“A Great Time Was Had By All!”

Fort Lauderdale Food Tours - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience quintessential Fort Lauderdale with stops along the Las Olas Blvd for some of the best bites in town. Immerse yourself into the local culture, sampling and tasting your way through a variety of local favorites. Uncover the secrets of local and tropical ingredients, and their usage in the fabulous dishes that blend Caribbean, Cuban and Mediterranean traditions that spawned our famous Floribbean cuisine. Meet the people behind the food, and gain an appreciation of the tropical melting pot that is South Florida.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Las Olas Foodie Tour was an awesome experience and our guide was truly amazing. As we strolled through the beautiful shopping district of Las Olas, stopping at the various art galleries and restaurants planned along the way, our guide enlightened us to not only to the history of the foods and places at which we were eating, but to the history of Fort Lauderdale and the Las Olas river as well. Each restaurant brought something unique to the pallet and the overall mix of foods was eclectic, yet wonderfully complimentary. And the portions! Seriously, I thought I would be running out to get a sandwich after the tour, instead I was so full from it I skipped dinner. That alone made it worth the cost. What a wonderful and relaxing way to spend an early afternoon. I would recommend this experience to anyone! :-D

1  Thank Christian M
There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Food Tours - Tours

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've lived in Florida for 20+ years but haven't been to Las Olas since Riverwalk expanded over a decade ago. When a friend invited me to this new food tour exploring Las Olas, I was surprised they would have anything to show us - boy was I wrong! Our tour guide, Margie, delighted us with delicious foods from the local bakery (which brings the surrounding area their fresh breads) to the eclectic little shops with unique flavors - she also threw in historical tidbits about the area which reminded me about the rich history the Ft. Lauderdale area has. My favorite part was the cheese and wine pairing, but there was so much diversity... it was hard to choose. Make sure to come hungry!! Even if you find something you don't like, this food tour will fill you up!! This food tour is great for people visiting and a great way for locals to get back in touch with where they live. I look forward to going to other tours put on by these people!

1  Thank keepkrushn89
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Los Olas has become kinda cool?
By no means do I intend to allude that this is hipster central.Thank goodness right?! Instead, The Ft .Lauderdale Food tour introduced me to a handful of culinary delights while also providing a peek into Ft. Lauderdales rich history. Our guide was spot on with making sure we were entertained with the area while impressing me with the variety and quality of our stops. Some of my favorites included the wine and cheese pairing as well as the olive oil and balsamic shop. I should also mention there is a pretty interesting contemporary art gallery featuring compelling work. Los Olas has interesting art...kind of sounds funny right? But it's true.
My girlfriend and I have frequented BOA several times since the tour. This place has Asian Fusion offerings that are mind boggling delicious. Sticky ribs and Thai benyas. Need I say more?
Margie, our tour guide, was fantastic. A real treasure for the foodies and those that hang out with them.
Tip: rain or shine bring an umbrella for shade or that South Florida 10 minute down pour.

1  Thank Mee N
Reviewed 2 August 2014

It has been literally years since I have gone down and hung out at Las Olas. Basically because the shops sort of gentrified and forced out all the local quirky shops that gave Las Olas its character. Then the Riverside Hotel decided they wanted to expand and no longer lease the spaces next to it resulting in a big open park area, since their building expansion went on hold. So I stopped going to Las Olas.

I just became aware of Fort Lauderdale Food Tours and their Las Olas food tour and decided to try it. I have done food tours in San Francisco, Seattle, Miami, and Florence and those are some of my best experiences I have had. So I decided to check it out and see if Las Olas had anything to offer these days.

Let me tell you, it was the best decision I have made recently. The tour was great and Margie the tour guide definitely knew not only the food places but also the history of Fort Lauderdale. Plus, Las Olas has gone back to being approachable with quirky little shops where you really want to hang out in while and spend a day there. The tour really picked some great places to visit:

Pan'e Dolci's Italian bakery where we actually had a delicious polish pastry. I know you are thinking Polish pastry at an Italian bakery? Don't worry there is a story behind it and Margie explains it all. Oh, and come back later for their gelato!

The blue corn crusted calamari at Johnny V's. The calamari was perfect, tender, flavorful just good. Oh, and Johnny V's will offer you wine you are snacking on the Calamari just know that it is not included with the Tour and you have to pay for it. I sort of liked that know being able to order a glass off of their extensive wine list.

Then a cheese and wine tasting at the Cheese Culture. Okay I will come back just to Fort Lauderdale just for this place. It's not pretentious at all more of a European feel just come and hang out and have wine and cheese.

Gran Forno which is another fantastic bakery that only the locals really know about. Basically they supply most of the bread to all the local restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. We got to go back into the bakery, see the ovens, etc. and got a half a sandwich which was huge. The full thing must be bigger than your head ... okay I exaggerate but not by much.

A flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting at EVOO Market where I then spent a bit of money actually buying things like blueberry and espresso flavored balsamic vinegar and chipotle olive oil.

Finished things off with an Asian inspired beignet at Bao; Great way to end the tour.

I got to say originally I thought I would stay down in Las Olas and get some lunch after the tour since food tours that I have been on elsewhere never fills your up. You get a nice taste of food but not like the equivalent of a full meal. After theirs I was stuffed.

So if you are town waiting to go on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, this is something worth doing before your cruise heads out. If you are local and looking for something different to try without having to drive down to Miami or up to Orlando this is a fun option.

3  Thank Darren G
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This food tour exceeded all of my expectations! Margie was an amazing guide, sharing facts of Fort Lauderdale's history all along the tour. She was very knowledgeable and really made the tour enjoyable. The restaurants we visited were each unique in their own way, and everything we tasted was fantastic! I would highly recommend this tour to not only the "Foodie-challenged", but to any self-proclaimed food expert; there's something for everybody. The tour was the perfect amount of time, we never felt rushed, and there was never a dull moment! This tour would be a perfect date and it would be great to do with a group of friends. Come hungry!