“Perfect one day break to Bahamas”
Review of Balearia Caribbean

and up
Grand Bahama Round-Trip Ferry Ride from Fort Lauderdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Balearia Caribbean offers Scheduled ferry crossings between Fort Lauderdale FL, and Grand Bahama Island onboard our ship; “Jaume I” with a capacity of 600 passengers divided into two classes; economy premium and ecomomy. Jaume I sails from Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 am and arrives at Grand Bahama Island at 11:00 am (weather permitting), It then sails from Grand Bahama Island at 6:00 pm, and arrives back to Fort Lauderdale at 9:30 pm With such a convenient schedule, Balearia Caribbean gives the traveler the opportunity to spend 6 hours in the island on a one day trip, a quick weekend getaway when limited by time, or a grand vacation when staying at one of the many resorts in Grand Bahama Island. Balearia Caribbean is proud to be the lowest priced and “funnest” way to travel to the Bahamas
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Booked the one day trip to Freeport and was pleasantly surprised after all the negative reviews I have read. Value for money if you want a quick getaway and see Freeport while in Fort Lauderdale....Was a day well spent both on board and the island
Pleasant staff, friendly and courteous. Food and drinks available on board as well as you can carry your own food...Duty free on board at excellent prices...Play slots or just relax on the 3 hour ride back and forth...
Recommend this as a perfect 1 day break

3  Thank Torontotimes
FerryExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Balearia Caribbean, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

On behalf of Balearia Bahamas Express I would like to thank you for choosing us to service you. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Booked the one day trip to Freeport and was pleasantly surprised! There is a bit of outdoor seating and you are able to smoke out there which totally made my day!! Very clean. And, despite the rules, you are able to bring food and drinks aboard which, unfortunately, we did not!! The only negative is the lack of customer service - not able to reach them by phone or the online chat. (My daughter lives in Ft. Lauderdale so I sent her over to purchase our tickets ahead of time). The tiki bar down at the "free" beach is great! Awesome drinks!!

1  Thank romeogirlz

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got a deal on groupon an decided to take a little vacation. I was kinda scared after reading reviews here, and expected a bad time buttttttt....
1. The reservation people were very nice, an though my name was spelled wrong I brought my printout confirmation and had absolutely no problem.
2. Check in was easy, and boarding was announced 1st class, then day trippers, lastly overnighters. It was organized as it could be with no assigned seating.
3. Everything was, to the minute, on time. On the way back everyone was checked in 20 minutes early, and instead of sitting around we all got to leave and get home 20 minutes early.
Tips....
1. Bring a book and cash. Wifi went down on the way home. So kinda limited on electronics. Also with no wifi their credit swipers won't work.
2. Bring food and drinks! Everyone did! Also if staying on the Island bring whatever you want except chicken. They said you can bring a cooler of steaks
If you want.
3. No one was weighing baggage. As long as it wasn't ridiculously oversized and the passenger could carry it, no one seemed to care.
4 Be sure to catch the sunset on the way back to florida!
Oh try seabands if you get seasick! They work.

4  Thank SFitzy321

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We live in Florida and me and my boyfriend baught the groupon. It was a great price. We had a 3 hour drive to the boat. They got us through quick. Staff was kind of short with you but not rude. The boat did not take off on time and we got to the Bahamas around 12. It was hard to walk on the boat on the way there due to water conditions. The boat was easy to find on the way back and we got a great seat up on the top deck so we could go out when they opened the doors and see the sun set. Also the bar drinks were pretty cheap. This was a great afternoon and if you dont want anything TOO fancy, your trip will turn out GREAT using this service!

3  Thank AshleyRose27

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a great ferry. I just want to stress that this is not a cruise boat, this is just a quick way to get to the Bahamas without paying for a cruise. The boat is clean, the staff is friendly. There is food, bar and slot machines. The trip takes around 3 hours. Not sure whether the company read previous reviews and fixed all of their issues or people expect a lot from a ferry. It was a comfortable trip, but i did upgrade to vip where they had comfortable seats.

3  Thank Natasha A