“Don't ask the staff for too much help...or else you're outta there!”

Silver Seas Beach Resort
Ranked #94 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't ask the staff for too much help...or else you're outta there!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family had been staying at Silver Seas for years. Every year, sometimes twice a year we rented for a week or more each visit. The 5 star service began to change as the management changed. As the changes occured...so did the quality of the stays. I suffered quite a horrible illness and required a very long ICU stay. Upon discharge from the hospital, I looked foward to my vacation. Well, after a long drive from Boston (I couldn't fly due to my lung surgery) I checked in with security and immediately gagged when I entered. The room stunk of sour milk and there were dead bugs all over the kitchen. I cleaned as much as I could and the next day had the cleaning staff come do it better. I gave the woman, that I had now known for years, an extra $20 for the assistance. I stayed, enjoyed the recuperation and went home. A year later, and still ill enough to require a walker and cane, I returned with the children and it was a late arrival. I again checked in with security and again, needed to clean my room...this time a filtyh bathroom with urine all over the toilet and hair everywhere including the tub and sink. The dead bugs in the refridgerator were gross enough but old condiments and food left behind by the last guest were just extra. Anyway, I asked for the room to be cleaned the next morning and this time she refused, saying I asked her last time too. I explained that my illness prevented me from cleaning other peoples urine and after about an hour of discussion with her and the manager, I was asked to leave. I was ill and alone with my 3 children 1500 miles away from home and with nowhere to stay. There was NO availability due to Spring Break so I was basically left to sleep in my auto for 2 days before finally catching a break, someone caring enough about my story to offer me a room in a TOP name, 5 star hotel for 1/2 price for the remainder of our stay! My point is....be careful with your requests, you never know what might happen...................But the location is PERFECT!!

Room Tip: Ask about any special needs up front
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank SurgicalMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed at the Silver Seas resort the week of 10/9/10. As other reviews have stated this is a nice resort, nothing fancy, clean, great location within walking distance of bars, restaurants, and shopping, and a friendly staff. A few of the things we didn’t like are the pool was not being heated even though it has a heater. The water was colder than our pool at home in New England which is unheated. The week before was very stormy and this may have attributed to the cold water. Others complained to the staff but nothing was done. The water pressure in the shower is very weak and takes forever to get hot. There’s lounge chairs on the beach from a private vendor that you can use for a fee along with umbrellas. That’s great if you’re going to be at the beach all day but expensive if you want to go for just a couple hours. I would suggest the resort have a dozen or so folding chairs the guests could sign out the same way they do towels to take to the beach. This would be a great service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank pals165
Montreal
Reviewed 23 September 2010

The resort is small and quiet. At walking distance from the bars and restaurants. Two streets only from Casablanca Café. In front, a beautiful beach. The interior of the unit is clean. The bathroom is small. Big bedroom with a king size bed. Walk-in and safe to store your clothes and precious things. Internet wi-fi, 2 televisions. There is a nice pool and a sundeck. From the sundeck, you see the street and the people on the beach. We did like another reviewer did, we bought chairs and umbrella and the beginning of the week and left them at the resort. The chairs and umbrella rented by the beach are too expensive. I would recommend that the owner rent chairs and umbrellas for their guests. It would be mostly appreciate. We would return.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank FrimousseMontreal
Mannheim
Reviewed 5 June 2010

It´s a great place right at the beach, next to the Ritz Carlton. Nice and clean rooms, with everything you need. A beautifull, large pool, with sun all day long. And a sun deck with direct view to the beach and the beach walk. Walking distance to the night life.
Don´t miss the sunrise on the beach, you are all by yourself.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank petersfun
Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I booked this hotel directly through a phone call and reserved a studio unit. After reading more reviews I decided to ask to upgrade to a one bedroom if available when I arrived. Took a red-eye flight from LA to Tampa then drove in to Ft. Lauderdale arriving around noon on May 1st. When I got to Silver Seas I asked about a one bedroom and was told that one would be available but it would not be clean until 3pm which is to be expected. They sent me on my way until 3pm when I returned and asked to see the rooms. I was told I could not see the one bedroom unit because now it had been rented... hmmm. Thought they told me to go walk around while they got it clean to show me? I was told it was only for one night so I could move the following day. Sorry but they could have rented it to me for three nights.

The studio was an ok room. Clean but nothing fancy. The cold water to the sink in the bathroom was disconnected and the hot water was so hot I had to shave, brush teeth, etc in the kitchen. Not sure who determined that the murphy beds were queen sized but that is wrong. They are full size. I can tell because my feet hang off the end of a full size bed.

Overall the room was ok and I would stay again but in all honesty it is the location that is the only draw for me.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RickN6900
Royal Oak Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Had a great time the staff was very nice. But, it was the owners and guest that made it so much fun, we had a great time. The location is in the heart of Fort Lauderdale fun strip, we could swim in the pool or take a cool dip in the ocean. There were many places that had a lot of night life going on and the dining was an imaginary journey through paradise. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joAnn039
Kentucky
Reviewed 8 June 2009

The Silver Seas is certainly a small hotel compared to the Ritz, which is right next door. However, the hospitality of the staff (especially the manager Tony), the clean and pretty pool that gets sun all day, and the prized location make this a wise choice.
My boyfriend and I, both in our 20s, reserved a studio at Silver Seas through RCI. The staff was kind, friendly and helpful. Our AC didn't work in the studio so they moved us to a one bedroom--no questions asked. I would suggest choosing a one bedroom here as the studios are very small and the beds fold up into the wall.
Although the hotel isn't extremely fancy it is very clean and offers plenty of linens, a kitchenette, towels for the beach and anything else you could need. They even gave us premium M&Ms when we checked in--a personal favorite.
The hotel is right on the beach and in a central location. I loved it there and would stay again. It's reasonably priced and not overcrowded. I highly recommend the Silver Seas resort.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple