“Enjoyable breakfast”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,427 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I happened on the Village Cafe while wandering the back streets of Ft. Lauderdale. It's just a block off A1A, and easy to find. It seemed to be less touristy than those along the beach, which is what I wanted. I went there for breakfast and had eggs bacon and fruit and coffee. It was excellent and promptly served. The cost of the food was $10, which I thought was a bit overpriced, especially when I got the same basic meal at a hotel restaurant overlooking the ocean the next day. But I still highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Wonderful menu for both young and old, warm surroundings, soft music and my mornings oblige me to visit this treasure. The staff is crisply trained and engaging. (I only wish I knew all of their names, but they know customer service whether you're alone, like me, or with lots of kids.)
I get to relax in the morning, read the digital NYT and for two hours my only thoughts are how happy I am that the restaurant is here and I'm here to enjoy the staff, food, and surroundings.(Yes,in that order!) It's a short walk from many areas resorts.
I plan the resort but I don't plan where to enjoy my mornings hours. Thank you all very much.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Fort Lauderdale beach is a strip location. Get your minds out of the gutter. Everything happens on the strip. If you have a restaurant there, numbers alone will make it hard for you to fail. The North Beach Hotel is back only one block, but it might as well be 10 miles away - people won't come unless word of mouth and/or the review makes them come.

First, the food - I had the Chicken Francaise. Easy dish to get right, but equally easy to get wrong. This one was perfect. It had just the right amount of lemon behind the butter. I knew someone cared about the dish. The entrée was hot, which meant it came right from the sauté pan. Good Job. The side dishes seemed to be throw aways (not getting equal importance). The broccolini was too over cooked and lukewarm. The mashed potatoes had excellent flavor, but were too cool for my liking. I may be the odd duck, but I like my potatoes, whether fried, mashed or baked to be piping hot.
Second, the service. The female waiter was nice, but only, and just, doing her job. I asked her some questions, and she struggled, finally asking me if I spoke Spanish. This is a little bit of a peeve for me in Fort Lauderdale. I should not have to change languages out of English to ask a wait person what the special is for the day. After taking the order, the wait person disappeared until I flagged her down for the check. While a busser came by to help with my wine order, no one ever asked how my meal was.

The restaurant continues to have potential. A good chef is key. I recommend it reservedly. They should put some effort into boosting their presence on social media. That will be done by great reviews. Everyone, neighborhood mostly, will benefit by them being a big success

1  Thank rancebaker
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely evening at Village Cafe, the atmosphere was lovely and the deco was beautiful. It was amazing food coupled with amazing service! We definitely would recommend it

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Our group of 10 was seated as soon as a large table became available. The Bloody Mary was divine. We all got breakfast and each dish was excellent. It was very reasonably priced.

We did not eat lunch or dinner but the menu looked good.