Inn Leather
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crown Inn Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
Landmark Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubfun weekendwilton manorsguest housegay menrecent stayrooms are cleanwithin walking distanceresortfeistyguestslauderdalesheetsft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first time at a gay resort. It has been remarkable. The rooms are well decorated, the service is top notch, the location is centrally located to dozens of points of interests. The staff bends over backwards to ensure you're relaxed and well taken care of. The resort itself has a communal atmosphere. It is a great place to relax and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank akelias
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Is always very fulfilling to hear that people have a good time at our Resort, weather for fun or to relax, it is always a pleasure having our guest comment on their stay. We thank you for staying with us and please come back again soon!
Milan Gamiani

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the Inn more times that I can count. I’m somewhat ashamed that I’d not given any comments yet, we’ve stayed in over half of the rooms over the years and we can NOT complain about any one of our stays. Yes it’s an older and small resort, but very well kept for what they have to work with, no it’s not the Ritz but they are not trying to be the Ritz although the staff and manager will bend over backwards to accommodate what ever their guests might need if it is in their reach, they have a very small staff at the inn and this adds to the coziness of staying there. Fruit, yogurt, rolls, coffee & juice complementary for breakfast in common area of the pool. They are pet friendly too! All units except for 1 have full kitchens, wifi connection is very good in all rooms too, and rooms are very clean, no daily maid service unless you make arrangements they stay out of your room during your stay. Nice lush gardens & clean pool area, with lots of with lots of privacy from the outside world as this is a clothing optional resort, so NO tan lines<smile>

Room Tip: Rooms, 3, 5 6, & 7 GREAT views of the pool & common area
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lenny B

Well tank you so much for your great review, we truly appreciate your input and you are right, we are not the Ritz, but is true, we do strive on giving the best of us to our guest, you are after all at our home, so we want to make you feel like so.
We are very happy you guys come down to Ft. Lauderdale and your first thought is to stay at our Resort. It means a lot to us that you would choose us over any where else you could stay, so for that, THANK YOU!
Looking forward to your next visit.
Milan Gamiani

Reviewed 1 March 2014

First off, it's worth mentioning that Inn Leather is only a mile away from the airport. So, especially if you're traveling from a colder climate, it's not a bad perk that you can be lying in the sun 15 minutes after you land. (Also, there's no anxiety about catching your return flight on time.)

As to the resort itself, the website pictures are copious and accurate. It's a small property, 12 rooms, with tropical grounds and gardens, and a heated pool. All the rooms have been updated, keeping in sync with the tenor of the Inn Leather theme. The rooms and linens are very clean, the air-conditioning units are powerful, the shower water pressure is strong, there is a full supply of bathroom products, and, waiting in the refrigerator on arrival are complimentary bottles of water, soda and beer. All the rooms have HDTVs, DVD players and VCRs, and the office has a full library of DVDs and VHS tapes for borrowing (with no sign-in nonsense). And, yes, there are still VCRs in the rooms, but that's only an enhancement for viewing the classic VHS tapes that are in ample supply. (The office also has wide-ranging tourist info, and sun protection products for general use.)

And, for those of us who have stayed in much more expensive hotels with dodgy wi-fi service, it's worth highlighting that the wi-fi service was outstanding throughout my stay.

As one reviewer noted, Inn Leather provides housekeeping service only if you specifically request it. However, signage throughout the rooms highlights that replacement supplies (towels, toiletries, etc.) are available for the asking. And the staff continually asks if you need anything. I personally preferred the unintrusiveness of this setup, especially since the staff immediately attended to anything I asked for.

The crowd skews towards the leather community -- duh, Inn Leather -- and, while the crowd also skews towards the older side (mostly 30s, 40s and 50s), there are plenty of attractive men of all ages and types. Inasmuch as a lot of the smaller gay properties near the beach have now consolidated into mega-resorts, the advantage here is that the smaller venue contributes to the no-attitude, low-key vibe of the place.

Inn Leather provides day passes, and, depending on the day, there is a light to moderate influx of day visitors. The day visitors tend to ship out by the evening, leaving a more peaceful vibe for the hotel guests. As the website clearly shows, there are outdoor showers, a hot tub, playrooms, and various paraphernalia (yes, a sling in every room) for various activity. That said, there is nothing oppressive about the atmosphere at all.

Since bars and restaurants are scattered throughout Fort Lauderdale, I can't imagine not renting a car there. However, a few guests on short weekend stays seemed to have no problem not renting a car, especially since Inn Leather, on SE 19th Street, is a short walk away from the extensive malls and restaurants on SE 17th Street. While the neighborhood surrounding the premises was somewhat desolate at nighttime, the property is patrolled by security camera monitors, staff is on-duty til about 7 or 8 at night, and the manager lives on the premises. While I was there, another guest told me that he had forgotten the entry keycode when he returned late at night, and the manager immediately responded to his phone call to let him in.

Inn Leather provides a standard continental breakfast (coffee, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries), and there are various seating arrangements throughout the property to relax with a cup of coffee. (An added convenience is a washer and dryer for guest use.)

This was my first visit to Inn Leather, and not only do I unequivocally recommend it, all of the guests I spoke to seemed to share my high regard for the place and its awesome staff. With the reduction in small gay resorts, it was a pleasure to patronize and support this iconic fixture.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Eagleeyesighter
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. It is of great pleasure to read such an extensive and positive review from someone who truly enjoyed our property, our services and our staff and all we have to offer here at Inn Leather Resort. We truly look forward to your next visit here at the hotel and ask you to please know that we are truly thankful for your visit, your review and patronage!
Here you have your home away from home.
Milan Gamiani, general manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Inn Leather last season over a long weekend with my bf when we were looking at properties on Fort Lauderdale beach. We had a really great stay and it's definitely one of the factors that led to us now being semi-permanent residents here. It's a first rate guesthouse, but the leather accoutrement really take it to the next level. Our room had a sling. My only complaint is that is was parallel and not facing the room's window. Our first night was pretty quiet so for the second night we decided to leave the inn. Big mistake. When we returned around 4am there was a party winding down that looked like it had been great fun. Sunday, we finally made it to breakfast by the pool, which was really good. Even though I have my own place in Fort Lauderdale now, I would definitely consider another stay at Inn Leather. -- Anthony P.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ANTHONY P
Milan G, General Manager at Inn Leather, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

In behalf of our entire team and myself the general manager of Inn Leather Resort we want to thank you for having chosen our Inn for your stay in Fort Lauderdale.
Most rooms have the sling on a fairly good position reference to the windows, but everyone likes different things, so we have a bit for everyone here! Hope you will be back and that we can accommodate you on a different room so you can experience a whole different sling "view"...
Come back and see us soon!
Milan Gamiani GM
ILGH

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited Inn Leather on February 16 for 3 nights. I arrived very late on Sunday evening , I called ahead of time to let them know. Teddy was very nice and agreed to meet me at the gate to welcome me and show me to my room. Thanks Teddy!
My room was just as I expected it to be and the staff was very attentive.

I'll definitely be back :-)

Alan