“You Won't be Disappointed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Las Orquideas
Ranked #234 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Colombian, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Flagler Beach, Florida
“You Won't be Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were not familiar with Columbian food and were happy to see that it is very similar to Latin dishes that we enjoy. The service is prompt, friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed a chicken dish and a beef dish with delicious black beans and rice. We look forward to eating here again when we're in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MKG2010

new york
“really good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

had the chicken sandwich here and is really good the whole family loves them. i have also had the flank steak entree which i really liked. service is really good.

Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cheese Bread is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went to this nice restaurant with my daughter. We loved the empanadas, the salsa, the fresh juice, the Papa rellena. After that we were so pleasantly filled we had to call it a day.
I noticed the bakery items, and made sure to ask questions and tried a sampling of the items.
All of them were great, but my daughter and I who, even though were full, kept on sampling the cheese bread all the way home.

As a matter of fact, we loved it so much we returned the following day and brought some more cheese bread to give to family as a present. We now know to always buy an extra serving of the bread so we have some left once we get home!

Ottawa, Canada
“Columbian Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The sampler dished combined with the 2 house specialities allowed us to sample a wide variety and honestly they were great, I would say a visit is well worth it if you like authentic food.

The sweet plantain was great but I am not a fan of the green plantain as I found it dry, the beef was super tender and the chicken in passion fruit sauce was excellent. The 4 milks desert was very interesting and good.

The décor is plain but nice and the dishes very authentic and the restaurant is very clean.

Very knowledgeable, efficient and friendly service and the most pleasing aspect was when our waiter realized we were new both to the restaurant and to Columbian food he brought us some samplers (and even on the house)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Colombian / Latin Cuisine and Real Colombian Coffee here in Ft Lauderdale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have been eating lunch at Las Orquideas for many years and last Friday I went there for dinner for the first time. What a great evening Friday night! The food was terrific... very fresh and affordable prices. The service and entertainment was excellent. You do not have to be Latin to enjoy and appreciate Las Orquideas Restaurant. You get to experience the warmth and hospitality of Colombia, South America right here in Fort Lauderdale. The staff makes sure you are enjoying yourself.

Friday night's entertainment got the place fired up with a very talented and beautiful violin player who could really engage the audience and get the atmosphere charged up.

I think one of the items not mentioned enough is their coffee. Don't waste your money at Starbucks when you can get real Colombian Coffee here at a more affordable price that it my opinion taste better. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also have excellent Cappuccino. You can eat in or take out for either food or coffee.

I am not famaliar with Colombian bakery items, however, I bought a bag of pastries there and brought them to my office, and they disappeared quickly! Call ahead to find out their evening entertainment schedule. Even if you have never had Colombian / Latin food, the staff is very helpful at making your first time there, a very enjoyable experience. Don't forget to ask about their daily lunch specials too!