“VERY accommodating & helpful Staff”
Review of Inn Leather

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Inn Leather
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the Inn more times that I can count. I’m somewhat ashamed that I’d not given any comments yet, we’ve stayed in over half of the rooms over the years and we can NOT complain about any one of our stays. Yes it’s an older and small resort, but very well kept for what they have to work with, no it’s not the Ritz but they are not trying to be the Ritz although the staff and manager will bend over backwards to accommodate what ever their guests might need if it is in their reach, they have a very small staff at the inn and this adds to the coziness of staying there. Fruit, yogurt, rolls, coffee & juice complementary for breakfast in common area of the pool. They are pet friendly too! All units except for 1 have full kitchens, wifi connection is very good in all rooms too, and rooms are very clean, no daily maid service unless you make arrangements they stay out of your room during your stay. Nice lush gardens & clean pool area, with lots of with lots of privacy from the outside world as this is a clothing optional resort, so NO tan lines<smile>

Room Tip: Rooms, 3, 5 6, & 7 GREAT views of the pool & common area
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lenny B
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Well tank you so much for your great review, we truly appreciate your input and you are right, we are not the Ritz, but is true, we do strive on giving the best of us to our guest, you are after all at our home, so we want to make you feel like so.
We are very happy you guys come down to Ft. Lauderdale and your first thought is to stay at our Resort. It means a lot to us that you would choose us over any where else you could stay, so for that, THANK YOU!
Looking forward to your next visit.
Milan Gamiani

There are newer reviews for Inn Leather

Reviewed 1 March 2014

First off, it's worth mentioning that Inn Leather is only a mile away from the airport. So, especially if you're traveling from a colder climate, it's not a bad perk that you can be lying in the sun 15 minutes after you land. (Also, there's no anxiety about catching your return flight on time.)

As to the resort itself, the website pictures are copious and accurate. It's a small property, 12 rooms, with tropical grounds and gardens, and a heated pool. All the rooms have been updated, keeping in sync with the tenor of the Inn Leather theme. The rooms and linens are very clean, the air-conditioning units are powerful, the shower water pressure is strong, there is a full supply of bathroom products, and, waiting in the refrigerator on arrival are complimentary bottles of water, soda and beer. All the rooms have HDTVs, DVD players and VCRs, and the office has a full library of DVDs and VHS tapes for borrowing (with no sign-in nonsense). And, yes, there are still VCRs in the rooms, but that's only an enhancement for viewing the classic VHS tapes that are in ample supply. (The office also has wide-ranging tourist info, and sun protection products for general use.)

And, for those of us who have stayed in much more expensive hotels with dodgy wi-fi service, it's worth highlighting that the wi-fi service was outstanding throughout my stay.

As one reviewer noted, Inn Leather provides housekeeping service only if you specifically request it. However, signage throughout the rooms highlights that replacement supplies (towels, toiletries, etc.) are available for the asking. And the staff continually asks if you need anything. I personally preferred the unintrusiveness of this setup, especially since the staff immediately attended to anything I asked for.

The crowd skews towards the leather community -- duh, Inn Leather -- and, while the crowd also skews towards the older side (mostly 30s, 40s and 50s), there are plenty of attractive men of all ages and types. Inasmuch as a lot of the smaller gay properties near the beach have now consolidated into mega-resorts, the advantage here is that the smaller venue contributes to the no-attitude, low-key vibe of the place.

Inn Leather provides day passes, and, depending on the day, there is a light to moderate influx of day visitors. The day visitors tend to ship out by the evening, leaving a more peaceful vibe for the hotel guests. As the website clearly shows, there are outdoor showers, a hot tub, playrooms, and various paraphernalia (yes, a sling in every room) for various activity. That said, there is nothing oppressive about the atmosphere at all.

Since bars and restaurants are scattered throughout Fort Lauderdale, I can't imagine not renting a car there. However, a few guests on short weekend stays seemed to have no problem not renting a car, especially since Inn Leather, on SE 19th Street, is a short walk away from the extensive malls and restaurants on SE 17th Street. While the neighborhood surrounding the premises was somewhat desolate at nighttime, the property is patrolled by security camera monitors, staff is on-duty til about 7 or 8 at night, and the manager lives on the premises. While I was there, another guest told me that he had forgotten the entry keycode when he returned late at night, and the manager immediately responded to his phone call to let him in.

Inn Leather provides a standard continental breakfast (coffee, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries), and there are various seating arrangements throughout the property to relax with a cup of coffee. (An added convenience is a washer and dryer for guest use.)

This was my first visit to Inn Leather, and not only do I unequivocally recommend it, all of the guests I spoke to seemed to share my high regard for the place and its awesome staff. With the reduction in small gay resorts, it was a pleasure to patronize and support this iconic fixture.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Eagleeyesighter
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. It is of great pleasure to read such an extensive and positive review from someone who truly enjoyed our property, our services and our staff and all we have to offer here at Inn Leather Resort. We truly look forward to your next visit here at the hotel and ask you to please know that we are truly thankful for your visit, your review and patronage!
Here you have your home away from home.
Milan Gamiani, general manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Inn Leather last season over a long weekend with my bf when we were looking at properties on Fort Lauderdale beach. We had a really great stay and it's definitely one of the factors that led to us now being semi-permanent residents here. It's a first rate guesthouse, but the leather accoutrement really take it to the next level. Our room had a sling. My only complaint is that is was parallel and not facing the room's window. Our first night was pretty quiet so for the second night we decided to leave the inn. Big mistake. When we returned around 4am there was a party winding down that looked like it had been great fun. Sunday, we finally made it to breakfast by the pool, which was really good. Even though I have my own place in Fort Lauderdale now, I would definitely consider another stay at Inn Leather. -- Anthony P.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ANTHONY P
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

In behalf of our entire team and myself the general manager of Inn Leather Resort we want to thank you for having chosen our Inn for your stay in Fort Lauderdale.
Most rooms have the sling on a fairly good position reference to the windows, but everyone likes different things, so we have a bit for everyone here! Hope you will be back and that we can accommodate you on a different room so you can experience a whole different sling "view"...
Come back and see us soon!
Milan Gamiani GM
ILGH

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited Inn Leather on February 16 for 3 nights. I arrived very late on Sunday evening , I called ahead of time to let them know. Teddy was very nice and agreed to meet me at the gate to welcome me and show me to my room. Thanks Teddy!
My room was just as I expected it to be and the staff was very attentive.

I'll definitely be back :-)

Alan

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here back in August this year with my partner (sorry for the late review - better late than never!).
What can I say, other than the place is excellent.
We received a very warm welcome on our arrival by Jack along with some cool drinks (perfect in the heat of the summer). Having not booked a room, we were shown a couple of different rooms that we could stay in that evening. It was a no brainer - Room 5!!
It had its own playroom complete with Sling and was everything we wanted. The complex was fairly quiet that evening which was a shame, but then it was a weekday just before labour day weekend.
The room was excellent, yeah don't go expecting the Hilton, but it was clean, tidy, had 2 tv's, a queensize bed and a fridge with drinks in, no complaints at all.
As for breakfast, I really can't comment. After making use of the jacuzzi and the "additional room" in our apartment until the early hours of the morning, we had a lie in well past breakfast.
We will definately be coming back again next year and look forward to our stay!
For all those commenting on the paintwork etc, do you really go to a place like this to admire that?
Only suggestion for the future? Maybe a few more bits of furniture in the playroom in Room 5 ready for our visit in August :)
Keep up the great work guys!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank C2lad
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you had a good time here at Inn Leather resort, and we look very much forward to your return. Let us know what other types of furnishings would you like to see in room five, so that we can accommodate you on your next trip.
Till then, thank you once again!
Milan Gamiani GM

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just returned from a 3 night weekend stay here. I had a fantastic time. The customer service was second to none. A great resort that I don't think too many people know about.

Upon arrival on Friday I was greeted by Milan (Manager), who promptly checked me in & offered me a complimentary drink, which was great after a long journey. I was then shown to my room a few moments later. Milan ran through a couple of the resorts do's & do not's (which was understandable), then he went through what was in the room; extra towels, sheets, further complementary drinks (in a fridge) and how to use the flat screen TV & DVD/VIDEO player and adjust the sling etc. The room was extremely spacious with a double bed, en suite bathroom including a large walk in shower (shampoo/hand wash & shower gel provided) and small kitchenette with sink and fridge behind folding doors. The room door & gate to the resort are all key pad entry so it was nice not having to carry keys around. The room was extremely clean and tidy. I did think a few things need to be updated / repainted in my room, but I couldn't comment for all the rooms. The resort do not offer a daily maid service as standard (which I prefer), hate being woken up by house keeping. But there are signs saying just ask if you do want daily house keeping at no additional cost.

Shortly after this I met Teddy (staff) who was extremely helpful & recommended a few of the bars in town and where to go on what nights. He provided me with a few local magazines and map that they have on hand in the office. This was great especially as it was my first visit. Throughout my visit Teddy & the other staff always greeted me whenever they saw me, making sure that I was enjoying my stay, whether I needed any additional towels, drinks etc... The level of customer service was fantastic. The resort is a little bit of a distance from the gay bars but is a quick drive and/or not overly expensive in a cab.

The grounds are very tranquil with lots of trees and plants providing areas of shade and lots of privacy. There are several water features also. There is the main pool area with plenty of; seating, lounge chairs, tables etc. There are also little hidden areas along paths/behind some of the buildings where there is additional privacy if you wish. At night there is lots of mood lighting around the resort, the pool is lit and every where has just the right amount of light.

The jacuzzi is just off of the main pool area behind a camo net there is also a few outdoor 'fun' areas too

Breakfast was provided each day outside near the pool, I think between 7:30-10am. It included coffee, granola bars, muffins, bananas, yogurts. All branded products too not value.

Think I've included everything. Please message me if you have any further questions.

The resort itself I think needs to do a lot more online marketing - possibly further update to the website, a few new photos, room prices, online booking form definitely etc. I spoke with quite a few locals who didn't seem to know the place.

I would definitely recommend the venue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank M_2_The_Onkey
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much, myself, Milan Gamiani, general manager of Inn Leather Resort, want to thank you for having stayed with us.
As general manager, customer service and satisfaction are most important to me. That been said, your positive review is greatly aprreciated and inspirational to the staff and my self.
We, here at Inn Leather Resort, look forward to seeing you again verry soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I love staying at Inn Leather. The staff are all great. Rooms are clean(I must say I think they are cleaner then chain hotels) I always have a GREAT time when I stay there. The pool is so relaxing and the temp is perfect. The fact that every room has something special in them.
I would wish the free breakfast would last till 11 instead of 10.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank monkeyman61
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you so much for patronage. Here at Inn Leather we're always looking for new ways of helping our customers and pleasing everybody. Next Time you are visiting with us, please let us know that you would like breakfast at a different time and we will gladly prepare your basket that you can keeping your room to eat at whichever time you prefer, also we have extended our breakfast hours until 11 Am. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you, we want you back at the Inn!
Milan Gamiani