be the odd thing "included" but nothing was included. What's funny about this trip was our flight ended up getting cancelled until the next day, and we had to sleep at the Holiday Inn Express for the night for cheap....and guess what!! Parking - Free, Internet - Free, Coffee/Tea in the lobby - Free, Fridge in the room full of water - FREE!!! Who ever said you get more when you pay more....you get much less actually. :) Although we did get a great location, and great roof top pool. It was a great experience....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple