“What a fun night out.....”

Chef Jean-Pierre Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Chef Jean-Pierre's Cooking School opened in 1995. Today the school has taught over 17,000 regular students the art and the hobby of cooking delicious meal at home. The school offers hands-on and demonstration classes almost every day. Classes are very informal and always lots of fun and geared toward the Gourmet Cook that like to improve their techniques and learn more from a Master Chef as well at the beginners that is only starting to cook.Most of the classes are taught by Master Chef Jean-Pierre himself. The Chef began his formal apprenticeship at L'Ousteau de Baumaniere in Provence, one of the world's best restaurants with a 3-star Michelin rating. In 1976 he opened The Left Bank Restaurant which has always been selected by "Gourmet Magazine", "Bon Appetit", "Conde Nast" & "Travel & Leisure" as one of the best restaurants in America for 22 years. He hosted several cooking Series on PBS and wrote three best-selling cookbooks. The Chef can also be seen frequently as guest Chef on the "TODAY SHOW" where he has appeared 22 times. Chef Jean-Pierre has also appeared on Larry King Live and The Lifetime Channel's.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a fun night out.....”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have been coming to Fort Lauderdale for years and never know about this cooking school. I was afraid that it was going to be a boring demonstration, but instead the presentation was lots of fun, humor and lots of culinary wisdom and experience. The Chef kept the class totally entertained while giving great instructions. I would recommend to anyone who truly appreciates the finer things in life: Excellent food, good wine, and enjoying both making it and sharing it with good people!
The food was really exceptional. In particular, the Pasta Carbonara was a true triumph. I have been making Carbonara for years, but the Chef taught a couple of small things that turned an ordinary pasta dish into "Ambrosia". The potatoes ...... wonderful ...... the Boston cream ....... yummmmmmmy. I now know that I don't let my roasts stand long enough for the juices to settle in place.
Thank you for a wonderful evening. This school is a MUST to add to your list.
I'm just sorry it took me so long to get there the first time!

Visited December 2012
jeanpierrebrehier, Owner at Chef Jean-Pierre Cooking School, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review! We all really appreciated it! Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Be sure to let us know who you are next time you visit, the Chef would like to buy you a glass of wine. Thanks again!!!

NY
“Amazing Gourmet Experience!”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Since I read many reviews that said it was a fun place to go. For the first time since I have been taking cooking classes (20 years) in various cities I dared to bring my husband. He has no knowledge of the kitchen other than how to open a can of soup. He loved the class. He said, he had fun, the Chef was very knowledgeable and entertaining and above all said the food was spectacular especially the Snapper dish! Not to mention a most excellent tasting with the aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil selections. Purchased three bottles! The couple seated next to us had taken the cooking 101 & 102 series and gave it high marks. Looking forward to attending future classes, next time we are in Fort Lauderdale!!!

Visited January 2013
jeanpierrebrehier, Manager at Chef Jean-Pierre Cooking School, responded to this review, 31 January 2013