“Fun Night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My girl friend and I went to have a drink after dinner. The 2 pianists were great taking requests, playing off of each other. It was a fun way to end the night!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went here with the whole crew a few Thursday's ago and the place was a ghost town. I don't know what the problem was, there just weren't any people there. I don't know if it has anything to do with changing the name from Howl At The Moon (recognized by the average person), to Sopranos Dueling Piano Bar. We got there and were able to partake in a few of the drink specials and sit where ever we wanted. The piano guys went on a little late and although they were very active with the few people that were there, they didn't know a lot of the songs that my group had submitted for them to play. I have been to many dueling piano bars and they want you to try to stump them with tricky songs, and they always seem to know everything. These guys didn't know basic stuff. Usually when you are dropping $ for a specific song, you will want to hear it and not something similar that they knew, as they put it. I don't know if it's the B or C squad that plays during the week and then have the A squad during the weekends, but I was a little disappointed in their lack of music knowledge. If more people were there the atmosphere would be totally different and most likely more fun, but with just a handful of people, we missed out on a great night. I think this bar would profit more if it were right on the beach and not on the 3rd floor of Beach Place, tucked all the way away in the back, especially since no out of towner will recognize the brand name.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Awesomely fun place. Can sing along, drinks were fine.
In Chicago, a similar venue is so booked & the lines so long it's ridiculous so just being able to stroll in and get a good seat is very cool. Very talented musicians.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I live here in Lauderdale and don't usually take the time to write reviews of my local places (This IS tripadvisor after all, and I'm not on a trip!) But a friend of mine invited me and a bunch of friends to Sopranos Piano Bar last weekend and we had a BLAST.

The piano show started around 7 I think. It was fun.... kinda tame, but once the drinks started flowing the place came alive. The show became a bit more "adult" later in the evening and the piano players were hysterical. Some of my more normally reserved friends were the ones singing along the loudest. I really don't remember the last my friends and I had such a good time, and it was such an unexpected perfect night that I just had to post here and tell anyone that lives here in Lauderdale - or is visiting on a trip - that this is a place you don't wanna miss.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Towers so it was convenient to go downstairs and grab a 2 for 1 drink and be entertained by such passionate musician. I get the impression this is like a Karaoke of piano playing musicians trying to sing. Definitely not the next Billy Joel , but if you can manage to get in without a cover charge and 2 for 1 drink coupons , this a great fun for a few rounds. We did not eat there, but I would recommend making this a stop if staying in Fort Lauderdale.