“Location, Location, Location.”

Ranked #84 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Siren, Wisconsin
“Location, Location, Location.”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I just returned from a week at Silver Seas and cannot say enough about Silver Seas, Tony and his staff. I read all the reviews of this unique resort and quite frankly cannot understand the bad reviews of this resort, sure its not the Ritz but you should know that going into it. We stayed in a first floor studio with murphy bed, wasn't sure what to expect in the bed but it was more comfortable then a lot of hotels I have stayed at. The room was clean and comfortable, we had an outlet that didn't work in the kitchen but Tony had that replaced in no time with his maintenance man. The pool area was well kept and inviting, each evening the wife and I would grab a drink and relax on the sun deck looking over the ocean and the people walking by on the street. The best thing about this resort though is the location it is right in the middle of the action, we did not have a car but didn't need one as everything you need is within walking distance from CVS store, to restaurants', night clubs and shopping. I would have given it 5 stars but like I said from the start it is not the Ritz and I don't want to miss-lead anyone, we will return in the futures without a doubt. I cannot end this without again thanking Tony and the staff, as an example of how they go the extra mile for you, we had a late flight on the day of our check out (9:30pm) I went down to ask Tony if he had a place for us to store luggage. He asked if we wouldn't mind moving to another room and stay as long as needed, I was not expecting this type of service but it was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lisa D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Silver Seas.
As many others mention, Silver Seas is not fancy. Nor is it a dump. Personally, it was 100% fine by me.
That is the extent of my criticism.
Now for some complements:
*the staff is terrific. Claudia and the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The maintenance man (Angel?) is trustworthy and reliable. The manager Mr Esposito was very accomodating.
*The apartments are great values...it's always nice to have a kitchen and a dining table, never mind a separate bed room and living room.
*Every cable channel you would want (except NFL network).
*I have not found any apartment I've stayed in to be dirty.
*The beds are great.
*The bedding is fine.
*The location can't be beat...right near Las Olas, right ON the beach, yet relatively quiet.
*Good (and free) parking facility.
*No "surprise charges."
We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richnsis
newport
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is the note I left instead of a tip.
Under normal circumstances I would always leave a tip for doing your best to make our stay enjoyable. Due to the following conditions that isn't possible.
Stove top Did not work
Can't open dishwasher fully because of the location of the A/C unit
Ironing board broken
Rooms were not clean
A/C was very loud
Security chains on door did not work or did not exist
Bedroom furniture did not fit the room
Cockroaches...I can put up with most of the above but not roaches. They exist because of filth.
The location is perfect but the resort is the pits.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Not as reflected on the web site. Shame on RCI for their listing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nOrmNewport

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

NYC
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It has been a few years since I came back. The staff is still very friendly and the hotel was very clean. It looked like they did some remodeling in the rooms. New beds, new fixtures and TVs.

Amazing little place with a great pool, great location and good times.

The management and staff are so great that this really makes the vacation!

I will be coming back to stay here for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BobbyBFromNYC
Dallas Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for the Ritz stay next door @ 329 night. I stayed in a studio room #126 and it was perfect for 2. I would not suggest any more than that because it is small. It has a Murphy bed which when down takes up a lot of room however it's easy to put up and downs if you choose to do so. It was fairly comfortable. Better than a fold out sofa. The room was clean but it is an old hotel. Small bathroom which does has some rust stains but they seam to maintain as best they can. The floors are tile so your feet do get dirty just from the everyday traffic. I just placed a towel by the bed to wipe the sand off. There is only maid service once a week, Wednesdays. But I'm sure if you need anything they would be more than happy to assist. The staff is very nice. Free DVD check out, towel sevice is free as well as wifi. There is gas grill, They just ask that you clean any mess. The beach is right across the street and a block away from everything. Food and entertainment. We stayed for the forth of july and was perfect. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Sunshine99
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This one is hard to review. My first impression was not good and I thought it had been a mistake to book into it for 3 nights. Many of my disappointments had already been mentioned by other reviewers so I figured I had no one to blame but myself. The furnishings are worn and lackluster. There is nothing inviting about the room. It was average for cleanliness and I agree with another reviewer that the floors were filthy. I had to wash my feet before I went to bed at night because they were so black with dirt. However, I finally figured out part of this problem was my own fault as I liked to leave the doors open and all the dust and dirt would blow in. This place grew on me. Staff was very nice. Location was great--right across from the beach and close to restaurants, CVS (the store where you can buy practically anything--I just wish I owned it as it is always packed), a couple of blocks to the inter-coastal--really a superb location. I was told there wasn't a water view but there really is a very nice view from either the balcony or the deck on the back of the room. I was in the middle of the second floor. I could open up both doors and get a great breeze flowing through. Everyone that I met while staying there was also very nice. This is a very good value considering the location and size of the room which includes a full kitchen. If they updated the rooms just a little bit it would really be a great place to stay. I almost gave it a 4 but it doesn't quite get there. I'd go back though!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have views. I would try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Marytc
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just spent a week at the Silver Seas. Picked the place because I wanted to be on the beach but didn't want to pay $300 a night for a bed. All I needed was a place to sleep while not on the beach and this place was perfect.
If you want a luxurious hotel, do not stay here. If you want amazing location and value and a very helpful, friendly staff...stay at the silver seas.
Side note...my car battery died after I had already checked out and the staff came to my rescue. Thank you again for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013