“Great boutique hotel! And Great Location!”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Jacksonville Beach, FL
“Great boutique hotel! And Great Location!”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My husband and I were here for a long weekend getaway. The hotel staff was very nice and accomadating. Our room was huge with the bedroom being separate form living area and small kitchen is provided. The balcony looked right out to the Atlantic ocean but was very smal balcony. My husband and I both had to turn sideways to get around the chairs and table. This was not an oceanfront room so next time I would stay in an Oceanfront room. The pool area is small and quiet. This is a relaxing quiet boutique hotel. Not for the party people. I did have a chance to use the spa and for a pedicure and manicure. This is not the place to get thisdone. The staff were not friendly and you felt like they had somewhere else to be the whole time. No extra's and I had a glass of water that stayed empty to the whole time, I was waiting for someone to offer me more water but never happened. I do recommend the hotel but not the spa. This is also in a great location. In walking distance to a ton of amazing restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
fllconcierge, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2010
Dear WeekenderFL,

It is great to see you enjoyed a weekend away with us at The Atlantic Resort & Spa. Thank you for choosing us for an in-state vacation, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to see you enjoyed all of the special touches that make The Atlantic a great place to unwind. We are proud to offer some of the best amenities to our guests, including our Spa. It is disappointing to see that you found any member of our staff less than accommodating, please rest assured that our new director of spa is working hard to ensure our high service standard is upheld and improved! We hope to welcome you back to Spa Atlantic for a relaxing break again sometime soon. Remember, you can always enjoy the private lounge area (sauna, steam and jacuzzi) anytime you stay with us!

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and thank you for your support of The Atlantic Resort & Spa!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cumbria
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We only stayed one night , so can only comment the room and the restaurant, didn't get the chance to try any of the other amenities.

The location is great, right on the seafront, our room and balcony had great views over the pool and across the beach to the ocean, it can't be far from the port as we saw all the cruise ships departing late afternoon.

The room is the largest (non-suite) I think we've ever had, very spacious and well equipped. However whilst it was very clean and everything worked, if you looked, there were signs of age and use showing, nothing too major, but it's not too far off needing some refurbishment.

The restaurant "trina" was excellent, great food, staff and ambiance and not that expensive - can't fault it.

All the staff we dealt with were good, but I'd say the restaurant staff, especially our waiter Stanley, deserved special praise for being very knowledgeable and friendly, with some very good recommendations and attentive without being intrusive.

Dear BigAlCumbria,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The Atlantic Resort & Spa, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall.

Special thanks for recognizing our ambassadors for the exceptional service that each of us strives to provide to our guests. Thank you for recognizing Stanley in Trina for the exceptional care he provided. Your comments will be shared with our team and are very motivational!

I am happy to inform you that we are in the final phases of a minor renovation in the hotel that involves refurbishing all guest room furniture, replacing our balcony chairs and re-decorating our hallways. Thankfully, none of these projects have proven to be inconveniences to our guests, as our engineering department is working to ensure comfort for all of our guests. I am glad to see you enjoyed watching the ships depart at night, one of my favorite things to do as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your experience at The Atlantic Resort & Spa, it is wonderful to see that you had a nice time. I hope that when you are in the area again that you will chosse to stay with us. Please contact me any time: pmcgannon@atlantichotelfl.com. It is a pleasure to be of service.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2010

The Atlantic Hotel is a wonderful find. I have stayed in multiple locations in the Lauderdale area, and this was by far the best.

The staff at the Atlantic superior to almost any hotel at which I've stayed. I received personal attention, and felt welcome from arrival to departure. It's rare to find a hotel of its size, where efforts of the staff to make your stay "personalized" are felt at every turn. This probably sets the Atlantic apart more so than any other of its wonderful qualities.

The rooms are extremely spacious, modern, and well-appointed. The ocean views are stunning, and the beds are extremely comfortable. I was an an ocean suite, and was amazed at the square footage. The rooms, along with the grounds, were very clean.

The pool has spectacular views of the coast. The poolside cafe/bar has "made-to-order" food, a knowledgeable staff, and fits its purpose nicely. The European-style spas, adjacent to the pool, rival any I've seen. If you're looking for a little relaxation, you'll certainly find it here.

Location is great...Las Olas is a quick cab ride away, and there are also shops/restaurants within walking distance. The oceanside bar next door is quaint, and the food there is extremely affordable. Concierge is as gracious and knowledgeable as they come.

If you're looking for a great stay in the FTL area, I would highly recommend the Atlantic. It's probably not the best place for children, but is otherwise a worthy addition to the coast.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear ColumbusOSU1,

Wow! Thank you for hitting the nail on the head with your review. Your experience is exactly what every member of our team strives for at The Atlantic Resort & Spa. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed the specialties of our property that seperate us from other hotels.

We do pride the fact that while we are a small boutique style property, we offer every amenity you would expect from a large beach resort. From our Full Service Salon & Spa to our 2 restaurants, Concierge Service, Business Center, 24 hour in-room dining, and complimentary Fitness Center & Mens/Womens lounge (w/ Private Sauna, Steam & Jacuzzi), we offer a product that certainly stands up to some of our larger counterparts. We are actually the only hotel in Fort Lauderdale that allows our guests complimentary access to our Sauna, Steam and Jacuzzi facilities (no resort fees here).

Most importantly, thank you for complimenting our ambassadors. We all work as one team with the common goal of taking personal care of all of our guests needs. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed the friendly and empowered attitude that we value and encourage.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Atlantic the nex time you are in the Fort Lauderdale area, please contact me any time: pmcgannon@atlantichotelfl.com. Thanks again for taking the time to review your experience, and thank you for your business.

UK
Reviewed 9 October 2010

This hotel delivers on every level, the location is perfect right across the road from the beach, the staff are very helpful, the rooms are huge and comfortable and Trina (the restaurant) is first rate.

Dear major_delays,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Atlantic Resort & Spa, and more importantly, thank you for your business!

It is wonderful to see you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for the kind words and praise of our hotel. Whenever your travels bring you to South Florida, we hope you will remember The Atlantic, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, please contact me any time: pmcgannon@atlantichotelfl.com.

Thanks again for the kind review!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 2 nights because we found a low priced internet deal. The room was very nice. We were near the top with a view of the ocean. We had a balcony and it was really nice to look at the ocean for 2 days. The beds were nice. The bathrooms are massive.

The bottom of my shower didn't work properly and water would leave the shower and flow out into the hallway. I called maintenance just to let them know. I didn't mind it, but thought someone might get hurt someday by slipping. 5 minutes after I called maintenance was there, and the head engineer showed up a few minutes later. They weren't able to fix it then. I really didn't mind and expressed it to them. Regardless, the building engineer treated me and my girlfriend to breakfast the next morning in their restaurant. The food was awesome.

If I could afford to stay here more often I would. I have stayed in many 4 star hotels in the past. My only problem was that parking is too expensive. You can park down the street, just be careful because you might get ticketed.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear builds4fun,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Atlantic Resort & Spa during your recent visit to Fort Lauderdale, and thank you for taking time to share your wonderful experience! We are thrilled to see you enjoyed all of the wonderful features that make The Atlantic a special place to stay. It is even better to see that you enjoyed the fine service provided by our ambassadors. Your kind comments will be shared with our team.

Thank you for letting us know about the plumbing issue you encountered during your stay. I am glad to see that the service provided by our engineers was reflective of the high standard we aim to provide. Our team of Engineers are certainly professional and caring, so it is great to see that you appreciated their service. It is also nice to see that you enjoyed our new Brunch menu at Trina Restaurant, this great menu is available every day from 7am-3pm...no need to rush in the mornings for breakfast...sleep in!

It is a great pleasure to see your stay with us was everything you hoped it would be. Please keep us in mind when you are in Fort Lauderdale again. We are constantly running promotions and sales for our previous guests, so if you have not already done so, please contact me directly so we may put your email in our directory: pmcgannon@atlantichotefl.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and thank you for your business.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2010

First of all when we checked in our room was not ready till 5pm and also was given a room with a cut off view and Disabled bathroom even though we requested very early on to our booking a great room as was a special occasion. Finally moved to another room which we loved ....great view and fantastic size but had a rough worn bed which needs to be replaced so three nights of bad sleep till we changed over to another room which for our last three nights was fantastic. Hotel itself is great though rooms and hallways are the let down as looking a little shabby. The staff are fantastic especially Jodi Novosel on the frontdesk who was excellent through our stay and went out of her way for us. So really this is a hard one to rate as Great Staff, location and facilities, and room size is amazing...just a little worn such as lampshades bed and wallpaper etc.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
fllconcierge, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Dear mfoundas,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Atlantic Resort and Spa, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to see that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us.

I am sorry to see that you found certain aspects of the hotel disappointing. However, I am happy to report that many of the issues you noticed are currently being rectified. Our hallways have recently been updated, adding a fresh look to the public areas of our hotel. We have also completed a refurbishment of all of the furniture in the rooms, touching up the wear and tear that naturally happens during 6 years of operation. Certainly appreciated is your feedback regarding Jodi, our Front Desk Supervisor. I am glad to see you enjoyed the exceptional service that Jodi provides, she is an amazing part of our team!

The next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale, I hope you will once again stay at The Atlantic. Please contact me the next time you are in town, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. Thanks again for your business and for your feedback!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed at the Atlantic this past weekend. I booked one of the corner suites which was priced well below the Atlantic's counterparts in the area. The hotel may not be as "hip" or "sexy" as the others around, but it is actually quite peaceful and tranquil.

I truly relaxed during my stay; the staff was super attentive and hassle-free. Both room-service and Trina offer really good food, and is reasonably priced. The rooms are very well appointed, but lack some of the refinements of its counterparts (i.e. small tub, dated wallpaper in bathrooms, bad quality TV service, lacking iPod docking station, etc). The lobby and pool area are quiet... perhaps too quiet and a little boring; it just lacks excitement.

In conclusion, the main issue for travelers is going to be what kind of environment they want to be in. If you are looking for the "party scene", stay at the W... "family scene" the Hilton, "posh scene" the Ritz, and finally the "not part of the rest scene" the Atlantic.

As a side note to the property managers: the hotel is in great shape and provides excellent service, but its eventually going to need a little TLC to match its competitors (i.e. pressure wash exterior of building, replace wallpaper on bathrooms with paint or tile, update in-room sound system or include iPod docking station, and upgrade cable TV service). Regarding the "excitement factor", all it takes is selecting the proper music and dimming of the lights in the lobby to create a different atmosphere.

Dear eg450,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Atlantic Resort & Spa, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience! It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed all of the attributes that make The Atlantic a wonderful place for a relaxing getaway. As a smaller luxury boutique hotel, we are proud to offer a unique product. It is amazing to see you appreciated the ladies and gentlemen that work here as well! We are proud to have such wonderful individuals on our team to take care of our guests. We will take your comments into consideration as we continue developing our product to ensure that we offer all of the conveniences that our guests appreciate. We do have plans for an exterior renovation within the next year to maintain the signature architecture that sets The Atlantic apart.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay with us. If you are in the area again, please contact me, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Atlantic.