“10.00 cover new charge on weekends, big dissapointment”
Review of Blue Jeans Blues

Blue Jeans Blues
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I love the music that comes through here, but, I must say that charging 10.00 to go to a place where I generally will have 2-3 drinks, now I may only have one and may find another place to go to. They may consider charging a 2 drink minimum instead to avoid loosing customers. I find it a turn off after coming here for so long, too bad. It was not as crowded as it usually gets which is a sign.

2  Thank amy m

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place has great music and martinis! We loved it here! The food, bartenders, and environment were all fantastic! We will be back next year!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Live music and surprisingly good food made for an enjoyable evening in Fort Lauderdale at Blue Jean Blues. This venue was definitely geared to the more mature (thank goodness). When I asked several younger hotel staff members as to its location, they had never even heard of it. I would assume that a lot of locals frequent this jazz bar though as it was very crowded when I visited on a Friday night in August. Everyone was polite and well-behaved...just having a good time. Perhaps I appreciated the more "mature" behavior after being exposed to youthful "alcohol induced" antics earlier in the evening. "Mature" is definitely not a synonym for dull though. There was dancing on the dance floor, and swaying in the chairs. There was good wine, laughter and a total appreciation for good entertainment. I would highly recommend this venue for a night of relaxation and fun.

2  Thank novelchick
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I read about the great blues music at this place so decided we had to check it out the first night of our vacation. We took a cab from Las Olas (which is kinda far) and got there right at 9pm.
When we arrived we could hear the music spilling out into the street. The band was great. There was a $5 cover for "entertainment" which wasn't a problem. The problem was: they packed the place well over capacity. Not only could we not find a place to sit, The place was so crowded we couldnt even make it more than 5 ft in the door. How are people supposed to enjoy themselves when theyre packed like sardines?!
After having one beer and continuously getting elbowed and rammed into we decided it just wasn't worth it.
Such a disappointment.

1  Thank Jamye B
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

This was our first stop after arriving to Ft Lauderdale, was a lot of fun. The band "Ike & velma" was awesome. Place gets crowded quick,so get there early. Drinks and food was good also. Check it out if u like Live music.

1  Thank JustMahoney